Lakers @ Pelicans

Los Angeles Lakers @ New Orleans Pelicans

Date: Wednesday, Nov. 27, 2019 6:30 PM PT
    Arena: Smoothie King Center New Orleans, LA
    TV: ESPN, SPECSN

PROJECTED STARTING LINEUP

------------------------------------------------------

WIN FOR AD!

Last edited by Lakers + Giants; 11-25-2019 at 08:09 PM.

It's comical how many Pelican games ESPN scheduled when they thought they were getting Zion, and now they're going to be broadcasting a scrimmage with former Laker players.

Very interesting game, our former youngsters (if they're not injured like they often are) will try to make a statement against us.

Last game of our road trip, let's finish properly.

Alright. This is the game I was waiting for. Want to see our washed up youngsters play for NO. Im being sarcastic. Think this game will be close throughout but we will prevail down the stretch. We win by 3 points. Zo airballs a last second shot. One thing is obvious, we will have good scouting against this team. Kuz knows these guys very well.

"I set my DVR for the Biggest Loser, but it keeps recording Clippers games."

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Alright. This is the game I was waiting for. Want to see our washed up youngsters play for NO. Im being sarcastic. Think this game will be close throughout but we will prevail down the stretch. We win by 3 points. Zo airballs a last second shot. One thing is obvious, we will have good scouting against this team. Kuz knows these guys very well.

And **** Pop and the acne train he came off of. Sorry had to get that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Very interesting game, our former youngsters (if they're not injured like they often are) will try to make a statement against us.

Last game of our road trip, let's finish properly.
    Thats what my wife says sometimes.

**** them Kids!

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    **** them Kids!
    Lmao after all the good things you have been saying about them. Lakers for life.

Lonzo still hasn't found the right situation. He'll be a Marcus Smart type. It'll take some time but he'll develop into a nice two-way player.

Lakers curb stomp, Bron destroys...legs starting to get under him.

This is a good week of Lakers basketball, last night win @SA, tomorrow's game @NO (former youngsters), saturday's game vs Washington (another former youngters), and sunday's game vs Dallas (very interesting game against one of the hottest team).

Anthony Davis: Lonzo Ball, Ex-Lakers 'Are Going to Try to Take Our Heads Off'

Anthony Davis isn't expecting a warm reception in the Big Easy when the*Los Angeles Lakers*meet the*New Orleans Pelicans*on Wednesday.*

In the buildup to the game, Davis referenced the trade that sent him to Los Angeles and moved the trio of Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram and Josh Hart to New Orleans.

"It's two-folded," the Lakers star said, per The Athletic's*Bill Oram. "It's going to be me [against the] Pelicans, and then the three guys [Ball, Ingram and Hart], if they play, against the Lakers. So it's going to be a great battle. Those guys are going to try to take our heads off just to prove a point."

Davis'*trade request*this past January not only turned Pelicans fans against him but also created a*fractured dynamic*in Los Angeles when it became clear the Lakers were targeting the six-time All-Star.

ESPN's Brian Windhorst went so far to posit then-Pelicans general manager Dell Demps was leaking details of ongoing trade negotiations as part of a strategy to send the Lakers' 2018-19 season off the rails:

Rachel Nichols

✔@Rachel__Nichols

So I asked @WindhorstESPN if the Pels ever intended to seriously engage with LA on Anthony Davis, or if all the talks & leaks were instead designed to sabotage the young Lakers as revenge for what N.O. sees as tampering, & he said "it's not just possible, it's what happened."

3:26 AM - Feb 7, 2019

Twitter Ads info and privacy

3,364 people are talking about this

Things weren't much better in New Orleans. Davis effectively burned whatever bridges remained when he wrote a shirt bearing the*Looney Tunes*phrase "That's All Folks!" ahead of the last game of the season, which was seemingly a not-so-subtle assertion he wouldn't be back for 2019-20.

Sports Illustrated

✔@SInow

Anthony Davis is wearing a shirt reading "That's All Folks!" to the arena in what is likely his last game with the Pelicans

9:22 PM - Apr 9, 2019

Twitter Ads info and privacy

1,118 people are talking about this

He later*told reporters*he hadn't selected the shirt and that somebody else had laid it out for him.

The Lakers are first in the Western Conference, so everything worked out pretty well for Davis.

Ball, Ingram and Hart are all enjoying career years out of the L.A. spotlight too. Nobody has benefited more than Ingram, who's averaging*26.1 points and shooting 45.9 percent from three-point range.

Still, the trio will undoubtedly carry a chip on their shoulder when they face off with their old team.

@spurs

could have gotten ingram, kuzma, ball etc and picks, if Pop agreed to trade Kawhi to the Lakers. Instead, they settled for DeRozan.

@Lakers

got AD because they still have the trade pieces. Thanks Spurs!

33000 points milestone coming up for LeBron, needs only 21.

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast