Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    GTFO and never return [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    He looked pretty darn good torching us last night. Why is that such a crazy idea?

Trade idea.

The Pelicans are front court heavy with Zion, Ingram, Favours, Okafor + their top 10 pick in the draft Jackson Hayes.

They'll likely want help on the perimeter if they trade Jrue and or Redick. Ideally they would want players who are younger, and of course picks.

The Raptors offer:

Norm Powell (26) $10.1 mill
    Terrance Davis (22) $900k
    McCaw (24) $4 mill
    Stan Johnson (23) $3.6 mill
    + 2 first round picks.

Norm Powell and Terrance Davis are the main players in the deal. Norm is having a career best year, and on a very friendly contract. Terrance Davis is a top 10 rookie this season. Both players would be a perfect compliment to Zion, Ingram, Ball, Hart, Reddick, Favours, Hayes; and would fit in to their rotation seamlessly. (Redick and Favours could be traded for more assets as well)

Mccaw & Stan Johnson are two prospects that are still young and could provide a coach a chance to develop in to useful piecea. McCaw is showing that he can bring value to a rotation, and Stan Johnson is more of a throw in but was the 8th over all pick in the 2015 draft and has untapped potential that a young team like the Pelicans could find appealing (for a throw in player)

The two draft picks are self explanatory. Its what every young rebuilding team wants.

The Raptors receive Jrue Holiday (29) $26 mill

The Raptors take back 8 million in salary in this deal but I believe they get much closer to their championship aspirations. Ibaka and Gasol's hefty contracts come off the books next year so taking some salary back wouldn't be an issue for the 2021 free agency.

Lowry/FVV
    Holiday/FVV/Thomas
    OG/RHJ/Brisset/Miller
    Siakam/Boucher
    Gasol/Ibaka

I put FVV as the 6th man. Essentially you would want him on the floor with either Lowry, or Holiday at all times. I would keep his mins at around 35-36 mins, so there wouldn't be drop in his role. But I would want Lowry's minutes down from 38 mpg which I think is way to much. He is getting older and we want to ensure he rolls in to the playoffs at full health which as always been an issue for Lowry when playing this many minutes.

The Pelicans

Ball/T.Davis
    Powell/Reddick/Walker
    Ingram/Hart/Moore
    Zion/Okafor/Melli
    Favours/Hayes

I think its inevitable that the Pelicans trade Redick, opening up minutes for Alexander Walker, but this would be a good start for them. Favours is expiring anyways and Jaxson Hayes has some developing to do before hes ready to take over at the 5 so I don't think They'll be pressed to trade Derick. But as far as Holiday and Redick are concerned I think the writing is in the wall.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 01-16-2020 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    He looked pretty darn good torching us last night. Why is that such a crazy idea?
    Demar has been solid over the last 12-14 games, ironically or coincidentally that lines up with Aldridge throwing up 3x as many 3s over the same span games, and with high efficiency https://www.prosportsdaily.com/artic...se-609510.html

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Trade idea.

The Pelicans are front court heavy with Zion, Ingram, Favours, Okafor + their top 10 pick in the draft Jackson Hayes.

They'll likely want help on the perimeter if they trade Jrue and or Redick. Ideally they would want players who are younger, and of course picks.

The Raptors offer:

McCaw (24) $4 mill
    + 2 first round picks.

Norm Powell and Terrance Davis are the main players in the deal. Norm is having a career best year, and on a very friendly contract. Terrance Davis is a top 10 rookie this season. Both players would be a perfect compliment to Zion, Ingram, Ball, Hart, Reddick, Favours, Hayes; and would fit in to their rotation seamlessly. (Redick and Favours could be traded for more assets as well)

Mccaw & Stan Johnson are two prospects that are still young and could provide a coach a chance to develop in to useful piecea. McCaw is showing that he can bring value to a rotation, and Stan Johnson is more of a throw in but was the 8th over all pick in the 2015 draft and has untapped potential that a young team like the Pelicans could find appealing (for a throw in player)

The two draft picks are self explanatory. Its what every young rebuilding team wants.

The Raptors take back 8 million in salary in this deal but I believe they get much closer to their championship aspirations. Ibaka and Gasol's hefty contracts come off the books next year so taking some salary back wouldn't be an issue for the 2021 free agency.

Lowry/FVV
    Holiday/FVV/Thomas
    OG/RHJ/Brisset/Miller
    Siakam/Boucher
    Gasol/Ibaka

I put FVV as the 6th man. Essentially you would want him on the floor with either Lowry, or Holiday at all times. I would keep his mins at around 35-36 mins, so there wouldn't be drop in his role. But I would want Lowry's minutes down from 38 mpg which I think is way to much. He is getting older and we want to ensure he rolls in to the playoffs at full health which as always been an issue for Lowry when playing this many minutes.

The Pelicans

Ball/T.Davis
    Powell/Reddick/Walker
    Ingram/Hart/Moore
    Zion/Okafor/Melli
    Favours/Hayes

I think its inevitable that the Pelicans trade Redick, opening up minutes for Alexander Walker, but this would be a good start for them. Favours is expiring anyways and Jaxson Hayes has some developing to do before hes ready to take over at the 5 so I don't think They'll be pressed to trade Derick. But as far as Holiday and Redick are concerned I think the writing is in the wall.
    The Raptors can't take on 8M in salary right now. Period, end of story. So even if we all wanted to make that deal it isn't possible. Personally though I don't think I would trade Davis for Holiday with Lowry signed for another season after this one, let alone Davis, Powell and 2 future 1st round picks. I think we have another unpolished diamond in the rough with Davis. The kids just got "it". From the moment he stepped on the floor he has played without fear. His defense (which has been elite according to the NBA's Def RTG stat), first step, explosive hops, 6'9 wingspan, ability to knock down the 3 and ideal attitude has to make his coaches drool with what he may become.

5. 01-17-2020, 01:31 PM

The Raptors can't take on 8M in salary right now. Period, end of story. So even if we all wanted to make that deal it isn't possible. Personally though I don't think I would trade Davis for Holiday with Lowry signed for another season after this one, let alone Davis, Powell and 2 future 1st round picks. I think we have another unpolished diamond in the rough with Davis. The kids just got "it". From the moment he stepped on the floor he has played without fear. His defense (which has been elite according to the NBA's Def RTG stat), first step, explosive hops, 6'9 wingspan, ability to knock down the 3 and ideal attitude has to make his coaches drool with what he may become.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rap...ors-salary-cap

Team salary currently sits at $126.7 mill. Tax line is $132.6. Hard cap is set at $138.9

They could absorb up to 6 million with out going over the luxury tax. They could absorb roughly 12 million but would be in tax territory and at the hard cap limit.

I'm not suggesting they would want to do that, but they have the option.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rap...ors-salary-cap

Team salary currently sits at $126.7 mill. Tax line is $132.6. Hard cap is set at $138.9

They could absorb up to 6 million with out going over the luxury tax. They could absorb roughly 12 million but would be in tax territory and at the hard cap limit.

I'm not suggesting they would want to do that, but they have the option.
    Yes, but they are already over the first cap, so any trade needs to be essentially for even money for it to be approved. Even the 2nd exception from that link is outgoing salary plus 5M if they trade away 18.6M. So that trade comes close, but the picks have no "player salary" value in a trade so it's not quite enough for Holiday..They'd need to trade around 20.8M to New Orleans to use the last exception.

If you are going to give away that many assets, we need to be getting back someone better than Holiday. I think I like Davis and this years version of Powell more than Holiday. They are both bigger, better defenders and better athletes who can put the ball in the basket. With those 2 and FVV we could have 3 starting caliber 2 way guards coming off the bench behind one of the best defensive starting units in the NBA with this smothering jumbo package.

Him being traded was a blessing. Too many holes in his game to be a difference maker but too established to expect him to be a rotation player.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Trade idea.

The Raptors offer:

McCaw (24) $4 mill
    + 2 first round picks.

Lowry/FVV
    Holiday/FVV/Thomas
    OG/RHJ/Brisset/Miller
    Siakam/Boucher
    Gasol/Ibaka

The Pelicans

Ball/T.Davis
    Powell/Reddick/Walker
    Ingram/Hart/Moore
    Zion/Okafor/Melli
    Favours/Hayes

Am I missing something or are you offering up 2 very solid players and 2 draft picks just for jrue. Hard pass with prejudice from me.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

10. 01-18-2020, 06:26 PM

Actually I would offer FVV, a pick and Mccaw& Stan Johnson.

The issue is there needs to be more money going back to the Pelicans.

I think FVV will sign with another team in the offseason anyways.

I think FVV will be re-signed if Masai wants to sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I think FVV will be re-signed if Masai wants to sign him.
    He'll stay if he gets to start and is paid market value for sure. The concern is whether Masai is willing to offer it with Giannis in his sights.

Regarding trades, this team should do nothing IMO. The banged up version of this team is a game back from second in the conference. I genuinely believe that this team has a chance to contend. Slightly below Lakers, Clippers and Bucks but still possible. It would be unwise to undervalue our own assets right now IMO. FVV, Powell, Gasol, Ibaka, etc are all really important players. We have a 6-7 players that would be Top 4 players on a lot of teams and they all know how to share the load. It is pretty incredible to see

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    He'll stay if he gets to start and is paid market value for sure. The concern is whether Masai is willing to offer it with Giannis in his sights.

Regarding trades, this team should do nothing IMO. The banged up version of this team is a game back from second in the conference. I genuinely believe that this team has a chance to contend. Slightly below Lakers, Clippers and Bucks but still possible. It would be unwise to undervalue our own assets right now IMO. FVV, Powell, Gasol, Ibaka, etc are all really important players. We have a 6-7 players that would be Top 4 players on a lot of teams and they all know how to share the load. It is pretty incredible to see
    I donít think FVVís deal breaker will be a starting position. I think it will be a money thing, and I think Masai can get him signed around 20m. I also think Masai would be wise to sign him because he will have trade value should he land giannis.

I agree though, it would be a mistake for any team to not take the raptors seriously. Itís hard to see a team beating us in a 7 game series.
    Our defensive schemes will change and adapt over a series putting serious distress on any team we play. If our 3ís are dropping our offence is unstoppable. Weíre basically betting that our 3ís will drop in 4/7 games each series.

The only thing is when games come down to that 1 shot, who do we go to? I donít see anyone on this roster ready to be that guy. Hoping to see some more of that from siakam before the loffs. Lowry cannot do it and we all know that.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I donít think FVVís deal breaker will be a starting position. I think it will be a money thing, and I think Masai can get him signed around 20m. I also think Masai would be wise to sign him because he will have trade value should he land giannis.

I agree though, it would be a mistake for any team to not take the raptors seriously. Itís hard to see a team beating us in a 7 game series.
    Our defensive schemes will change and adapt over a series putting serious distress on any team we play. If our 3ís are dropping our offence is unstoppable. Weíre basically betting that our 3ís will drop in 4/7 games each series.

The only thing is when games come down to that 1 shot, who do we go to? I donít see anyone on this roster ready to be that guy. Hoping to see some more of that from siakam before the loffs. Lowry cannot do it and we all know that.
    I agree with virtually everything you are saying. I only mention the "starting thing" because FVV has said himself he views himself as a starter in this league.

FVV will get Scary Terry money and then some.

I would give FVV like $30 mil, 1 year to see if he bites.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    FVV will get Scary Terry money and then some.

I would give FVV like $30 mil, 1 year to see if he bites.
    Thatís a very interesting idea.

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast