Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Stanton Trade - Would Ya?

Since this forum loves these threads, here's one for Stanton.

When he was a FA, there was talk of the Dodgers being his first choice because they're in LA. Not realistic with what they have. BUT, there's another LA team.

The Angels are reportedly looking to make sure they don't waste Trout's prime. They're all-in on Cole reportedly. Let's say they get him - it will be a huge financial cost. But look at that roster, they still need help all over. Including the corner OF.

Enter Stanton. Sure he's coming off an injury plagued year but he was great the year before, even if it underwhelmed this board. His tax number to us is $22M. Let's say we paid that down by another $5M/year. Now LA is getting him for $17M a year. That's a total steal for Stanton in terms of AAV. The cost is that it's a long deal. But this gets them a cheap, top flight hitter to help add to that lineup.

From our side, we'd clear that $17M/year of payroll space. It opens up a whole in LF/DH, depending on where you wanted Stanton.

So, would ya?

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

No LA would be on the hook for more.

No?

It would void the deal between Yanks and Miami.

Unless I'm mistaken.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post

No?

Unless I'm mistaken.

I don't see why it would. The money the Marlins are paying on Stanton's contract would just go to LA instead of us. Pretty sure that's how it works. I don't think MIA gets out of agreeing what they agreed to pay since it's really going to Stanton, not the team.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Stanton might be redundant in our lineup but he's still a pretty valuable asset especially at 22m AAV

There is absolutely no way I'm paying 40m 4 him to play 4 someone else and get absolutely nothing of value in return

I believe RC is correct, I recall reading the Miami deal is void upon trade.

I also agree with all Dayners stated.
    Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.---- James Baldwin

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Yes, Yes, a thousand time yes.

(I know you are all shocked by me saying this)

**** off. Where's my title

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post

No?

Unless I'm mistaken.

This is correct

Mike is basically untradeable.

But Id love to move him. Hes not a winning player.

I'd do it and throw in Happ.

first... You'd have to get him to void his NTC... which probably won't happen..

Second... What the bleep are you getting in return?

Third... He's a star... just because you don't want to admit that does not make it any different... he's a plus defender in the OF, but many of you act like he's Mo Vaughn in the field.. I don't know where you get that and I don't know why you hate him so much... the reality is... that's your problem.. get over it already as when he's healthy, he's one of the best in baseball...

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by evilemplover View Post
    first... You'd have to get him to void his NTC... which probably won't happen..

Second... What the bleep are you getting in return?

Third... He's a star... just because you don't want to admit that does not make it any different... he's a plus defender in the OF, but many of you act like he's Mo Vaughn in the field.. I don't know where you get that and I don't know why you hate him so much... the reality is... that's your problem.. get over it already as when he's healthy, he's one of the best in baseball...
    There's the foolishness you so blindly post. Again, who said they hated him. People argue they don't like him for the team.

He is not one of the best in baseball unless you are talking solely about HRs and Ks.
    A plus defender simply means, 1% above average. In LF, He does not have the speed, the angles or the reads to be any more than "plus" After his injuries we will see if he's even that.
    When Stanton is hot, hooray, he's fun to watch. But he is hot less frequently than he is cold.
    Stanton has a couple of good years left.
    This is what, for the sake of rebuttal, the Stanton nut huggers (in the spirit of Thanksgiving, Gobble gobble) fail to grasp and when his bat speed slows and he is clearly a minus, defender, you will be wishing he was traded.

**** off. Where's my title

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    There's the foolishness you so blindly post. Again, who said they hated him. People argue they don't like him for the team.

He is not one of the best in baseball unless you are talking solely about HRs and Ks.
    A plus defender simply means, 1% above average. In LF, He does not have the speed, the angles or the reads to be any more than "plus" After his injuries we will see if he's even that.
    When Stanton is hot, hooray, he's fun to watch. But he is hot less frequently than he is cold.
    Stanton has a couple of good years left.
    This is what, for the sake of rebuttal, the Stanton nut huggers (in the spirit of Thanksgiving, Gobble gobble) fail to grasp and when his bat speed slows and he is clearly a minus, defender, you will be wishing he was traded.
    So you don't like him for the team... what do you think you'll replace him with? Brett Gardner?

You're not getting Mike Trout...

You're not replacing him with DJ LeMahieu type hitters (those are few and far between.... and none on the current UFA market).....

You just want him replaced... but you'll replace him with someone that will make you wish you hadn't... to replace JUST TO REPLACE.. ranks right up there with being spoiled rotten fans that we are accused of being...

Good luck.. he's not going anywhere so keep dreaming.. because that's all it will be... A DREAM... (or the left overs from a bong-induced coma)

It's a hypothetical boys no reason to get insulting

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    It's a hypothetical boys no reason to get insulting
    Shut up jerk

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Shut up jerk
    **** off. Cousin ****er.

He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast