Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    For what itís worth, Cook said heíll be good to go next week. Says he aggravated the injury he had against Denver. He called it a weird injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It looked like he injured it before on the first fumble that we recovered before the half. He seemed to be favoring it and then he was hit hard on the same arm when he fumbled and he lost it.

I want to bench Rhodes too but Hughes has been just as bad. Heís had some good moments but more bad than good. Maybe with experience heíll be better but Iím concerned. Maybe itís time to try Mack on the outside more. Give Kearse more snaps in the slot. I donít trust Holton Hill enough to give him more snaps. We need to shake things up a bit.

Harrison Smith looks very average this year also. Our defense is average. Made out of high draft picks. This team is one and done, assuming we don't fall apart and do make the playoffs. Not trying to be negative, just being real. Cousins is playing like a top 5 QB, but he's still a bad signing because we're gonna be rebuilding after next year and still will not be holding the coveted Lombardi trophy anytime soon.

I want to bench Rhodes too but Hughes has been just as bad. Heís had some good moments but more bad than good. Maybe with experience heíll be better but Iím concerned. Maybe itís time to try Mack on the outside more. Give Kearse more snaps in the slot. I donít trust Holton Hill enough to give him more snaps. We need to shake things up a bit.

What exactly was X looking at after giving up that long TD catch? I get he may have expected safety help, but he was looking right at Harrison as the play started, so he KNEW he wasn't behind him.....yet before Metcalf was even in the end zone, X was looking back with his arms out. He just strikes me more and more as a guy who refuses to accept accountability.

Diggs....what was up with those (not sure all were) drops...targets that more often than not he'd catch....maybe getting back with his old g/f hasn't been a good thing?

Not ragging on Cousins because I have basically no issue with how he's played, despite his tendency to run away from the line of scrimmage on scrambles to his right.........but at the end of the game, it's 4th and 3...you just need 3 yards to continue the possession.......Mattison was directly in front of him, appeared open, but Kirk threw it deeper to a guy that wasn't...game

Only it wasn't game........can anyone explain the logic of Seattle kicking that last FG? Clock down near 20 seconds, deep in MN territory since we couldn't stop the run all night, no time outs left for the Vikings....had Seattle just run another play they run more clock and leave the Vikings deep in their own territory if they don't convert. Instead, they risked a bad snap, a blocked kick....several things could have happened there that were more likely than the Vikings scoring from 80 yards out in 15 seconds
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

One of these days iíd love to come on here and discuss a big win after a playoff type game on the road. Instead weíre always running here to fire, rip, or bench somebody after the game. This **** is getting old. I donít know if that day is ever going to come with this group we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    One of these days iíd love to come on here and discuss a big win after a playoff type game on the road. Instead weíre always running here to fire, rip, or bench somebody after the game. This **** is getting old. I donít know if that day is ever going to come with this group we have now.
    You and me both. I feel like we haven't been able to do that consistently in 10 years (Back in 09 when we had Favre). Unfortunately, it just seems like this team and front office does just enough to stay relevant but not enough to win in the playoffs. They just can't get over that hump for whatever reason and I just don't see that changing right now.
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    You and me both. I feel like we haven't been able to do that consistently in 10 years (Back in 09 when we had Favre). Unfortunately, it just seems like this team and front office does just enough to stay relevant but not enough to win in the playoffs. They just can't get over that hump for whatever reason and I just don't see that changing right now.
    Can we ever play a complete game? When we play good defense we canít score. When we put up 30 points we canít stop a nose bleed. When the game is ours to lose we turn the ball over and miss field goals (blair walsh anyone?) Top 5 run defense in the league gives up 218 yards on the ground last night! Whatís that about? Am i missing something? (Frank Sheeran voice)

Not all doom and gloom today after hearing about Cook. Was devastated last night.

This was a tough game against a tough team in a tough place to play. AND the VIKINGS PLAYED TOUGH.

I know the defense looked weak but this offense made the point of grinding all night to wear them down. The Vikings play the same type of game so it's going to go one way or the other. Cousins man is the truth, I'm done listening to everyone criticizing him. He only made one poor throw all night IMO and it was on the 4th and 3 (which I also thought was a poor play call).

We have life and are clearly a contender.
    3 Observations:

1: Cousins interception... If that isn't holding,illegal contact, and pass interference in one 5 second play then I don't know what is. Diggs didn't lay as much as a finger on the defender to even argue it was both guys hand fighting so they let it go. He got mugged, period! (the overall lack of calls against Seattle was a pretty favorable Home field advantage, especially in the run game)

2: Where is the disguise!! Our defense has been struggling this year and there is 1 trend I am seeing nearly every snap that I believe is a big factor in their decline (as I diagnose from the bar stool)
    This Defense has always been a hybrid and had success in disguising coverage bringing the safeties and linebackers into gaps and bailing into zone etc. Constantly leaving the QB guessing until he's 5 steps deep. Over the course of the last year (20 games) I have noticed that nearly every single play a simple hard count gets them to show their hand immediately. Leaving the Qb 10 seconds to readjust and audible as necessary. Don't get me wrong there are other issues like tackling and being in poor position. But to see Harrison Smith sell a blitz and run back 15 yards in the first 3 seconds of the play clock to me kills that play and shows everyone whats happening. Perhaps it is just a reflex at this point but I feel like when Zimmer first introduced the scheme those guys didn't move a muscle until the ball was snapped and it constantly led to QBs throwing directly into defenders. I think being more disciplined and trusting everyone will do their job could be an issue?

3: Rudolph resurgence. Get that man the ball!

This aint the end of the world. Winning 3/4 will most likely lock up a wildcard and we won't be a team anyone is looking forward to playing. Especially if Cook and Thielen can find a way to get healthy.

SKOL

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    Not all doom and gloom today after hearing about Cook. Was devastated last night.

This was a tough game against a tough team in a tough place to play. AND the VIKINGS PLAYED TOUGH.

I know the defense looked weak but this offense made the point of grinding all night to wear them down. The Vikings play the same type of game so it's going to go one way or the other. Cousins man is the truth, I'm done listening to everyone criticizing him. He only made one poor throw all night IMO and it was on the 4th and 3 (which I also thought was a poor play call).

We have life and are clearly a contender.
    3 Observations:

1: Cousins interception... If that isn't holding,illegal contact, and pass interference in one 5 second play then I don't know what is. Diggs didn't lay as much as a finger on the defender to even argue it was both guys hand fighting so they let it go. He got mugged, period! (the overall lack of calls against Seattle was a pretty favorable Home field advantage, especially in the run game)

2: Where is the disguise!! Our defense has been struggling this year and there is 1 trend I am seeing nearly every snap that I believe is a big factor in their decline (as I diagnose from the bar stool)
    This Defense has always been a hybrid and had success in disguising coverage bringing the safeties and linebackers into gaps and bailing into zone etc. Constantly leaving the QB guessing until he's 5 steps deep. Over the course of the last year (20 games) I have noticed that nearly every single play a simple hard count gets them to show their hand immediately. Leaving the Qb 10 seconds to readjust and audible as necessary. Don't get me wrong there are other issues like tackling and being in poor position. But to see Harrison Smith sell a blitz and run back 15 yards in the first 3 seconds of the play clock to me kills that play and shows everyone whats happening. Perhaps it is just a reflex at this point but I feel like when Zimmer first introduced the scheme those guys didn't move a muscle until the ball was snapped and it constantly led to QBs throwing directly into defenders. I think being more disciplined and trusting everyone will do their job could be an issue?

3: Rudolph resurgence. Get that man the ball!

This aint the end of the world. Winning 3/4 will most likely lock up a wildcard and we won't be a team anyone is looking forward to playing. Especially if Cook and Thielen can find a way to get healthy.

SKOL
    I haven't posted in here for the last couple seasons. I got jaded and just couldn't.....but last night was great news even with the loss. It really looks like Kirk has turned a page. This is the first loss in a very long time I was not mad after a loss. I like that the Vikes are showing they are able to come back at Seattle...on Prime time.....and on the road. Almost and next time! Great game Kirk! No complaints SKOL Vikings!

Quote Originally Posted by INMETSITRUST View Post
    I haven't posted in here for the last couple seasons. I got jaded and just couldn't.....but last night was great news even with the loss. It really looks like Kirk has turned a page. This is the first loss in a very long time I was not mad after a loss. I like that the Vikes are showing they are able to come back at Seattle...on Prime time.....and on the road. Almost and next time! Great game Kirk! No complaints SKOL Vikings!
    First time in the Zim era where iím a lot more worried about our defense than our offense

Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    First time in the Zim era where iím a lot more worried about our defense than our offense
    We definitely need an infusion of young talent on defense. We look too slow. I think we all knew at some point the stars like Smith and Rhodes and Griffen would slow down but I think itís happening faster than I anticipated. Last year our draft was heavy on offense. Next year it would seem smart to go heavy on defense.

2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

Iím not on the fire Zimmer train because I do think he is good. Not great but still very good. Not to take anything away from Barr but do you guys think Sheldon would have helped us more? Our DT push is not there. The good news is I do think Linval will hopefully be at his peak in about 2 weeks. We still got time to fix things up. Iím sold that we can only get the 6 seed at best. We would need GB to lose 2x and win out, just donít see it happening. Also it looks like weíll be playing GB in the first round lol.

Also I do think Stefanski is doing a great job but heís still learning. That last 4th down play call was terrible. You have Diggs run a go when heís your best route runner? Things will for sure look better with Theilan back.

Quote Originally Posted by Vikings1252 View Post
    Dude are you done?? Seriously, shut the **** up. We were down by 17 with all the momentum in Seattles favor. We fought our ***** off to come back in that game. I thought this game was over at the 17-34 mark. Give that offense credit you ****. No Theilen, we lose Cook, no Reiff at LT, defense giving up big chunks all of the field, and we STILL had a chance to win in the end. Itís tough to beat Seattle in their house, Iím proud of the team that fought their ***** off. I donít see how you blame that entire lose on Zimmer.....at least we didnít completely choke like the Packers did against San Fran. We win a couple more games weíre going to the post season and from there...anything goes! But if you wanna jump ship, be my guest. Ride and die for team. Skol!
    The defense has looked suspect all season. Watch a god damn game before you comment. Zimmer has been constantly out coached in his 5 years.

Ive been a fan since 1990. This is your first year as a fan.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Iím not on the fire Zimmer train because I do think he is good. Not great but still very good. Not to take anything away from Barr but do you guys think Sheldon would have helped us more? Our DT push is not there. The good news is I do think Linval will hopefully be at his peak in about 2 weeks. We still got time to fix things up. Iím sold that we can only get the 6 seed at best. We would need GB to lose 2x and win out, just donít see it happening. Also it looks like weíll be playing GB in the first round lol.

I still think Barr isn't used in ways that best utilize his skill set.
    Going into the year we weren't planning on Linval to be hurt, of course...but also expected more from the other DTs than we've gotten.

And carter, I'd agree the defense hasn't looked as good as expected in general, the question is how much of that is player execution and how much is coaching. I mean if players like Rhodes are getting properly coached up, but just not coming thru in games, that's on the player, not the HC.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I still think Barr isn't used in ways that best utilize his skill set.
    Going into the year we weren't planning on Linval to be hurt, of course...but also expected more from the other DTs than we've gotten.

And carter, I'd agree the defense hasn't looked as good as expected in general, the question is how much of that is player execution and how much is coaching. I mean if players like Rhodes are getting properly coached up, but just not coming thru in games, that's on the player, not the HC.
    I'm going to say it 99% not on coaching. I mean I just don't see how it is anything else. Zim has been doing this for years and he's had success with us pretty much every year up until this year. Let's just face it...this is the Viking way. When one thing is broke we fix it, then once we fix it the other thing becomes broke lol. Good grief, just can't get it together.

My thoughts...I don't feel we have peaked, especially on defense. Let's face it, we are going to be likely playing all road games to get anywhere so let's just hope we can get our **** together in the coming weeks or so.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast