Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by evilemplover View Post
    So you don't like him for the team... what do you think you'll replace him with? Brett Gardner?

You're not getting Mike Trout...

You're not replacing him with DJ LeMahieu type hitters (those are few and far between.... and none on the current UFA market).....

You just want him replaced... but you'll replace him with someone that will make you wish you hadn't... to replace JUST TO REPLACE.. ranks right up there with being spoiled rotten fans that we are accused of being...

Good luck.. he's not going anywhere so keep dreaming.. because that's all it will be... A DREAM... (or the left overs from a bong-induced coma)
    It's very smart to say we won't get Trout. I didn't think of that. I figured that because this thread was about the Angels keeping trout and adding stanton, that the Angels would in fact keep him So I wasn't really thinking Trout would be traded but thank you for confirming.

Actually, having Stanton and complaining you want to keep him rather than save some money, is being spoiled. I would actually prefer Frazier, Talkman in LF and Sanchez at DH while keeping Romine with the money you'd save from moving Stanton.

But you know that. You must. I'm basing you intellect on your usage of ellipsis, so it must be high.

Bong induced coma? You should try it. Maybe it would enhance your creativity. Many great artists have used it like that.

**** off. Where's my title

Now if we didn't have to buy down any of Stantons deal and the Angels would send JoJo Adell plus that would definitely be something to consider

Even though Stanton is redundant on this team he still has value and makes us better next yr. If we got something back maybe not of the same value but was close and we could use that piece to help us win next yr it would make sense. Adell is an elite CF spec that pretty close to MLB ready and it's not like CF is a position of weakness for them. We could put him in Cf and not have to spend the money to resign Gardy. Resign Romine to be our C and use Sanchez at DH alot.

Imo is Sanchez didn't get beat up behind the plate and Injured so much he could put up the Ramirez numbers we hoped he would.

That kinda deal makes far more sense then giving Stanton away for nothing that helps us win next yr.

If I may answer.....yes, Iíd rather replace him with Talk Man or Frazier for zero dollars and use that 23m per year or 230m total for something we need.....whether thatís an ace or whoever.

Mike is redundant. We need diversity.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Now if we didn't have to buy down any of Stantons deal and the Angels would send JoJo Adell plus that would definitely be something to consider

Even though Stanton is redundant on this team he still has value and makes us better next yr. If we got something back maybe not of the same value but was close and we could use that piece to help us win next yr it would make sense. Adell is an elite CF spec that pretty close to MLB ready and it's not like CF is a position of weakness for them. We could put him in Cf and not have to spend the money to resign Gardy. Resign Romine to be our C and use Sanchez at DH alot.

Imo is Sanchez didn't get beat up behind the plate and Injured so much he could put up the Ramirez numbers we hoped he would.

That kinda deal makes far more sense then giving Stanton away for nothing that helps us win next yr.

Day, I get the apprehension but I think of it like this, we won without him this year. He is a luxury and extravagance. I would absolutely move him to get rid of salary.
    Let me ask this, if moving him meant getting Cole, would you? If it meant getting Wheeler and be able to trade for and pay for a guy like Lindor?

If it just meant a chance of getting Cole or Lindor would I pay another team money and not take anything of value in return, no. If we got specs in return that we could package with our own to get Lindor absolutely. IMO @ 22.5m AAV he still has alot of value to some teams. Maybe not as much to us because we already have alot of power in our lineup but to a team that doesn't have 3-4 guys capable of hitting 40HRs he would have enough value to get us something of significant value in return.

I mentioned JOJo Addel plus as a possible return and package him with whatever else we have other than Dominguez i'm in

I'm in absolute agreement with you that he is redundant in our lineup and that their are far better uses for that money. That said i wouldn't pay for him to play somewhere else or give him away without a guarantee of getting something that helps us win in the very very near future

Fair points

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    It's very smart to say we won't get Trout. I didn't think of that. I figured that because this thread was about the Angels keeping trout and adding stanton, that the Angels would in fact keep him So I wasn't really thinking Trout would be traded but thank you for confirming.

Actually, having Stanton and complaining you want to keep him rather than save some money, is being spoiled. I would actually prefer Frazier, Talkman in LF and Sanchez at DH while keeping Romine with the money you'd save from moving Stanton.

But you know that. You must. I'm basing you intellect on your usage of ellipsis, so it must be high.

Bong induced coma? You should try it. Maybe it would enhance your creativity. Many great artists have used it like that.
    See, that's where you miss... Unless you EAT all of stantons deal.. you're not getting anything of value back... if you move the entire deal, you might get someone who would make me look good (and I'm 50)...

You're not going to move G and his contract... even IF you could get him to waive the NTC.. which I hear won't happen (why would anyone want to leave a perennial contender willingly?)..

So keep dreaming... But life is not the video game.. and this won't happen anytime soon... because unlike you guys.. the NYYankees consider him a great fit... only fans who foolishly think they know anything think he's not.

See, that's where you miss... Unless you EAT all of stantons deal.. you're not getting anything of value back... if you move the entire deal, you might get someone who would make me look good (and I'm 50)...

You're not going to move G and his contract... even IF you could get him to waive the NTC.. which I hear won't happen (why would anyone want to leave a perennial contender willingly?)..

So keep dreaming... But life is not the video game.. and this won't happen anytime soon... because unlike you guys.. the NYYankees consider him a great fit... only fans who foolishly think they know anything think he's not.
    WOW then, i guess since you have graced us with your other worldly superior intelligence we should all just try and comprehend how blessed we are to have you around to tell us what " smart people" actually think

You guys should all stop the nastiness. This is a hypothetical would ya. The premise of this would ya is that Stanton would waive his NTC to go to the West Coast and specifically the Angels. Would you give up him and take the salary relief less $5 million per year presumably to use the money elsewhere? Nobody said anything about getting anything of vale back. That was the question.

The answer is maybe. There are pros and cons. Is giving up the potential for 40+ Hrs worth the $17.5 million? Is the redundant power worth the redundant 100 + Ks? Is the potential for declining performance over the next 10 years worth the current bargain on the contract? Can he play the OF or convert to 1B or will he become a full-time DH like Ortiz needed to become?

I didnít know the LA system well enough to project a return but youíd definitely get some value back for him. If the MIA deal is void but we still pay the $5M then I think his AAV is like $22M to LAA. But for us it would just be the $5M/year vs the $22M/year he counts now. So

The reality of Stanton is this - heís a steal of a contract for the short term. He was hurt last year but he put up a great season the year before, even if it wasnít his personal best. And he was an MVP the year before. Heís a stud. You might now like his style of hitting and thatís fine. You might want more balance and thatís fine. But it doesnít change the face that individually heís a stud hitter and good defensive OF. Heís very underpaid for the caliber of player he is at a $22M/year number.

But there are drawbacks... itís a very, very long contract. What I said above most likely wonít be true by the end of the deal. Particularly defensively. Heíll likely be a pure DH which limits roster options. And once the bat speed slows down he probably wonít be a good average hitter (which people here seem to be oblivious to the face he does hit for good average despite the Ks lol). Power ages weíll so heíll likely be productive but heíll also be roster clogging to an extent.

Thereís also opportunity cost on the short term. Hal obviously has budget limitations on this team and we need to fill holes within the budget. I look at Stanton in LF or as a DH which we started to use him more as because of the long term interests with his deal. If heís gone now you have more Andujar at DH. You have more Tauchman in LF (assuming Gardner will be back for CF until Hicks is back). So that $17M we save... I just feel like if we added that to what weíre willing to pay for a pitcher, it bumps us into the Strasburg category vs a Wheeler/Mad Bum type I think weíre more likely to end up with. And overall, I believe that makes us incrementally better compared to what Stanton brings over the players that would replace him.

The reasons Iíd trade him are the same I would have let Chapman walk. Not that I donít think the guys a monster player or hate him, itís just not the best use of a finite amount of money IMO. Thatís very different.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Hereís why Iím not impressed by Mike and his 40 hr.

EVERYONE hits HR now. Slappy hit 30 for Gods sake.

The home run is not special anymore. You know whatís special? The guy who plays a lot and does everything well.

Mike is simply Mark Reynolds for 10 more years at a premium.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Hereís why Iím not impressed by Mike and his 40 hr.

EVERYONE hits HR now. Slappy hit 30 for Gods sake.

The home run is not special anymore. You know whatís special? The guy who plays a lot and does everything well.

Mike is simply Mark Reynolds for 10 more years at a premium.
    The home run spike was last year. Stanton didnít play basically. His 40 HR years werenít in years where everyone was mashing them. Thatís not fair to him to say.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Let's just be thankful today that we're Yankee fans. Happy Thanksgiving to all.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    You guys should all stop the nastiness. This is a hypothetical would ya. The premise of this would ya is that Stanton would waive his NTC to go to the West Coast and specifically the Angels. Would you give up him and take the salary relief less $5 million per year presumably to use the money elsewhere? Nobody said anything about getting anything of vale back. That was the question.

The answer is maybe. There are pros and cons. Is giving up the potential for 40+ Hrs worth the $17.5 million? Is the redundant power worth the redundant 100 + Ks? Is the potential for declining performance over the next 10 years worth the current bargain on the contract? Can he play the OF or convert to 1B or will he become a full-time DH like Ortiz needed to become?
    Well reasoned and on target imo. The contract escalates with age. There is a full NTC.
    ďFarts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.Ē ó Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    ďNot everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.Ē---- James Baldwin

Did you actually read the initial post for this thread?
    You are aware that this entire thread is a hypothetical and it clearly states that.
    Do you understand that it is clearly implied while not directly stated that in our magical world, Stanton would waive his NTC. and it is stated that we would be on the hook for some of the money but not most.

So now that I have outlined that, if the Yankees ate 1/3 of his deal and it meant getting other guys who could provide more valuable help to this lineup, I would to that trade or give-away in a heartbeat because sometimes, sup[btraction is addition.

Dayners makes a valid point that he would want specs. Ok. Cool I can understand that.
    But I don't. I do not think the yankees will win with him. They may win in spite of him but for all your Stantons is greatness commentary, we didn't need him this year. He did zero this year.
    And the yankees won over 100 games.

So you tell me, is a guy who is completely redundant in a lineup like ours a necessity?
    Presuming you answer, no because no rational person would answer, yes, if we don't need him and his role can be better filled and his salary can be better used, why keep him if you had a chance to move him?
    Yes, we are in fantasy land right now but remember, that is what this thread is. It is a simple question of if given the opportunity, would you do this?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast