Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    FVV will get Scary Terry money and then some.

I would give FVV like $30 mil, 1 year to see if he bites.
    and then do what after that season? Denounce his bird rights to open up cap room for a swing at Giannis?

I don't think with Mil running away with the East that Giannis is planning on going anywhere. I think he signs a supermax before he ever hits free agency.

If they gave Lowry and Pascal each 30M, I think they will need to give FVV at least 20M next year. I can see them giving FVV a 4 year extension somewhere in the range of 90-100M. He's the heir apparent to Kyle Lowry who has been groomed by this franchise for years and he's best friends with Pascal. They aren't letting him go anywhere. He will be locked up to go with Pascal.

Gasol will likely get a 1 year extension offer with a team option or two, and Ibaka will likely sign a 3 or 4 year deal somewhere else.

FVV will get Scary Terry money and then some.

I would give FVV like $30 mil, 1 year to see if he bites.
    I think he probably gets a little more than Rozier got. I could see a team like Detroit throwing 100 million at him.

If Fred is looking at that type of money, then this may be Ibaka's last year as a Raptor sadly. I just don't see how they can bring all three back if they don't want to jeopardize the 2021 max space.

I think Marc will be able to come back on a cap-friendly deal. Maybe they can figure something out but losing Ibaka will be a tough blow.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Considering the Celtics are in desperate need a of a big, does a Smart (Or Gasol) Ibaka based deal interest anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by murphturph View Post
    Considering the Celtics are in desperate need a of a big, does a Smart (Or Gasol) Ibaka based deal interest anyone?
    No because Powell and FVV contribute more overall than smart and because we would then have a hole in our big rotation.

I’m not ready to bet on Boucher bringing that energy consistently ever single night.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    If Fred is looking at that type of money, then this may be Ibaka's last year as a Raptor sadly. I just don't see how they can bring all three back if they don't want to jeopardize the 2021 max space.

I think Marc will be able to come back on a cap-friendly deal. Maybe they can figure something out but losing Ibaka will be a tough blow.
    I don't think it has sunk in that there's a good chance we could lose FVV, Gasol, or Ibaka. All 3 can fill a need for a bunch of teams. Especially now that they all have championship pedigree.

It's easy to say we can bring said player back on a freindly deal until that player is offered a poison pill contract. Masai isn't going to match just any offer. If a team like the Knicks, or Magic offer FVV stupid money then it's bye bye Freddy. That's why it's important to consider testing his market value.

It's possible all 3 can come back. It's not logical to think anyone would accept less money than what's being offered and to be realistic if FVV is among the top names in this free agency class then Marc and Serge don't fall to far behind. It is very possible we lose 1 or even 2 of these guys.

I like all three players but I would hate to lose them and get nothing in return.

L.M.A.O!
    https://www.complex.com/sports/2020/...ded/kyle-lowry

“ Current Team: Toronto Raptors
    Potential Destinations: L.A. Lakers, L.A. Clippers, Philadelphia 76ers, Chicago Bulls, San Antonio Spurs

Lowry, who turns 34 in March, is beloved in Toronto. With Kawhi gone, he’s also seen an uptick in usage this season. His PPG average has soared from 14.2 in 2018-19 to 20.4, and his MPG has increased as well (34.0 to 37.4). He’s shooting better from the outside and the charity stripe. In sum, despite his age, he’s still been one of the best guards in the Eastern Conference -- he’s having a tremendous campaign.

Yet according to a recent report, there is “speculation that Kyle Lowry could be had at the right price.” The Raptors are third in the East, and it’s not ridiculous to suggest they have a shot at repeating as conference champs, but Lowry isn’t the only guy on the roster popping up in trade rumors -- Marc Gasol, Serge Ibaka, and Fred VanVleet also appear to be in the mix.

The other three players are on expiring deals, while Lowry will earn $31 million next season, but the veteran guard might make the most sense as a trading chip for Masai Ujiri. Though Lowry has five straight All-Star selections and is leading the team in points and assists, VanVleet is poised to take over as the team’s top guard -- and he’s almost a decade younger. Lowry could put a fringe contender over the top or a fringe playoff team into the field.”

Maybe I’m the only one, but I think Lowry became unreadable when he lead us the the biggest comeback victory in raptors history, never mind the championship and the first half of game 6.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    L.M.A.O!
    https://www.complex.com/sports/2020/...ded/kyle-lowry

“ Current Team: Toronto Raptors
    Potential Destinations: L.A. Lakers, L.A. Clippers, Philadelphia 76ers, Chicago Bulls, San Antonio Spurs

Lowry, who turns 34 in March, is beloved in Toronto. With Kawhi gone, he’s also seen an uptick in usage this season. His PPG average has soared from 14.2 in 2018-19 to 20.4, and his MPG has increased as well (34.0 to 37.4). He’s shooting better from the outside and the charity stripe. In sum, despite his age, he’s still been one of the best guards in the Eastern Conference -- he’s having a tremendous campaign.

Yet according to a recent report, there is “speculation that Kyle Lowry could be had at the right price.” The Raptors are third in the East, and it’s not ridiculous to suggest they have a shot at repeating as conference champs, but Lowry isn’t the only guy on the roster popping up in trade rumors -- Marc Gasol, Serge Ibaka, and Fred VanVleet also appear to be in the mix.

The other three players are on expiring deals, while Lowry will earn $31 million next season, but the veteran guard might make the most sense as a trading chip for Masai Ujiri. Though Lowry has five straight All-Star selections and is leading the team in points and assists, VanVleet is poised to take over as the team’s top guard -- and he’s almost a decade younger. Lowry could put a fringe contender over the top or a fringe playoff team into the field.”

Maybe I’m the only one, but I think Lowry became unreadable when he lead us the the biggest comeback victory in raptors history, never mind the championship and the first half of game 6.
    Masai proved to me that he wasnt going to let sentimentality get in the way of winning - and there is a path to future improvement that might involve moving that salary, plus Kyle's desirability with how well he is playing. Having got our championship I could see him playing the long game like the ice cold mother****er he is.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    No because Powell and FVV contribute more overall than smart and because we would then have a hole in our big rotation.

I’m not ready to bet on Boucher bringing that energy consistently ever single night.
    If we are prioritizing this season than I completely agree. H/e if we are prioritizing the future I like a guy like Smart locked in at 13.5 million over the next 3 years. But he's just a player a chose from a team that needs a big. Perhaps that Memphis pick is more enticing.

I believe one of the biggest reasons the Raps are so good is due to the 2way play of Gasol and Ibaka. It leaves me wondering their value on the trade market

What I'm really curious with is whether the Raps make win-now deadline moves, leave the roster as is, or trade expirings with summer 2021 in mind.

Would anyone consider selling high on Norm?

Possibly trading for Iggy/ DBrooks and a pick for Norm and McCaw

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post

Ibaka can be offered a 1 year large money deal too.

I think Marc of all people won't come back. He'll probably take a deal at a contender.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I think he probably gets a little more than Rozier got. I could see a team like Detroit throwing 100 million at him.
    I dont see $100 mil but I can see $20 mil per year for 3-4 years

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    and then do what after that season? Denounce his bird rights to open up cap room for a swing at Giannis?

I don't think with Mil running away with the East that Giannis is planning on going anywhere. I think he signs a supermax before he ever hits free agency.

If they gave Lowry and Pascal each 30M, I think they will need to give FVV at least 20M next year. I can see them giving FVV a 4 year extension somewhere in the range of 90-100M. He's the heir apparent to Kyle Lowry who has been groomed by this franchise for years and he's best friends with Pascal. They aren't letting him go anywhere. He will be locked up to go with Pascal.

Gasol will likely get a 1 year extension offer with a team option or two, and Ibaka will likely sign a 3 or 4 year deal somewhere else.
    It doesnt have to be about just giannis. We can always resign him after that $30 mil 1 year deal. Just keep our options open.

Reddick did it sogning 1 year deals in Philly

I dont see $100 mil but I can see $20 mil per year for 3-4 years
    Rozier got close to 20 million per for 3 years after averaging less than 10 points per game. FVV is 25, entering his prime, proven to be a difference maker in playoffs and regular season and averaging 18 per game with a great 3pt shot, solid defense and ability to run an offense.

1) the market kinda sucks this year
    2) he is easily a far safer and more valuable investment than Rozier was
    3) he has performed at the highest stage and is still improving.

Certain teams will absolutely see him a 100 million dollar investment. To be honest, I think we should too.

15. 01-22-2020, 12:50 AM

Ibaka can be offered a 1 year large money deal too.

I think Marc of all people won't come back. He'll probably take a deal at a contender.
    But wouldn't the Raptors be a contender?
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast