Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 450 of 455 FirstFirst ... 350400440448449450451452 ... LastLast
Results 6,736 to 6,750 of 6819
    Looks like the Wizards hired Michael Winger as president of basketball operations. Again, the Ujiri talk was nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Raptor View Post
    Looks like the Wizards hired Michael Winger as president of basketball operations. Again, the Ujiri talk was nothing.
    I saw that m. Wonder if that sparks a change if direction for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Brah even so do y'all think Poole would be any better in a Raptors uniform? I agree he needs a change of scenery but if you did that trade, the Warriors would win that trade easily. Especially if you put VanVleet with Steph, Klay, Draymond and Wiggins then it would easily be Steph at the 1, VanVleet at the 2 guard, Klay would move over to the 3, Wiggins would move over to the 4 and Looney at the 5. Warriors win that easily no question.

Poole in Toronto he would easily be at the 1 guard but then you going to keep Trent Jr at the 2 guard spot? Then OG would be at the 3, Siakam at the 4 and Poeltl at the 5. Barnes still coming off the bench unless you decide to put Barnes at the 1 or at the 2...it still doesn't very much matter because the Raptors would lose that trade regardless for the simple reason Poole becomes unplayable especially on defense. On offense sure he can get buckets but guy can't play defense.
    If the team does determine to let VanVleet go, then I would say that Jrdan Poole in a sign and trade would be one of the best results. During sign and trades, you're generally not expected to get equal value. The goal is to not lose the player for nothing, and to maximize the return. Now, I'm not advocating the move, but I think you miss some context when you say that we would lose the trade.

Brah even so do y'all think Poole would be any better in a Raptors uniform? I agree he needs a change of scenery but if you did that trade, the Warriors would win that trade easily. Especially if you put VanVleet with Steph, Klay, Draymond and Wiggins then it would easily be Steph at the 1, VanVleet at the 2 guard, Klay would move over to the 3, Wiggins would move over to the 4 and Looney at the 5. Warriors win that easily no question.

Poole in Toronto he would easily be at the 1 guard but then you going to keep Trent Jr at the 2 guard spot? Then OG would be at the 3, Siakam at the 4 and Poeltl at the 5. Barnes still coming off the bench unless you decide to put Barnes at the 1 or at the 2...it still doesn't very much matter because the Raptors would lose that trade regardless for the simple reason Poole becomes unplayable especially on defense. On offense sure he can get buckets but guy can't play defense.
    Itís not about winning or losing a trade here. Itís about them replacing Poole with a player with ship experience due to the circumstance. And for us itís simply about getting something back for Freddy.

When Freddy opts out of the final year of his contract we will be lucky to get anything for him at all. Chances are we wont.

The Jordan Poole idea is simply an opportunistic one because of their situation. One of Poole or Green are gone and if youíre a betting man you know which one.

This could actually be a trade that works for both teams.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 05-25-2023 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Itís not about winning or losing a trade here. Itís about them replacing Poole with a player with ship experience due to the circumstance. And for us itís simply about getting something back for Freddy.

When Freddy opts out of the final year of his contract we will be lucky to get anything for him at all. Chances are we wont.

The Jordan Poole idea is simply an opportunistic one because of their situation. One of Poole or Green are gone and if youíre a betting man you know which one.

This could actually be a trade that works for both teams.
    I actually wouldn't mind it either for you guys but Poole if he ended up in Toronto who knows maybe that change of scenery could work out but then I know the Raptors y'all would ask for draft picks from the Warriors too as well as one of their young guys most likely

I actually wouldn't mind it either for you guys but Poole if he ended up in Toronto who knows maybe that change of scenery could work out but then I know the Raptors y'all would ask for draft picks from the Warriors too as well as one of their young guys most likely
    No it would be a straight 1 for 1 Ö we have no leverage

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/st...65892529614848

jrue telling it like it is. The NBA has always been a hyper masculine toxic environment. So many people took what happened out of context and projected their own values and standards onto it. A lot of coaches are *******s. Even Pop. No matter how much fan fic redditors churn up.

I get why Nurse had to go but the people piling on and pumping out these Machiavellian level narratives are deranged.

bro even Fred Hoiberg got an interview...what?

Or perhaps the Raptors don't even make a decision on their head coach until the end of the NBA Finals at best.

ESPN Sources: The Milwaukee Bucks are planning to hire Toronto Raptors assistant Adrian Griffin as the franchiseís next head coach. Sides are progressing on terms of an agreement.

Sources: After Nick Nurse pulled out of the process, the Milwaukee Bucks are deciding between Toronto Raptors assistant Adrian Griffin and Golden State assistant Kenny Atkinson for the franchiseís next head coach. Griffin is gaining traction in the process.

another L for the Raps
    Last edited by ecart; 05-27-2023 at 02:05 PM.

Nurse to Phx?

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Nurse to Phx?
    I think soÖ

Monty to the 76ers

And hopefully Kenny to us

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I think soÖ

Monty to the 76ers

And hopefully Kenny to us
    apparently monty hasnt interviewed with anyone. seems like he is actually taking a break.

Kenny Atkinson as Raptors coach I can actually see it

raptor fans are such bitter people.

can be happy for griffin without making a whole conspiracy about nick lying about pulling out to save his ego. just so petty and not how the world works.
    Last edited by ecart; 05-27-2023 at 04:07 PM.