Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    What I don't get is why Detroit didn't ask for TT in return Atleast. They virtually got nothing lol. Is Brand a bad gm?
    Brand is Philly's GM. Detroit's GM is Ed Stefanski and yes Ed is a crap GM.

I mean he is leading the league in rebounding which is the enticing part of his game. But center's in general have like no value anymore. Unless it's Embiid or soemthing
    Even then, Embiid has been pretty disappointing this year anytime I've watched Philly play.

What I don't get is why Detroit didn't ask for TT in return Atleast. They virtually got nothing lol. Is Brand a bad gm?
    Tanking. I dont think they want wins right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Brand is Philly's GM. Detroit's GM is Ed Stefanski and yes Ed is a crap GM.
    Yeah brain fart.

I think he'll take 80% of the money and stay. The 20% isn't worth stressing over if you gotta spend it on the Knicks.
    That's my hope to

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Even then, Embiid has been pretty disappointing this year anytime I've watched Philly play.

Tanking. I dont think they want wins right now.
    Iím not ready to say embiid is garbage, but he obviously isnít putting in the work to capitalize on his natural gifts.
    Siakam should have been picked before him 100% by giannis.

I think gasolís on/off splits prove there is still a spot in this league for a good centre. Just none of them know how to play centre properly anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Iím not ready to say embiid is garbage, but he obviously isnít putting in the work to capitalize on his natural gifts.
    Siakam should have been picked before him 100% by giannis.

I think gasolís on/off splits prove there is still a spot in this league for a good centre. Just none of them know how to play centre properly anymore.
    Very good point.

And to clarify, I don't think Embiid is garbage. He has just been quite disappointing this year. His game hasn't evolved at all over the past few seasons.

Very good point.

And to clarify, I don't think Embiid is garbage. He has just been quite disappointing this year. His game hasn't evolved at all over the past few seasons.
    Same with Simmons.

Makes you appreciate the development program Masai has in place even more.

Same with Simmons.

Makes you appreciate the development program Masai has in place even more.
    Speaking of our stellar development, (and this is not about contribution this year), would it be crazy to pick up Bender and see if our player development can harness what were supposed to be exceptional skills? With probably one of Serge and/or Gasol leaving next year, I wouldn't hate preparing for a replacement... and if he just stinks, then you don't bother re-signing. It should be a cheap gamble.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Raptor View Post
    Speaking of our stellar development, (and this is not about contribution this year), would it be crazy to pick up Bender and see if our player development can harness what were supposed to be exceptional skills? With probably one of Serge and/or Gasol leaving next year, I wouldn't hate preparing for a replacement... and if he just stinks, then you don't bother re-signing. It should be a cheap gamble.
    Who do we cut though?
    I definitely like it in theory.

Who do we cut though?
    I definitely like it in theory.
    Malcolm Miller? Did Shamorie Ponds get waived earlier in January? Not sure if we have another two way contract we can use.

Malcolm Miller? Did Shamorie Ponds get waived earlier in January? Not sure if we have another two way contract we can use.
    Not sure a 2 way would do it. And if we are grooming him then Iíd like more than a 1 year deal.

I would need to know more about Malcolm millerís role in the locker room but I would be down to let him go. We would be very thin at the wing, but worth it if he pans out.

Toronto if they were smart they would look into who is there in the buyout market and get whoever

Hard to blame Embiid when the Sixers are such a poorly built team.

Hard to blame Embiid when the Sixers are such a poorly built team.
    I keep hearing that narrative but I donít really agree. They have a lot of shooters.
    Everyone hits the 3 except simmonds. If itís even possible to build a championship team with 1 player on the court who cannot shoot 3ís anymore... then they should be able to do it. They have the pieces defensively, veteran leadership, money to spend...

Iím personally starting to shift the blame (and I hate to do it to the guy) to Brett Brown. Itís almost like when they started trying to win, they stopped developing all together.

Imagine the raptors traded for embiid. Rumors he might be shopped eventually.
    Bring on giannis and oladipo to go with chewibaka and siakam then **** the league.

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast