Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps Insider 12 View Post
    Would anyone consider selling high on Norm?

Possibly trading for Iggy/ DBrooks and a pick for Norm and McCaw
    I don't think Memphis does that.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Who has a better bench trio than Ibaka, Powell and Davis? Between them they are averaging 40ppg and shooting like 40% from deep.

In terms of improving their starting 5.... They get 60+ ppg from their "big 3" of Lowry, FVV and Siakam. OG is a shut down wing defender who can score and Gasol is one of the best defensive anchors in the NBA...one of the best passing big men in the world and is shooting over 40% from deep.

What do they need to "fix"?

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Who has a better bench trio than Ibaka, Powell and Davis? Between them they are averaging 40ppg and shooting like 40% from deep.

In terms of improving their starting 5.... They get 60+ ppg from their "big 3" of Lowry, FVV and Siakam. OG is a shut down wing defender who can score and Gasol is one of the best defensive anchors in the NBA...one of the best passing big men in the world and is shooting over 40% from deep.

They don't really need to fix anything. Their main issue is rebounding but i think they are capable of fixing that internally. However, to take that next step, do they have that guy who can score consistently when the pace slows down and iso scoring becomes prominent?
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Playoffs are a different game. We don't really have a closer. But it's not like we can trade for one anyways so might as well stay status quote

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    But wouldn't the Raptors be a contender?
    The first domino is FVV. Depending on how much we can retain him for will determine if we can resign Ibaka and Gasol. It's just hard to picture all three coming back

I don't see why all 3 wouldn't want to come back. Especially if they make another deep run again this year.

Why leave Canada and go back to the States if you are Ibaka or Gasol? They have both made loads of dough and they already have a ring. I think they know just how good Siakam, FVV, OG, Powell and Davis are, and how good of a leader Lowry is.

Why leave if you are FVV if the Raptors pony up and pay you 20+ Million for multiple season? You are an NBA starter (possibly an NBA all-star), a champion, you are close with your teammates and your family will be set for generations.

I don't see why all 3 wouldn't want to come back. Especially if they make another deep run again this year.

Why leave Canada and go back to the States if you are Ibaka or Gasol? They have both made loads of dough and they already have a ring. I think they know just how good Siakam, FVV, OG, Powell and Davis are, and how good of a leader Lowry is.

Why leave if you are FVV if the Raptors pony up and pay you 20+ Million for multiple season? You are an NBA starter (possibly an NBA all-star), a champion, you are close with your teammates and your family will be set for generations.
    We could keep all three sure but there's a high chance mess up our cap flexibility for 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    We could keep all three sure but there's a high chance mess up our cap flexibility for 2021.
    Yea. The "Lowry" type of extension would be perfect for Gasol and Ibaka and we could just try to figure it out in 2021. I don't think that is likely though (maybe more likely for Gasol given his age. You could offer a large 1 year deal that wouldn't be overly different than him choosing to pick up his player option this past season). Serge is still young enough to seek out a 4 year deal somewhere with a solid AAV.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Yea. The "Lowry" type of extension would be perfect for Gasol and Ibaka and we could just try to figure it out in 2021. I don't think that is likely though (maybe more likely for Gasol given his age. You could offer a large 1 year deal that wouldn't be overly different than him choosing to pick up his player option this past season). Serge is still young enough to seek out a 4 year deal somewhere with a solid AAV.
    They might want to consider trading him. As much i hate this idea, it does seem like an unrealistic scenario where all three return.

I would also like to see the Raptors take a shot at Gallinari and Iggy.

Vince Carter for Stanley Johnson? Maybe Atlanta wouldn't do it.

It's this Thursday. I am now doubting they do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    It's this Thursday. I am now doubting they do anything.
    Me too. And I'm fine with it

At the start of the season I definitely wanted Masai to sell one of the remaining expiring deals but not anymore. This team has a shot at making it to the finals again.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Then why don't you go after Iggy especially if he gives you that defensive edge

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Then why don't you go after Iggy especially if he gives you that defensive edge
    Because he isn’t better than any of our wings.

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast