Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 218 of 281 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219220228268 ... LastLast
Results 3,256 to 3,270 of 4204
    Straight up 1 for 1

Toronto Raptors receive: PG/SG Eric Gordon
    Houston Rockets receive: PG Goran Dragic

Eric Gordon basically can come on with your 2nd unit but also he's a veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Straight up 1 for 1

Obviously we would do that, obviously Houston would not.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    I think Denver got a better deal than their original one.
    Yeah better for Denver this season for sure.

I feel bad for Bol. He will get the taco treatment in Boston. Itís not a good place for development imo. I donít think he will get an opportunity there. WhT does his contract look like? Canít wait for Masai to sign him for nothing and turn him into the next boucher.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Straight up 1 for 1

Pass.

I rather take my risk with another player in FA than Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Pass.

20 million a year is a lot and there is a couple years on that deal beyond this one. The 45% 3pt shooting is really nice, but he averaged about 32% each of the past two years. I'm not buying that term either.

I think someone will pay a young player for him if there is also a bad contract going back too.

This season:
    FVV>> Lowry

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Obviously we would do that, obviously Houston would not.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Pass.

Heís shouting the ball incredibly well. Check the numbers. He would be a welcomed addition to our bench.

All we have to give up is an expiring contract? Where do I sign. Thatís s no brainer

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Heís shouting the ball incredibly well. Check the numbers. He would be a welcomed addition to our bench.

All we have to give up is an expiring contract? Where do I sign. Thatís s no brainer
    Exactly. And not like dragic expiring gives us 25m in cap space to spend. I think regardless of adding Gordon or not, we would still only have the MLE to work with.
    Is that correct @ecart?

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Exactly. And not like dragic expiring gives us 25m in cap space to spend. I think regardless of adding Gordon or not, we would still only have the MLE to work with.
    Is that correct @ecart?
    You guys def know better about the cap than I do. I kinda rely on yíall.

But strictly from a talent stand point Iím very familiar with Gordon because heís a rocket. Iíve watched him for years.

Heís not just a shooter, he was a secondary ball handler to Harden
    He makes big shots, dude doesnít shy away from the moment
    Heís currently on a tanking team and is playing well. A motivated Gordon can def be a 6th man for us
    Heís a professional. Never disrupts, and a good team mate.

What is Houston getting here an expiring Dragic that may not report? Yeah theyíre gonna turn that down.

A team like the lakers would love to get their hands on Gordon.

Also Dragic is $19 mill sitting at home. Iíd easily swap that for Gordonís $19 mill while he actually plays for us and gives us things we need. A steady presence off the bench, a secondary ball handler, a 6th man, a vet presence etc.

Also is only under contract 2 more years. Not like he hamstrings us long term.

All our core players are locked up, his contract doesnít prevent us from retaining our main guys. I donít see how it hurts us. All he can do is help.

And you can always trade him next year or the year after if heís not a good fit, where as Dragic expires this year and we can get nothing for him. Gordon becomes a controllable asset that you can evaluate and later trade if you need too.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 01-19-2022 at 04:08 PM.

You guys def know better about the cap than I do. I kinda rely on yíall.

But strictly from a talent stand point Iím very familiar with Gordon because heís a rocket. Iíve watched him for years.

Heís not just a shooter, he was a secondary ball handler to Harden
    He makes big shots, dude doesnít shy away from the moment
    Heís currently on a tanking team and is playing well. A motivated Gordon can def be a 6th man for us
    Heís a professional. Never disrupts, and a good team mate.

What is Houston getting here an expiring Dragic that may not report? Yeah theyíre gonna turn that down.

A team like the lakers would love to get their hands on Gordon.

Also Dragic is $19 mill sitting at home. Iíd easily swap that for Gordonís $19 mill while he actually plays for us and gives us things we need. A steady presence off the bench, a secondary ball handler, a 6th man, a vet presence etc.

Also is only under contract 2 more years. Not like he hamstrings us long term.

All our core players are locked up, his contract doesnít prevent us from retaining our main guys. I donít see how it hurts us. All he can do is help.

And you can always trade him next year or the year after if heís not a good fit, where as Dragic expires this year and we can get nothing for him. Gordon becomes a controllable asset that you can evaluate and later trade if you need too.
    What do you think of luxury tax implications? We are currently just over the tax (they'll make a move to get under for sure before the deadline I'd imagine). The relief in terms of how much space we have under the luxury threshold will come with Dragic and Boucher's expiring deals.

If we trade Dragic's deal for an equal sized deal with longer term, we don't get that relief.
    How will we replace Boucher? Will he come back, maybe even with a raise? Will we fill internally?
    Players like Siakam/FVV/Barnes/OG/Trent/Achiuwa, etc. all get increases on their contracts year over year. You have to add about 7+ million in base increases of our existing core heading into next season.

Cap will go up a bit, but the numbers look very tight, very quickly.

Consider the tax penalties for repeated offenders and the financials can escalate quickly. There are also some restrictions to the size of MLE contracts you can offer if you are operating over the tax, etc.

I think going into the tax is fine strategically, but it depends how often you do and what the benefit will be to the team. Eric Gordon doesn't justify the expense for me.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    What do you think of luxury tax implications? We are currently just over the tax (they'll make a move to get under for sure before the deadline I'd imagine). The relief in terms of how much space we have under the luxury threshold will come with Dragic and Boucher's expiring deals.

If we trade Dragic's deal for an equal sized deal with longer term, we don't get that relief.
    How will we replace Boucher? Will he come back, maybe even with a raise? Will we fill internally?
    Players like Siakam/FVV/Barnes/OG/Trent/Achiuwa, etc. all get increases on their contracts year over year. You have to add about 7+ million in base increases of our existing core heading into next season.

Cap will go up a bit, but the numbers look very tight, very quickly.

Consider the tax penalties for repeated offenders and the financials can escalate quickly. There are also some restrictions to the size of MLE contracts you can offer if you are operating over the tax, etc.

I think going into the tax is fine strategically, but it depends how often you do and what the benefit will be to the team. Eric Gordon doesn't justify the expense for me.
    To my understanding we have Boucherís bird rights. Thatís what I heard on the radio yesterday. Which is surprising because heís like 29

I mean thatís for the owners to decide. If their objective is to shed salary then ok just let Dragic expire. What can I actually say about that.

But again to my understanding one of Masai things that he negotiated was that the owners were committed to spending money to be a winning and competing team.

I can try to find that article if you didnít read or hear about it. But even then take with a grain of salt. We donít know what the owners actually agreed to.

Yeah we have Bouchers bird rights https://theathletic.com/2743853/2021...-and-more/?amp

To my understanding we have Boucherís bird rights. Thatís what I heard on the radio yesterday. Which is surprising because heís like 29

I mean thatís for the owners to decide. If their objective is to shed salary then ok just let Dragic expire. What can I actually say about that.

But again to my understanding one of Masai things that he negotiated was that the owners were committed to spending money to be a winning and competing team.

I can try to find that article if you didnít read or hear about it. But even then take with a grain of salt. We donít know what the owners actually agreed to.
    We do have his bird rights. Bird rights have no correlation to age. We can resign him and exceed the tax sure, but what is the cost down the road is what I'm saying. Luxury tax isn't only more money the owners have to pay. There are soft cap implications to what types of moves you are allowed to make when over the tax, just like there is when you are over the cap. There is also the luxury tax apron which can restrict what moves a team is allowed to make even further.

Just for an example, consider this:

The Collective Bargaining Agreement provides for three different mid-level exceptions depending on a team's salary level. The non-taxpayer mid-level for the 2021-22 season is $9.536 million, the taxpayer mid-level is $5.890 million