Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    So tough. I think he’s worth that money, but is he worth being out of the Giannis sweepstakes?
    He contributes about the same amount (obviously in a very different way) as ibaka so I think that figure is spot on.
    Again I dont think cap space will be an issue. Gasol, Lowry and Ibaka account for about 88 million and they will all be off the books. Hoping lowry and Ibaka come back on a discount at that point.

Possibly, but I tried to leave the value up for interpretation by adding a “+” to the equation. I was thinking 2 unprotected 1sts, but if you think it would take more then do the math yourself.

If Beal wants out, then I don’t think anyone would offer a better futures (and now) package than Powell + FVV + 2 1sts. Especially with how Powell has stepped up lately.

FVV being unrestricted definitely changes things drastically. Basically nullifies his value to a rebuilding club. If he had RFA status then I think he would be a really good trade piece.

Shedding ibaka and Gasol still leaves us over the cap. Shedding Lowry brings us below the cap, but signing FVV to a 25m/per contract puts us right back above the cap. Don’t forget Siakam is already maxed out.

I’m trying to make room to sign a max guy in my theory, not just trying to get below the tax threshold.

If we wanted to have 3 max guys then you basically have to have no salary on the books outside of those 3 guys. Tbh I’m not even sure if we could afford Giannis if we ONLY had Beal and Siakam on the books.
    I get what you're saying, 2 first rounders def make it more worth while. However because of the slepian rule those picks can't be in consecutive years so one would have to be next year and then other in 2023 or something like that. Also would Masia give those up considering his hot streak of drafting ?

I think the Beal ship has sailed. But you're on to something about Giannis. Plus I rather have Giannis and Siakam as corner stones anyway

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Again I dont think cap space will be an issue. Gasol, Lowry and Ibaka account for about 88 million and they will all be off the books. Hoping lowry and Ibaka come back on a discount at that point.
    So 88 mil. The first half of that is still over the cap, just not into the tax. So call it 40 mil in actual cap space.

Now pay FVV 20 mil, OG 15 mil, and we still need a C.

The reason I thought of moving Powell and FVV is because they should have value right now, but they also clear cap space for 2021 and help match salaries.

We also have TD to back up Lowry instead of FVV, we upgrade our weakest position (SG) and we still have Thomas. Leaves our formidable duo’s at SF,PF,and C together for the run this year.

If that trade was possible, then I think it would make us favourites to win it (obviously USA media wouldn’t see it that way still but we would know the truth).

Regardless you’re right, it can’t even happen if everyone wanted it to.

So 88 mil. The first half of that is still over the cap, just not into the tax. So call it 40 mil in actual cap space.

The reason I thought of moving Powell and FVV is because they should have value right now, but they also clear cap space for 2021 and help match salaries.

We also have TD to back up Lowry instead of FVV, we upgrade our weakest position (SG) and we still have Thomas. Leaves our formidable duo’s at SF,PF,and C together for the run this year.

If that trade was possible, then I think it would make us favourites to win it (obviously USA media wouldn’t see it that way still but we would know the truth).

There are a lot of moving variables still with the cap number. Projections in September projected it at 125 million for the 2021 off-season. The cap this year is 109 million. So the cap itself could be set to rise too. Apparently the China market could influence that significantly depending what happens though.

Right now on the books for the summer of 2021:

Siakam: 31.32 million
    Powell: 11.26 million (player option, given his play and the rising cap, he might actually decline that)
    Hernandez: 1.78 million
    Terence Davis: RFA
    OG Anunoby: RFA

We are only sitting at 45 million or so in guaranteed salaries, but we don't exactly have a roster. To your point ChongInc, OG needs an extension that will likely have a big raise. I think we can presume Terence Davis will be getting a big raise too. Do we want FVV back, what does his contract look like. Do we want Ibaka, Gasol, or Lowry back (the cap hold to keep Lowry's bird rights will be over 40 million when he is a free agent in 2021, so we'd need to fit him under the cap). Then we need to ask, what do we do with RHJ and Boucher this summer. Boucher is an RFA and RHJ is a UFA. Both could warrant raises if we want to keep them.

There is no doubt we can fit Giannis under the cap in 2021, but we probably have 80 million between the current salaries on the books beneath the projected cap. How many of FVV, Lowry, Ibaka, Gasol, Davis, Boucher, RHJ and Anunoby can fit under 45-50 million so we can keep a carved out max contract to be able to offer Giannis? We will need to walk away from some of them.

For me, FVV, Anunoby and Terence Davis are probably the guys I most want to hold on to.

I have a ton of appreciation for Lowry and want to see him retire a Raptor. I also recognize the void at Center is Ibaka and Gasol both leave. RHJ fits this teams identity perfectly and is young enough to grow with the core as a bench piece. Boucher is the good Canadian story, fits the modern NBA and can play some C which is a future area of need. Hard choices to be made.

Raptors have "high interest" in Tristan Thompson!
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    There are a lot of moving variables still with the cap number. Projections in September projected it at 125 million for the 2021 off-season. The cap this year is 109 million. So the cap itself could be set to rise too. Apparently the China market could influence that significantly depending what happens though.

Right now on the books for the summer of 2021:

Siakam: 31.32 million
    Powell: 11.26 million (player option, given his play and the rising cap, he might actually decline that)
    Hernandez: 1.78 million
    Terence Davis: RFA
    OG Anunoby: RFA

We are only sitting at 45 million or so in guaranteed salaries, but we don't exactly have a roster. To your point ChongInc, OG needs an extension that will likely have a big raise. I think we can presume Terence Davis will be getting a big raise too. Do we want FVV back, what does his contract look like. Do we want Ibaka, Gasol, or Lowry back (the cap hold to keep Lowry's bird rights will be over 40 million when he is a free agent in 2021, so we'd need to fit him under the cap). Then we need to ask, what do we do with RHJ and Boucher this summer. Boucher is an RFA and RHJ is a UFA. Both could warrant raises if we want to keep them.

There is no doubt we can fit Giannis under the cap in 2021, but we probably have 80 million between the current salaries on the books beneath the projected cap. How many of FVV, Lowry, Ibaka, Gasol, Davis, Boucher, RHJ and Anunoby can fit under 45-50 million so we can keep a carved out max contract to be able to offer Giannis? We will need to walk away from some of them.

For me, FVV, Anunoby and Terence Davis are probably the guys I most want to hold on to.

I have a ton of appreciation for Lowry and want to see him retire a Raptor. I also recognize the void at Center is Ibaka and Gasol both leave. RHJ fits this teams identity perfectly and is young enough to grow with the core as a bench piece. Boucher is the good Canadian story, fits the modern NBA and can play some C which is a future area of need. Hard choices to be made.
    I think we can re-sign Boucher for very little. I retain him.

Unless RHJ wants to sign the same deal we ink Boucher to, I think he’s gone in the offseason.

TD+FVV make sense if Lowry is gone. Can probably sign them both for less than what Lowry alone will make.

Ibaka is having a great season so if we want to stay in on Giannis we will need to have a huge void next offseason at the position. Unless Marc signs a 1 year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Powell, Stanley Johnson and a lottery protected 1st?

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Powell, Stanley Johnson and a lottery protected 1st?
    I have no interest in this trade idea personally.

Powell has been important lately. More important than Thompson could be unless we are flipping bigs.

If Tristan has a 2 year contract I could see something happening where we swap bigs.

I wouldn’t even consider giving up 1sts (protected or not) for Tristan. Other than him being Canadian, I don’t see the appeal.

I agree with you I dont think I we should over pay FVV either

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I agree with you I dont think I we should over pay FVV either
    If we aren’t clearing space to make a run at Giannis then I think Freddie should be locked up as our future starting PG.

I know I’m dreaming of Giannis, but tbh I don’t think it’s the right move to plan around him coming here. We have seen teams fail miserably at that plan. Masai has shown he can win without losing.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    We will finally have a premium rebounder. But losing a 1st round pick for him will hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    We will finally have a premium rebounder. But losing a 1st round pick for him will hurt.
    He's expiring too right? I'm not sure a first rounder is worth giving up.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

https://fadeawayworld.net/2019/12/06...rade-deadline/

In light of their success, they are on the hunt for another foundational piece to put them over the edge.
    If they make a deal for a "foundational" player now. Then you're not worried nearly as much about the FVV contract and saving money for some future free agent or trade that may or may not come about.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    https://fadeawayworld.net/2019/12/06...rade-deadline/

If they make a deal for a "foundational" player now. Then you're not worried nearly as much about the FVV contract and saving money for some future free agent or trade that may or may not come about.
    Yes. Assuming you can land that foundational player then no need to hope for Giannis.

Can always get a meeting with him and if he wants to come you clear the cap.

I don't think we are favorites to win it all if we add Beal (No Giannis).

Team is still a mystery how they can stack up in the loffs. I knew Kawhi would help in the playoffs because of his track record. Team doesn't have the track record minus Kawhi, he ability to handle the physicality in the playoffs and be efficient is top 1-2 with Bron.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast