Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    What do you guys think about next off-season? VanVleet, Gasol, Ibaka, Boucher, and others... becoming free agents? Who should we discard, resign? I think personally, that we should sign VanVleet short-term (1-3yrs), big money, whatever he wants for us to stay competitive or use him as an asset in a trade down in the future. Gasol, try to resign him for less than 12m annually maybe a 1+1 team option if he accepts? Ibaka on a 2+1 team averaging around 15m? Boucher offer him the qualifying and retain his rights and match any offer given by another team as an RFA. What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Adaptable View Post
    What happened, fellas'? I'm tired of observing for 5+ years, this forum is dying, sadly. Let's talk ball, we're the defending champs for once after all... I think we're a lock for the ECF again, and could maybe use our experience to overcome the opposition leading us to another trip to the Finals .... Let's go guys... Plenty to discuss
    Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Adaptable View Post
    What do you guys think about next off-season? VanVleet, Gasol, Ibaka, Boucher, and others... becoming free agents? Who should we discard, resign? I think personally, that we should sign VanVleet short-term (1-3yrs), big money, whatever he wants for us to stay competitive or use him as an asset in a trade down in the future. Gasol, try to resign him for less than 12m annually maybe a 1+1 team option if he accepts? Ibaka on a 2+1 team averaging around 15m? Boucher offer him the qualifying and retain his rights and match any offer given by another team as an RFA. What do you guys think?
    I'm in favour of resigning all those guys. I'm not sure what the numbers will look like. The NBA revenues getting hit hard will limit the money out there in UFA. I think Ibaka is a 4 year sign. Gasol I would like back, but I agree on shorter term. If another team gives Boucher a big offer, I'd be alright if we let him walk, but I don't see that happening. He is a decent bench piece, so I'm alright keeping him at a reasonable price.

FVV is still the biggest threat to get attention from other teams. With Lowry in his mid 30's and able to play alongside FVV in the backcourt, it makes good sense to bring FVV back, even if it is costly. Of course signing all these players means we won't have money for Giannis if he hits FA. But I'm alright with that. If he hits FA and wants to sign here, we would have the assets to arrange some type of sign and trade. I personally think he'll stay in Milwaukee anyways.

I think you try to get Gasol at the vet minimum, which would add another 20+ mil to our budget. Ibaka will cost at least 20mil; and VanVleet 15+mil. I think we can retain both. I donít think Boucher will leave this team, our staff have done wonders for his career and will continue to. If he leaves he will most likely become a journey man who flounders. If he stays he will have 6th man potential - especially if Gasol is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I think you try to get Gasol at the vet minimum, which would add another 20+ mil to our budget. Ibaka will cost at least 20mil; and VanVleet 15+mil. I think we can retain both. I donít think Boucher will leave this team, our staff have done wonders for his career and will continue to. If he leaves he will most likely become a journey man who flounders. If he stays he will have 6th man potential - especially if Gasol is gone.
    They've done wonders with a lot of guys. It is weird to see a guy like Hollis-Jefferson given up on and sign for so little, only to become a very solid role player off the bench for us. The culture that the veterans, coaches, staff and management have created is unbelievable for getting the most out of players. I agree, a guy like Boucher could go elsewhere and find his career withering away.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    They've done wonders with a lot of guys. It is weird to see a guy like Hollis-Jefferson given up on and sign for so little, only to become a very solid role player off the bench for us. The culture that the veterans, coaches, staff and management have created is unbelievable for getting the most out of players. I agree, a guy like Boucher could go elsewhere and find his career withering away.
    With all respect to RHJ, if he was used in any other role then he would be horrible. Iíd add that if Nurse didnít purely preach energy and defensive effort from the bench mob, he would be trying to do too much and would probably Stanley Johnson himself.

rHJís success is very much a testament to nurses coaching prowess imo.

With all respect to RHJ, if he was used in any other role then he would be horrible. Iíd add that if Nurse didnít purely preach energy and defensive effort from the bench mob, he would be trying to do too much and would probably Stanley Johnson himself.

rHJís success is very much a testament to nurses coaching prowess imo.
    That's kind of what I'm saying. Due to coaching, culture and management, players find themselves in a better place to produce and develop here.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    That's kind of what I'm saying. Due to coaching, culture and management, players find themselves in a better place to produce and develop here.
    Nurse also loves rewarding those who work hence why Boucher and RHJ get their PT. Boucher still makes tons of mistakes on defence but Nurse is willing to let him learn. I agree with what you guys are saying about both Boucher and RHJ though. Nurse provides incentive (playing time on a championship calibre team) in exchange for hard work. If the team wasn't as good as it is, who knows if they respond as well as they do?
    Facts can be hypothetical.

I don't think "winning" matters that much. Players that need external validation don't really improve at the NBA level anyway. The Rockets changed how they interviewed players because they realized players with a growth mindset, were more likely to actualize their potential. The Raptors have a very similar approach.

Since the current season and the off-season are likely to have the time between them condensed, I was wondering if anyone here has taken any time to look at draft prospects and what you think? Should the philosophy be going towards a particular position. getting the most talented prospect available or looking for someone who's game-ready? Anyone in particular jump out at you as a steal in the late first? I personally have started warming up to Grant Riller. Looking at our lineups, even if we held pat with who we have, we have a lack of ball handlers, and distributors in the second unit. TD is not a PG and Fred and Lowry can't be out there all the time. Riller has an astounding pull up three and the ball leaves his hands on shots quick. His stop and go moves are crisp and look NBA ready to me, and his ball distribution shows a lot of potential.

Ultimately, I trust Ujiri and Webster more than myself, and whoever they choose, I assume is the right pick. But its fun to muse.

I haven't looked into the draft but will keep an eye on that name.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    ďItís about winning,Ē Stoudemire said. ďYou win, youíre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won ó Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you donít win, nobody really wants to see you.Ē

Apparently some draft picks will be for sale and I would love to see us purchase a few.

Apparently some draft picks will be for sale and I would love to see us purchase a few.
    Obviously it all depends on the price, but based n our immediate needs, I would love to have another first and grab Riller and maybe Jalen Smith or Daniel Oturu for a future piece at Center. Personally I think the best player in the draft will be Onyeka Okongwu, but it'd cost too much to move into any position to grab him and by no means is his success near-guaranteed like top picks in past drafts.

The most a draft pick can be sold for is 5mil. Itís Rogers money, so let them spend.

The most a draft pick can be sold for is 5mil. Itís Rogers money, so let them spend.
    Our only limitation is how much you're allowed to send out in a deal. I feel like it was in the $2.5 range when B-Co was here. No idea if there still is a limitation, or what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Our only limitation is how much you're allowed to send out in a deal. I feel like it was in the $2.5 range when B-Co was here. No idea if there still is a limitation, or what it is.
    You quoted where I said what it is.
    The most cash a team can get for a 1st rounder is 5 mil. Thatís nothing for Rogers, but could be a lot for some other owners (Phoenix, timberwolves maybe?)

Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast