Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 197 of 198 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198 LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 2967
    Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    After the attitude era my interest waned. I still watch it here and there, but not the same
    Yeah Iíll still YouTube the final match of wrestlemania or something, but I have no idea what is going on lmao.

I remember the rock and cena had a good wrestlemania finale a while back. They both have such similar styles and huge charisma, it was entertaining watching them play off eachother.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Real as hulks 24 inch pythons brother
    yeah they had the scripts posted back then too but ppl still believed

Movies are fake too. its still entertaining. its like a male soap opera. I was way more in to it when I was a kid. but some times its fun to watch AEW vs WWE. Reminds me of the Monday night wars. Thats when I was a big mark out fan. NWO 4life baby lol

So it looks like Dragic may start over GTJ https://raptorsrapture.com/2021/09/3...gary-trent-jr/

Maybe were trying to build his trade value.

So it looks like Dragic may start over GTJ https://raptorsrapture.com/2021/09/3...gary-trent-jr/

Maybe were trying to build his trade value.
    It is my preference personally (although I don't have a that strong of an opinion on it - I certainly won't lose sleep if Trent is starting instead). I like having FVV off-ball or as a secondary ball handler. We already have Pascal out to start the year. Dragic is still a good NBA player and certainly fills an important need for the starting unit.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    It is my preference personally (although I don't have a that strong of an opinion on it - I certainly won't lose sleep if Trent is starting instead). I like having FVV off-ball or as a secondary ball handler. We already have Pascal out to start the year. Dragic is still a good NBA player and certainly fills an important need for the starting unit.
    I have no problem with it, I did want to see GTJ as a starter as I think he could have had a break out year, but I suspect that we are building Dragic's value for a contender come near the dead line which is smart. Id rather get something for him, then to have to buy him out and get nothing for him. Contenders will be willing to fork out more near the dead line when they want to make a serious run, and if Dragic has a solid year maybe we could even get something decent for him.

I have no problem with it, I did want to see GTJ as a starter as I think he could have had a break out year, but I suspect that we are building Dragic's value for a contender come near the dead line which is smart. Id rather get something for him, then to have to buy him out and get nothing for him. Contenders will be willing to fork out more near the dead line when they want to make a serious run, and if Dragic has a solid year maybe we could even get something decent for him.
    Dragic is too valuable still to be a buyout candidate. Unless his play falls off, he is still a good quality player. I also hate the buyout market. It has been getting ridiculous. I agree, we may as well showcase him a bit.

I'm a little worried about FVV and GTJ tandem in the backcourt. Both struggle finishing around the rim. FVV can pass a bit, but GTJ doesn't pass at all. They are both really good shooters and have plenty of value, but fit feels clunky on offense. Maybe when Pascal gets back it could look better

Trade idea 1: Blockbuster w/por,dal,tor

- raptors get ben simmons & dorrey finney-smith
    - mavs get goran dragic
    - sixers get dame lillard
    - blazers get fred van fleet, chris boucher, dwight powell, jalen brunson, '22 sixers 1st, '23 raptors 1st & sixers swap-best 1st, '24 sixers 1st, and '25 raptors 1st.

Seeing the trade that this person suggested...it is a pretty sweet deal for all 4 teams involved

Toronto essentially gets better and so do the Sixers

While the Mavs and Blazers would be on the come up

Dragic is too valuable still to be a buyout candidate. Unless his play falls off, he is still a good quality player. I also hate the buyout market. It has been getting ridiculous. I agree, we may as well showcase him a bit.

I'm a little worried about FVV and GTJ tandem in the backcourt. Both struggle finishing around the rim. FVV can pass a bit, but GTJ doesn't pass at all. They are both really good shooters and have plenty of value, but fit feels clunky on offense. Maybe when Pascal gets back it could look better
    yeah Dragic still has some game, which is why Dallas wants him. If he was done there would be no interest in him. MU is smart, he took that package knowing that he will likely flip Dragic. And honestly I don't mind watching him a bit with this young group. And I would hate to just buy him out and hand him over on a silver platter to Dallas.

yeah I worry about our back court in general. Were like two players deep and as you said neither guy is really one to get to the rim and both are shooters. This is why I liked Norm in that role because he gave you some options attacking the rim. I actually think our back court is our biggest area of concern. And if you include my bias towards Flynn, Im probably more concerned then you are. I think our back court is really thin.

i still think he is done. scola looked fresh til he hit a wall.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    If that turns out to be the case, then I'm fine with a buyout, but I definitely think he has plenty to offer still.

his contract is too big to buyout imo

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Hes for sure on the decline no doubt. But it seems he does still have some gas to come off the bench for a contenders. Atleast that's the hope. By deadline someone would see him as a piece that can help their post season run and then we can actually get something from him. Im not expecting much but something is better than nothing, and a whole lot better than a buy out. And I agree I think he makes to much to just buy him out. That would be poor money management.

yeah Dragic still has some game, which is why Dallas wants him. If he was done there would be no interest in him. MU is smart, he took that package knowing that he will likely flip Dragic. And honestly I don't mind watching him a bit with this young group. And I would hate to just buy him out and hand him over on a silver platter to Dallas.

yeah I worry about our back court in general. Were like two players deep and as you said neither guy is really one to get to the rim and both are shooters. This is why I liked Norm in that role because he gave you some options attacking the rim. I actually think our back court is our biggest area of concern. And if you include my bias towards Flynn, Im probably more concerned then you are. I think our back court is really thin.
    I'm not concerned about depth in the backcourt per se, just readiness of that depth. Last year they spent their first round pick on a PG prospect (who was among the best PG's in college and pretty ready to contribute right away). This year, all 3 of their picks were players that played PG for their college teams last year. It is unconventional PG play and they certainly aren't all ready, but for a development year, there is no shortage of bodies to play the role. FVV has always been the heir apparent, even in Lowry's eyes (he has said as much publicly), and they acquired a veteran PG (Dragic) who is still an NBA rotation player.

I specifically just were about the balance of FVV and GTJ on the floor together. Both struggle to finish at the rim and create for teammates. I prefer the lineup be constructed in a way that separates their time on the floor a bit.

I'm not concerned about depth in the backcourt per se, just readiness of that depth. Last year they spent their first round pick on a PG prospect (who was among the best PG's in college and pretty ready to contribute right away). This year, all 3 of their picks were players that played PG for their college teams last year. It is unconventional PG play and they certainly aren't all ready, but for a development year, there is no shortage of bodies to play the role. FVV has always been the heir apparent, even in Lowry's eyes (he has said as much publicly), and they acquired a veteran PG (Dragic) who is still an NBA rotation player.

I specifically just were about the balance of FVV and GTJ on the floor together. Both struggle to finish at the rim and create for teammates. I prefer the lineup be constructed in a way that separates their time on the floor a bit.
    I still think this is a roster in process. I think we just reset and we will improve along the way. Weather it be via trade, free agency, continuous draft acquisitions etc by no means do I think that, that is the back court weíre gonna make a title run with. I like both Freddy and GTJ, but I do think we will need better talent behind them or for the players we have to develop and earn those spots. But right now itís a thin back court. But again itís a work in progress. Lots of youth and opportunity.

But I do agree with you in terms of style of play, FVV/GTJ are jump shooters, it would be nice to have some one that can get to the rim and draw fouls etc.