Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223
Results 331 to 341 of 341
  1. #331
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    56,725
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    There's been lots of questions about Simmons' drive and work ethic dating back to college. I don't know if he's got the character that we typically go for.
    I agree but if we are going to trade Lowry, I'd trade him for an elite player who is controllable for 5 years than the prospects this draft.

    You can flip Simmons fairly easily if we needed IMO.

  2. #332
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    13,317
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I agree but if we are going to trade Lowry, I'd trade him for an elite player who is controllable for 5 years than the prospects this draft.

    You can flip Simmons fairly easily if we needed IMO.
    I think that's the aim with Ball. He has the potential to be a game changer. I'm not sure with Lowry's age and salary how many elite players would be available in a deal for him. He may be the groat for us, but I don't think everyone else sees him the same way.

  3. #333
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    56,725
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I think that's the aim with Ball. He has the potential to be a game changer. I'm not sure with Lowry's age and salary how many elite players would be available in a deal for him. He may be the groat for us, but I don't think everyone else sees him the same way.
    I would rather have Simmons than Ball.

    I don't think this trade is close to being possible though. It was just something for the sake of discussion.

    76ers have to make trades to get farther but I'm sure they'd trade Simmons over Embiid (though they could probably succeed with keeping both and trading their other guys).

  4. #334
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    11,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I would rather have Simmons than Ball.

    I don't think this trade is close to being possible though. It was just something for the sake of discussion.

    76ers have to make trades to get farther but I'm sure they'd trade Simmons over Embiid (though they could probably succeed with keeping both and trading their other guys).
    Gsw has a 17mil trade exception. It could technically happen I think. Wonít, but technically could.

    I think ball (especially in our system) would surpass Simmons. Simmons has lost like 5 years of development with a team in win now mode and pretty much completely ignoring development.

  5. #335
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,192
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I think that's the aim with Ball. He has the potential to be a game changer. I'm not sure with Lowry's age and salary how many elite players would be available in a deal for him. He may be the groat for us, but I don't think everyone else sees him the same way.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Gsw has a 17mil trade exception. It could technically happen I think. Wonít, but technically could.

    I think ball (especially in our system) would surpass Simmons. Simmons has lost like 5 years of development with a team in win now mode and pretty much completely ignoring development.
    I think you're both overrating Ball. He played like **** in the NBL even though they showcased him to get a deal with ESPN. Foreign lottery picks pretty much destroy in their domestic leagues. JV went to the finals multiple times and won MVP in the same Lithuanian league that Melo played in.

    The NBL isn't even a good league. It's one of the worst international leagues in the world. He dodged Europe and NCAA because he didn't want to get exposed. He was also a terrible teammate and disrespected the coach. Same thing happened in Lithuania.

    The only reason he's even in the lottery is because it's a historically weak draft. Most of the top prospects haven't even played any real games. They're only up there because of name recognition.
    Last edited by ecart; 05-21-2020 at 05:22 PM.

  6. #336
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    13,317
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    I think you're both overrating Ball. He played like **** in the NBL even though they showcased him to get a deal with ESPN. Foreign lottery picks pretty much destroy in their domestic leagues. JV went to the finals multiple times and won MVP in the same Lithuanian league that Melo played in.

    The NBL isn't even a good league. It's one of the worst international leagues in the world. He dodged Europe and NCAA because he didn't want to get exposed. He was also a terrible teammate and disrespected the coach. Same thing happened in Lithuania.

    The only reason he's even in the lottery is because it's a historically weak draft. Most of the top prospects haven't even played any real games. They're only up there because of name recognition.
    I dunno about overrating him. He's supposed to be the best of the brothers. And Lonzo is pretty good.

  7. #337
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    13,317
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I would rather have Simmons than Ball.

    I don't think this trade is close to being possible though. It was just something for the sake of discussion.

    76ers have to make trades to get farther but I'm sure they'd trade Simmons over Embiid (though they could probably succeed with keeping both and trading their other guys).
    I think Embiid is as good as gone. Giving him Lowry for one season would give them a better chance at winning, but chances would still be slim.

  8. #338
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    56,725
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I think Embiid is as good as gone. Giving him Lowry for one season would give them a better chance at winning, but chances would still be slim.
    Embiid is what's keeping them afloat. I can see them trading him if they think he's too much of an injury risk but Simmons is probably the guy they should trade assuming they trade 1 of them.

    What if they traded Horford + young player + 2 pick for Wiggins + the 1st.

  9. #339
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    11,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Embiid is what's keeping them afloat. I can see them trading him if they think he's too much of an injury risk but Simmons is probably the guy they should trade assuming they trade 1 of them.

    What if they traded Horford + young player + 2 pick for Wiggins + the 1st.
    Iím not sure that makes them better. Makes gsw better though.

  10. #340
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    56,725
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Iím not sure that makes them better. Makes gsw better though.
    I didn't really think it through too much and was just a random idea. But they can draft Ball if they want a guy who has a scorer's potential.

    Maybe Wiggins likes playing with Embiid.


    Embiid, Harris, Wiggins, Ball, Simmons. Trade Josh Rich for a C/PF that they can play off the bench.

  11. #341
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,192
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I dunno about overrating him. He's supposed to be the best of the brothers. And Lonzo is pretty good.
    I think it's a red flag when a player constantly dodges better competition to beat on lower competition. I also think it's a red flag he burns bridges wherever he goes. I think he'll be a decent player but he's not going to be a "game changer".

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •