Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Raptors could go for DeRozan especially if he's available
    I dont see the need? We have Gasol, Ibala, and Siakam. Plus Boucher's development is coming along nicely

The only position we really need an upgrade on is sg

Lowry FVV
    Powell Davis
    OG RHJ
    Siakam Boucher
    Gasol Ibaka

Not many holes there. But if the opportunity presented itself to upgrade on Powell at sg I'd go for it, although hes been stepping up as of late

There's chatter that Blake Griffin would be available and the Raps would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    There's chatter that Blake Griffin would be available and the Raps would make sense.
    Only makes sense if his deal expires after next season.

We donít have dead cap to send back for him though. Not a single bad deal on the books.
    Iím not giving any draft picks for him.

He has a player option in 2021, which he is likely to pick up.
    ďItís about winning,Ē Stoudemire said. ďYou win, youíre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won ó Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you donít win, nobody really wants to see you.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Only makes sense if his deal expires after next season.

We donít have dead cap to send back for him though. Not a single bad deal on the books.
    Iím not giving any draft picks for him.
    We'd likely be sending one of Gasol/Ibaka plus OG and at least one pick. I don't see him as a great fit at the moment.

I canít shake the idea of FVV+Powell+? for Beal.

Toronto gets:
    Beal
    2nd rounders in 2019 and 2021

Washington gets:
    FVV
    Powell
    Stanley Johnson
    1st rounders 2019 and 2021
    Last edited by ChongInc.; 12-01-2019 at 11:07 PM.

Toronto gets:
    Beal

Washington gets:
    FVV
    Powell
    Stanley Johnson
    If I'm the Raptors I sure as hell don't give up FVV...Powell yeah sure as well as Johnson and 1st round draft picks and probably Serge or Gasol

Toronto gets:
    Beal

Washington gets:
    FVV
    Powell
    Stanley Johnson
    FVV is expiring, so essentially Washington is giving us Beal for Norman Powell?

Wizards made it clear last season they wanted Siakam for Beal. And that was to start the negotiations.They really want alot for Beal and that hasn't changed.

If we were going to make that move we'd do it last year to entice Kawhi to stay. But at this point Sianam is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    If I'm the Raptors I sure as hell don't give up FVV...Powell yeah sure as well as Johnson and 1st round draft picks and probably Serge or Gasol
    Even with FVV they would say no, there's no control there, he could sign back with the Raptors or anyone he wants in the offseason. And their not gonna take old role players for their best player entering his prime.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    FVV is expiring, so essentially Washington is giving us Beal for Norman Powell?

Wizards made it clear last season they wanted Siakam for Beal. And that was to start the negotiations.They really want alot for Beal and that hasn't changed.

If we were going to make that move we'd do it last year to entice Kawhi to stay. But at this point Sianam is better.
    Pretty much this. If Beal gets dealt, they'll look for a king's ransom (ie. The Anthony Davis blueprint). He just extended for another 2 years, there is no urgency to deal him right now. They will wait for Wall to get healthy, see how Hachimura and Bryant develop and add another core piece in the lottery next year.

Wonít FVV be RFA?

The fact that Freddie is about to get paid brogdan money and take us out of the Giannis sweepstakes is why I want to capitalize on his boom in value right now.

I think, though I may be wrong, that we can fit Beal/Giannis/Siakam on max deals In 2021 as long as we avoid any other long term commitments.
    TD/?
    Beal/OG
    Giannis/OG
    Siakam/OG
    Boucher/?

The alternative is to build with what we have (which isnít the worst idea). You sign Freddie to that McContract and roll with TD and Freddie at PG after next year, hope we can draft and develop a long SG. Ibaka would need to be retained because we wonít start Boucher at C unless our forwards are both serious rebounders+shot blockers.

We would be hoping to win another championship with the following come 2021:
    FVV/TD
    Powell/?
    OG/?
    Siakam/Boucher
    Ibaka/?

I mean itís not impossible....

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Pretty much this. If Beal gets dealt, they'll look for a king's ransom (ie. The Anthony Davis blueprint). He just extended for another 2 years, there is no urgency to deal him right now. They will wait for Wall to get healthy, see how Hachimura and Bryant develop and add another core piece in the lottery next year.
    But Beal isnít Anthony Davis. No team will offer that kind of package, and I actually think the package I put together has some futures value to it (assuming they can lock up FVV).

But Beal isnít Anthony Davis. No team will offer that kind of package, and I actually think the package I put together has some futures value to it (assuming they can lock up FVV).
    Nope he isn't, but Beal is under contract for two additional seasons beyond this one and hasn't publicly requested a trade. There is no urgency for them to deal him

Beal is not eligible to be traded until after the 2019-20 season because the first year of his extension is greater than 5% from his 2020-21 salary.
    https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/b...r-this-season/

Moot...

Raps will probably not make a major move, there is no one out there that is ďavailableĒ who would fit in to Nurseís program like a glove and can take this team to a legitimate Championship contender and can beat the Lakers or Clippers in a 7 game series

Have to wait until the summer of 2021 when most of the blue chips are due for picking
    Last edited by Raps Insider 12; 12-02-2019 at 06:02 PM.
    Giannis and Oladipo 2021 Movement

Quote Originally Posted by Raps Insider 12 View Post
    https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/b...r-this-season/

Moot...

Raps will probably not make a major move, there is no one out there that is ďavailableĒ who would fit in to Nurseís program like a glove and can take this team to a legitimate Championship contender and can beat the Lakers or Clippers in a 7 game series

Have to wait until the summer of 2021 when most of the blue chips are due for picking
    Damn.

I still think we are legit contenders right now, just the under the radar type, similar to how we were last season.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast