Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Let's just be thankful today that we're Yankee fans. Happy Thanksgiving to all.
    Happy Thanksgiving to you Blueman. We are glad you are around for it.

**** off. Where's my title

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Let's just be thankful today that we're Yankee fans. Happy Thanksgiving to all.
    Thanks. Same to you and yours.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    The home run spike was last year. Stanton didn’t play basically. His 40 HR years weren’t in years where everyone was mashing them. That’s not fair to him to say.
    Ya, if healthy in sure the way balls were flying Mike would've hit 50 last yr easy.

Wait...dump Stanton for nothing and pay $5m a year? Uh....no thanks.
    Time to double down on the 'Spects!

Quote Originally Posted by Laying Low View Post
    Wait...dump Stanton for nothing and pay $5m a year? Uh....no thanks.
    Pretty much sums it up. Giving him away with no return seems pointless imo. Yes he's redundant and K's far too often for my liking. He's also potentially very dangerous. Opposing pitchers know.

Paying him 30M+ as a 35 yr old and 20M +as a 37 tr old doesn't warm the heart. It could get very ugly.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Stanton is not a winning player. 5 mil a year to get rid of him would be a bargain. Yanks made a bad trade acquiring him, no reason to compound it by keeping him.

Quote Originally Posted by RossMo View Post
    Stanton is not a winning player. 5 mil a year to get rid of him would be a bargain. Yanks made a bad trade acquiring him, no reason to compound it by keeping him.
    How exactly did you come to this conclusion? Heard it on a message board? He toiled on horrid teams in Fla. with no chance of winning. Yet he led the league in SLG% 3 times, HR's twice, as well as RBI' , Total bases and OPS+, he also led league in intentional walks. Do they intentionally walk scrubs? He's a former league MVP and muti time all star. There are many things one may take issue with, imo being a winner isn't near top of the list.

He's still redundant and K's far too often and his contract goes on forever. However dismiss him at your own peril.

If he is so great Yanks would be able to trade him right? They can’t!!! He is strictly a stat guy. He is pretty much useless against quality pitching. I would rather have Andujar at DH and Yankees should put him there over Mike, whether they trade him or not.

If he is so great Yanks would be able to trade him right? They can’t!!! He is strictly a stat guy. He is pretty much useless against quality pitching. I would rather have Andujar at DH and Yankees should put him there over Mike, whether they trade him or not.
    Have they tried to move him? Very recently (10/26/19) Cashman pointed out that Stanton is a year removed from leading the Yankees with 38 homers and 100 RBIs and was the NL MVP with the Marlins in 2017 before being traded to the Yankees. Doesn't sound like someone they are intent on moving. https://nypost.com/2019/10/26/yankee...jury-concerns/

What does it mean to be a "stat" guy? You mean someone who leads the league in various categories on a consistent basis? How do you support the contention he " is useless against quality pitching?" Another message board find? Anything other than personal supposition to justify the claim? Quality pitchers are considered quality for a reason! They get the best hitters out. Seems simple and logical to me.

Btw his name is Giancarlo, but I think you know that.

I support it by watching him not have a chance against good pitching. He is our next Soriano. He will not be of any help against playoff pitching. In 40 postseason at bats he has 3 RBI. Now with injuries and salary he is absolutely unmovable.

Yankees our better team without Stanton...IMO

I support it by watching him not have a chance against good pitching. He is our next Soriano. He will not be of any help against playoff pitching. In 40 postseason at bats he has 3 RBI. Now with injuries and salary he is absolutely unmovable.
    Very small postseason sample, actually only 34 AB's, (40 PA's) with 8 H's two of which were HR's. RBI's have suddenly become the yardstick by which quality hitting is measured? Many agree it is one of the more questionable stats. It lacks specificity and tells you little about the hitter, context or situation.

Yanks can only hope there is one GM out there like you who thinks Stanton is a quality hitter/player. I personally hope he is either traded or sits the bench.

I agree with this sentiment. Mike isn’t attractive to any team. Especially after thus past year combined with last years playoff choke.

Yanks can only hope there is one GM out there like you who thinks Stanton is a quality hitter/player. I personally hope he is either traded or sits the bench.
    Trading him has perhaps a 1% chance of happening. Sitting on the bench has a 0 % chance of happening. You want to sit a 40 home run 100 RBI player? Great plan.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast