Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 263
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,492
    Quote Originally Posted by New Power House View Post
    Garbage teams come out like there is not another day vs them. Besides the Lakers have always brought the best of every team not matter how good they are playing. Right now is not different. Hate is the word to describe the motor for these crummy teams. Lakers have only played 19 games together and they are number one. ESPN and the rest of the haters had Flippers as the front runners.
    Plus those garbage teams are young and actually have some talent that just needs to be developed. We played 4 road games in 7 nights and I think for the most part trailed in them all, but come crunch time we locked down our D and got the victory. Championship teams don't necessarily always blow teams out, they just find ways to win and that what we did! We are 16-2 with essentially a new team, Kuz isn't 100% up to game speed yet, AB is a missing key piece that would have helped in those close games and our chemistry will only improve! When you see plays like last game with Holiday on AD and he slashes to the net for the lob from Lebron, that's unstoppable, imagine when everyone is on the exact same page? Right now Lebron and AD have been working hard and their talent has won games because they are two of the best players in the world, but it will just get easier as everyone has played together longer!

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,492
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Davis says he has plenty to be thankful for after their ninth consecutive win, via*Spectrum SportsNet:

    Im thankful. Thankful for this guy No. 23. Thankful for the Lakers organization. Man, they been nothing but great to me and weve been able to compete at a high level. They put me in great situations and like I said, were trying to do something special. They put the right pieces around me and LeBron to do so, but Im thankful for the game of basketball.
    I'm thankful for AD! And for Lebron for helping us win despite my hate for him I'm also really thankful for Dwight and he acceptance of his role and the fans accepting him... signing Dwight honestly might have saved our season, I don't think we have the best record in the league without him. Outside of Lebron and AD I think he's been our next best player and he's a perfect fit because all his stats are through doing the dirty work.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    8,433
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMyLakers View Post
    Plus those garbage teams are young and actually have some talent that just needs to be developed. We played 4 road games in 7 nights and I think for the most part trailed in them all, but come crunch time we locked down our D and got the victory. Championship teams don't necessarily always blow teams out, they just find ways to win and that what we did! We are 16-2 with essentially a new team, Kuz isn't 100% up to game speed yet, AB is a missing key piece that would have helped in those close games and our chemistry will only improve! When you see plays like last game with Holiday on AD and he slashes to the net for the lob from Lebron, that's unstoppable, imagine when everyone is on the exact same page? Right now Lebron and AD have been working hard and their talent has won games because they are two of the best players in the world, but it will just get easier as everyone has played together longer!
    Great post. Spot on.

    "The moment you give up, is the moment you let someone else win."

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Nice
    Posts
    26,988
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMyLakers View Post
    Plus those garbage teams are young and actually have some talent that just needs to be developed. We played 4 road games in 7 nights and I think for the most part trailed in them all, but come crunch time we locked down our D and got the victory. Championship teams don't necessarily always blow teams out, they just find ways to win and that what we did! We are 16-2 with essentially a new team, Kuz isn't 100% up to game speed yet, AB is a missing key piece that would have helped in those close games and our chemistry will only improve! When you see plays like last game with Holiday on AD and he slashes to the net for the lob from Lebron, that's unstoppable, imagine when everyone is on the exact same page? Right now Lebron and AD have been working hard and their talent has won games because they are two of the best players in the world, but it will just get easier as everyone has played together longer!
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMyLakers View Post
    I'm thankful for AD! And for Lebron for helping us win despite my hate for him I'm also really thankful for Dwight and he acceptance of his role and the fans accepting him... signing Dwight honestly might have saved our season, I don't think we have the best record in the league without him. Outside of Lebron and AD I think he's been our next best player and he's a perfect fit because all his stats are through doing the dirty work.
    Two very good posts here.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Nice
    Posts
    26,988
    Quote Originally Posted by Caruso Nation View Post
    I'm already stressing about that Sunday game against Dallas, which is a 1 p.m. tipoff in L.A.

    As a franchise the Lakers are historically horrendous in Sunday afternoon games, and I'm imagining us down by 20 at the end of the first quarter.
    Llullz! Don't worry I'll be watching it and when I watch we don't lose since opening night lol

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,492
    Quote Originally Posted by Caruso Nation View Post
    I'm already stressing about that Sunday game against Dallas, which is a 1 p.m. tipoff in L.A.

    As a franchise the Lakers are historically horrendous in Sunday afternoon games, and I'm imagining us down by 20 at the end of the first quarter.
    Mavs are 3-4 against teams that currently have a winning record. I think this is the result of Luka having little help. They do own some good victories over some good teams, but mostly their record is from beating the bad teams. I think we have too many options and they won't be able to match up, plus we are home this time. I think we are a better team now than the first meeting between us. I think we'll do better against Luka this game as well.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    5,562
    Quote Originally Posted by deadman8586 View Post
    Let us think uh no. The whole reason why Bradley and Green have to start is to hide LeBron on defense.
    You must mean the "tank" defense that was on display last year. Sorry bro, this is 2019 A.D.!!!!!!!!!

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    9,580
    Interested in watching Bertans... Shooting .443 from 3 on 7.6 shots per game. I'm positive he will get traded before the deadline.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    14,959
    Quote Originally Posted by deadman8586 View Post
    Let us think uh no. The whole reason why Bradley and Green have to start is to hide LeBron on defense.
    You should catch a game this year

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    14,959
    Spurs up 87-71 on the Clippers. Gonna be a nice transition into this game tonight. Gonna have to break out a lil bubbly

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Death Valley
    Posts
    8,431
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    You should catch a game this year
    I'm trying to, but it's hard because of my schedule, and also I don't have spectrum. I have to watch these games online. Anyways that was the reason going into the season because I was questioning Lebron's effort on D and does he still have it him.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Death Valley
    Posts
    8,431
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Spurs up 87-71 on the Clippers. Gonna be a nice transition into this game tonight. Gonna have to break out a lil bubbly
    Also I think the Lakers are due for a blowout win because they need to start showing teams who's boss.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Death Valley
    Posts
    8,431
    Quote Originally Posted by b-ballistic View Post
    You must mean the "tank" defense that was on display last year. Sorry bro, this is 2019 A.D.!!!!!!!!!
    and also he didn't do much of it from 2014-2019 either well during the regular season, but honesty going into the season you had to question LeBron's effort on D and does he still have what it takes.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    2,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Llullz! Don't worry I'll be watching it and when I watch we don't lose since opening night lol
    This comes as a great relief!

    Also, I'm going to need you to watch every game from now through the end of the playoffs.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    2,008
    Apparently we forgot to put a team on the floor?

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •