Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Some diamonds in the rough

Bless Austin
    After just three games, Austin has earned rave reviews from fans and teammates alike as he has consistently shut down opposing receivers, leading to increased production from the front seven. The high praise from onlookers has a correlating grade with the folks at Pro Football Focus as well. As good as fans think Austin has been, PFF says heís even better. In terms of cornerbacks with at least 150 snaps played, Austin grades out at a whopping 87.5 which is good enough to rank him third among all cornerbacks in the NFL.

Small sample size indeed with just 154 snaps played, but per PFF, among CB's with at least 150 snaps, Bless Austin grades out as the 3rd best CB in the NFL at 87.5. Hell of a start to his career for this young man.

ó Glenn Naughton (@AceFan23) November 25, 2019

DL Folorunso Fatukasi:
    A sixth-round pick last season who didnít see the field as a rookie, Fatukasi has been dominant in year two and gives the Jets a high-level player who can step in and play along side and eventually replace Steve McLendon. McLendon is an underrated player by fans, but is an integral part of the defense. When he steps down in a year or two, the Jets wonít have to worry about who will step in and control the point of attack in the middle of the defense.

TE Ryan Griffin:
    Griffin earned a contract extension late last week and the Jets will have a nice 1-2 punch at tight end next season when Chris Herndon returns. Prior to Griffin stepping up, the Jets had a sidelined Herndon and a bunch of question marks. As Trevon Wescoís reps are starting to see an uptick, the Jets top 3 tight ends could be set for the next several years.

DL Kyle Phillips:

Outside of third overall pick Quinnen Williams, Henry Anderson, an aging Steve McLendon and an imminently departing Leonard Williams, the Jets D-line was loaded with questions heading in to next off season. Phillips is consistently making plays around the line of scrimmage and in opposing backfields. The undrafted free agent out of Tennessee is legitimately one of the biggest surprises of the season. The Jets could also add Tarell Basham and Nathan Shepherd as players who are doing enough to stick around in the future as theyíre all playing a role in the Jets defense currently being ranked number one in the NFL.

CB Arthur Maulet:

Maulet doesnít get the attention Austin has received thus far, but he has easily been good enough to show he can play in the NFL. As recently as a few weeks ago, Jets fans viewed cornerback as a spot with zero NFL caliber players going in to next season. With the emergence of Austin and Maulet, he need for additional corners is still present, but Austin fills the role of a starter if healthy while Maulet could do the same, or at the very least, provide depth.

ILB Neville Hewitt:

Hewitt has done a fantastic job when called upon this season as a myriad of linebackers have fallen due to injury. Hewitt should hang around for a while with the Jets and give Joe Douglas a reliable and versatile veteran who can be used in a variety of ways.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    If pray for his tour our sake Austin stays healthy. If he does, he could be an impressive addition and save us a search.
    If Maulet is legit as well? Damn

Next years CBs Austin-Maulet-Poole

Fatukasi has been great and so has Hewitt.

I love seeing guys like this get a chance and succeed.

**** off. Where's my title

What a find Austin has been!

We need to start hitting on some low picks like him moving forward and this ship will turn around quick.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    What a find Austin has been!

We need to start hitting on some low picks like him moving forward and this ship will turn around quick.
    Cashman, Austin, Fatukusi are all late rounders. It is a nice change to see these guys playing like this.
    Also Shepard and Jordan are 3rd rounders.

In short, at least Mac wasn't idzik. He left the team with some very good players, a good young QB and loot.

Poole, Maulet, Jenkins, Anderson, and Lewis all have to be resigned. We signed Griffin and that was a good start.
    Last edited by flfan1943; 11-26-2019 at 10:55 AM.

Nice to finally have some hidden gems for once.

Jets rookie CB Bless Austin broke Hunter Renfrowís rib & punctured his lung on this play. Clean, hard hit. https://t.co/fJ786ktLyg pic.twitter.com/VAO0CZjR7D

ó Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN) November 25, 2019

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Howthe **** did Renfrow continue to play with a punctured lung?
    That's nuts. It must not have fully punctured and collapsed.

That was such a good hit.

Goes to show, canít judge a GM as soon as the draft is over.

Macs draft this year has been rock solid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    Goes to show, canít judge a GM as soon as the draft is over.

Macs draft this year has been rock solid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    While that might be the case, He has plenty of misses throughout his tenure.

But Last year's draft is probably a better draft than this year's.

Maye and Adams have been a great tandem.

Some diamonds in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Cashman, Austin, Fatukusi are all late rounders. It is a nice change to see these guys playing like this.
    Also Shepard and Jordan are 3rd rounders.

In short, at least Mac wasn't idzik. He left the team with some very good players, a good young QB and loot.
    Why was he fired then? I didnít mind him tbh

I think he definitely made some misses, but a lot of that was due to trying to find a franchise QB.

Now that Darnold is secured as our likely franchise QB, building teams seems a lot easier since we no longer need to waste picks or trade up for a QB.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 11-26-2019 at 08:10 PM.

Macís biggest issue/failure was his neglect of the o-line, especially through the draft. Thatís probably reason #1 why heís gone.

These ďdiamondsĒ were given a shot with this coaching staff. Some have risen to the occasion when they got the opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Why was he fired then? I didnít mind him tbh

I think he definitely made some misses, but a lot of that was due to trying to find a franchise QB.

Now that Darnold is secured as our likely franchise QB, building teams seems a lot easier since we no longer need to waste picks or trade up for a QB.
    My honest guess is a difference in philosophy between Gase and Mac is the reason he's gone. The bros johnson trusted in Gase.

His drafts were average and he didn't do enough to address the line in the draft or FA.

Sam, Adams, Q were all no brainers.
    Maye was his only second round pick to hit. I think that was a big issue
    Jenkins and Shepard 3rd round
    Herndon, Shell, Edoga 4rth round (Shell, Edoga were the only linemen Mac drafted. I think this was huge)
    Then you have aforementioned, Cashman, Fatukasi, Austin

Sam, Adams, Q, Maye, Jenkins, Shepard, Shell all had significant playing time. This year, Fatukasi got a shot and killed it.
    Cashman had a great summer and earned some reps. After injuries, he got a shot and was really good.
    Austin got his shot after injuries and ineffectiveness, has been great. He was a second round pick if not for the injuries.
    And Wesco, one of my favorite picks is unsung and I think will play a solid role going forward.

This year had so many injuries the many of these guys got good looks

11 starters from his drafts over 4 drafts. Not bad but not good enough to convince the owners that you deserved to keep the gig.
    It is ironic as hell that his last draft may be his most successful

I would like to add a few players to keep an eye on as possible additional gems. Linebackers Burgess and Basham.
    Wide receivers Berrios and Smith. Burgess and Basham are hard hitters. Smith is the same size and has the same speed as Anderson.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast