Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    One of Love or TT has to be on the move with the Drummond trade.
    No trade for either. I also assumed one of them was out the door. Getting Drummond without getting rid of Tristan makes no sense. That being said, all these bottom-feeding teams trading for more talent is also a bit odd on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Raptor View Post
    No trade for either. I also assumed one of them was out the door. Getting Drummond without getting rid of Tristan makes no sense. That being said, all these bottom-feeding teams trading for more talent is also a bit odd on its own.
    Yeah I donít get what Cleveland is doing at all. Then again, Drummond was basically free

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Yeah I donít get what Cleveland is doing at all. Then again, Drummond was basically free
    Definitely a weird deal. Maybe it helps Kevin Love feel more engaged from now to the end of the season? Build his value before trying to deal him in the off-season? Probably a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I have a funny feeling Gasol will be traded.
    After seeing the Capela and Drummond trades. I don't think 5s have any value. What would we have realistically gotten for Gasol right? I mean the pistons got basically nothing for Drummond and the Rockets gave up a pick to move Capela and land Roco. I think Gasol is to valuable to our team vs the return we would have gotten for him.

Other than Miami no other eastern contender improved at all. Kinda crazy

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Definitely a weird deal. Maybe it helps Kevin Love feel more engaged from now to the end of the season? Build his value before trying to deal him in the off-season? Probably a stretch.
    I kinda get it. Drummond is still only 26 and the writing is in the wall for TT. Maybe they feel they can make Drummond the C of there future with their young core.

They did give up on essentially nothing for him.

It's going to be interesting to see where FVV lands. There aren't that many good teams with cap space.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I kinda get it. Drummond is still only 26 and the writing is in the wall for TT. Maybe they feel they can make Drummond the C of there future with their young core.

They did give up on essentially nothing for him.
    Maybe they are auditioning him to see if he is worth a big contract in the summer. And yes, they gave up nothing for him. The weird part for me there is that fact that apparently he has little to no value to other NBA teams. I'm not a fan of his personally, but I thought there would be some front offices still enticed by empty numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    It's going to be interesting to see where FVV lands. There aren't that many good teams with cap space.
    I still think he finds his way back here on a long term deal. He might be our most reliable 3pt shooter now (although Norm, Davis and Gasol have all been great too, none heave the volume of shots that FVV does). He is a primary decision maker, plays both ends, is a product of our culture and helps to sustain it. Huge friends with Pascal, etc. With Lowry in his mid-30's, I have a hard time seeing Toronto letting FVV go as he is entering his prime.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Maybe they are auditioning him to see if he is worth a big contract in the summer. And yes, they gave up nothing for him. The weird part for me there is that fact that apparently he has little to no value to other NBA teams. I'm not a fan of his personally, but I thought there would be some front offices still enticed by empty numbers.
    I mean he is leading the league in rebounding which is the enticing part of his game. But center's in general have like no value anymore. Unless it's Embiid or soemthing

What I don't get is why Detroit didn't ask for TT in return Atleast. They virtually got nothing lol. Is Brand a bad gm?

After seeing the Capela and Drummond trades. I don't think 5s have any value. What would we have realistically gotten for Gasol right? I mean the pistons got basically nothing for Drummond and the Rockets gave up a pick to move Capela and land Roco. I think Gasol is to valuable to our team vs the return we would have gotten for him.

Other than Miami no other eastern contender improved at all. Kinda crazy
    I was actually thinking some type of multi team trade and him landing in Houston. I guess I underestimated Houstonís willingness to go without a big.

In 100% fine with the raptors standing pat. I really like our team. Would be great if McCaw was upgraded, but looks like we will have to extend his championship streak.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Bad teams with plenty of cap space though. And there are a few I can think of that really need a pg like the knicks and magic.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I was actually thinking some type of multi team trade and him landing in Houston. I guess I underestimated Houstonís willingness to go without a big.

In 100% fine with the raptors standing pat. I really like our team. Would be great if McCaw was upgraded, but looks like we will have to extend his championship streak.
    I was hoping for an upgrade at sg as well. But un willing to part with core players. Masai may make a small move on the buy out market.

We ARE true contenders.

With nurse and the team we have, I cannot think of any team that we donít have a shot against in a 7 game series.

I think itís all about doing whatever you can to not have games come down to the last offensive shot because we donít have anyone like that right now. Though I will add that siakam is flashing some Kawhi since returning from injury. Manufacturing and then sinking back to back 3ís to swing the games momentum, not being afraid of anyone, being physically more impressive than everyone heís matched up with, taking 20 shots and putting up 25 points even when he only shoots 5/20 that night etc. I just donít think he will be ready to go full kawhi this years playoffs yet.

Bad teams with plenty of cap space though. And there are a few I can think of that really need a pg like the knicks and magic.
    I think he'll take 80% of the money and stay. The 20% isn't worth stressing over if you gotta spend it on the Knicks.

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast