Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast
    I hate the idea of FVV getting a huge contract when the Knicks inevitably gives him a stupid offer. I'm hoping that Masai can squeeze out a discount (and down the line for Lowry as well). But can't lose him for nothing.

OG is eligible for extension after this season. Do we extend right away? What is the number? Thoughts?

Depends on the covid numbers since contracts are a % of the cap. I think they were saying that the cap might be decreased but they have to work it out with the players' association. But yeah he is going to get extended right away. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets 25%.
    Last edited by ecart; 09-11-2020 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    OG is eligible for extension after this season. Do we extend right away? What is the number? Thoughts?
    I would. Even if this is his final form, he is already one of the best 3&D guys in the league.
    I donít see a lot of ceiling left in him, but if we lose him we will be searching for another one of him for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    I hate the idea of FVV getting a huge contract when the Knicks inevitably gives him a stupid offer. I'm hoping that Masai can squeeze out a discount (and down the line for Lowry as well). But can't lose him for nothing.
    +1 I think it would be extremely short sighted to do that. We already got trigger happy with Siakam.

FVV is a likeable player. We all want him back. But he is not a max player. and neither is Siakam. lets not make the same mistake twice.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    +1 I think it would be extremely short sighted to do that. We already got trigger happy with Siakam.

FVV is a likeable player. We all want him back. But he is not a max player. and neither is Siakam. lets not make the same mistake twice.
    1000%

Iím at a lost for words..two scenarios for me.

Scenario 1.

Sign and trade as some suggested. Fred for oladipo

Lowry
    Oladipo
    OG
    Siakem
    ? Mle or whatever else ( upgrade on gasol) or keep gasol on a cheap contract let go of ibaka

Bench

Powell
    Davis
    Thomas
    Boucher ( 2-3 million) ?
    ? Another mobile centre willing to come on the cheap

We stay competitive than at the end of 20/21

Everyone goes except for

OG
    Siakam
    Davis
    Powell (11 million player option maybe he excepts)
    Thomas
    Boucher

Max giannis and get a point guard.. not sure if your able to keep oladipo and land giannis

Davis
    Oladipo
    OG
    Siakem
    Giannis

Bench

Powell
    Thomas
    Boucher
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenfidish View Post
    1000%

Iím at a lost for words..two scenarios for me.

Scenario 1.

Sign and trade as some suggested. Fred for oladipo

Lowry
    Oladipo
    OG
    Siakem
    ? Mle or whatever else ( upgrade on gasol) or keep gasol on a cheap contract let go of ibaka

Bench

Powell
    Davis
    Thomas
    Boucher ( 2-3 million) ?
    ? Another mobile centre willing to come on the cheap

We stay competitive than at the end of 20/21

Everyone goes except for

OG
    Siakam
    Davis
    Powell (11 million player option maybe he excepts)
    Thomas
    Boucher

Max giannis and get a point guard.. not sure if your able to keep oladipo and land giannis

Davis
    Oladipo
    OG
    Siakem
    Giannis

Bench

Powell
    Thomas
    Boucher
    ?
    Love the starting unit. The bench would need some pieces, which we can develop

Lowry talking about FVV:

"You guys know I have a real soft spot for Freddy, and I know heís going to be the future franchise point guard and Iím just so proud of him, man. And I know itís just like, Iím happy for him because he went through this whole season knowing heís going to be a free agent, he played his *** off, and now heís going to be rewarded. And that, to me, it means the world, that he can take care of his family at a high level because heís doing his job at a high level and he wants it. And heís going to continue to work hard and be a better basketball player and be a better father. "

Dipo's injury history worries me. But I agree on Fred. I see FVV as our version of the Isiaah Thomas-Celtics problem a few years back.

I loved Lowry's post game interview. He's a great leader. I hope he retires here.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    ďItís about winning,Ē Stoudemire said. ďYou win, youíre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won ó Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you donít win, nobody really wants to see you.Ē

Itís hard to picture Ibaka not coming back. Hes a guy who will also have value if you need to move him to make room for a big addition.

And tbh, Iíd feel pretty confident with Ibaka and Boucher as our Cís. Thatís better Cís than most teams have. Both really stretch the floor.

I also feel good about having OG and Siakam to match up with Tatum and brown moving forward.
    If we donít hold on to FVV then we Powell will be starting.

Lowry, Powell, OG, Siakam, Ibaka is still a top 4 team in the east imo.
    A bench of Davis, Thomas, Boucher will score some points but wonít bring much defensively.

I think drafting and developing another big is important for this teams next faze.

Then again - if we do bring back Ibaka and FVV gets Gasolís money then we are pretty much rolling the same team out next season with another year of development for our bench and young starters.

I do not feel like Gasol brought more to our team than Boucher could. Boucher would bring it in a different way, but the net result impact would be similar imo.

From Lowry's presser it kinda feels like a lot of guys aren't coming back. Just the vibe I'm getting.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Itís hard to picture Ibaka not coming back. Hes a guy who will also have value if you need to move him to make room for a big addition.

And tbh, Iíd feel pretty confident with Ibaka and Boucher as our Cís. Thatís better Cís than most teams have. Both really stretch the floor.

I also feel good about having OG and Siakam to match up with Tatum and brown moving forward.
    If we donít hold on to FVV then we Powell will be starting.

Lowry, Powell, OG, Siakam, Ibaka is still a top 4 team in the east imo.
    A bench of Davis, Thomas, Boucher will score some points but wonít bring much defensively.

I think drafting and developing another big is important for this teams next faze.

Then again - if we do bring back Ibaka and FVV gets Gasolís money then we are pretty much rolling the same team out next season with another year of development for our bench and young starters.

I do not feel like Gasol brought more to our team than Boucher could. Boucher would bring it in a different way, but the net result impact would be similar imo.
    The only way I see Gasol coming back is on a vet min. Which I dont see happening. Hes gone. Thats the only thing Im sure of. This offseason will be wild.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post

Siakam just needs some time. I think we just lost sight of who he is since he improved so quickly. I don't think any of us expected him to be this good this season. I think after his hot start, we placed a lot of unrealistic expectations on him.

This is a transition year. Depending on who comes back, it could get pretty rough next season. ngl, I'm tired of this small guard line up with Lowry and FVV. I want a SG/SF tweener at the 2. Here's hoping TD can step up next season. It was so nice when we had the luxury of Green, OG, Kawhi at the wings.
    Last edited by ecart; 09-12-2020 at 05:03 PM.

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast