Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    its not absurd at all... Giannis is about to get a supermax contract and he still has a major flaw... his shooting... if it were anybody else id take giannis no doubt... i was on the i dont believe in doncic train but there is no holes in his game and he is a bargain for years to come. Giannis would be a distant 2nd if i could choose any player in the league to start my team with.
    You don't really have a grasp on player evaluation. While Luka is playing great, Giannis is in his own universe right now. He's the engine to the second best offense in the NBA, and the anchor to the best defense in the NBA. Luka can be one of these two things. In the past 40 years, you can probably count on one hand the number of players that can be both the centerpiece of the best offense in the NBA and centerpiece of the best defense, and Giannis is one of them.

Furthermore, you're flaunting your ignorance by talking about Giannis' shooting like its some major knock against him. Having a more varied scoring arsenal doesn't inherently mean you're a more equitable offensive player. By your logic you would take KAT over prime Shaq.

You really need to step back and rethink how to properly assess players, because you're way off. There's a reason that the Bucks are currently playing at a 70 win pace with a higher Net Rtg than the 73 win Warriors, just like there's a reason why the Mavs are playing at a 45 win pace. Luka impacts only half the game, while Giannis has the same impact on offense as Luka, he also has a DPOY impact on the other end. You're just being super lazy with your assessment and treating player analysis like its a 2 minute First Take segment. Use your brain more.

Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    You don't really have a grasp on player evaluation. While Luka is playing great, Giannis is in his own universe right now. He's the engine to the second best offense in the NBA, and the anchor to the best defense in the NBA. Luka can be one of these two things. In the past 40 years, you can probably count on one hand the number of players that can be both the centerpiece of the best offense in the NBA and centerpiece of the best defense, and Giannis is one of them.

Furthermore, you're flaunting your ignorance by talking about Giannis' shooting like its some major knock against him. Having a more varied scoring arsenal doesn't inherently mean you're a more equitable offensive player. By your logic you would take KAT over prime Shaq.

You really need to step back and rethink how to properly assess players, because you're way off. There's a reason that the Bucks are currently playing at a 70 win pace with a higher Net Rtg than the 73 win Warriors, just like there's a reason why the Mavs are playing at a 45 win pace. Luka impacts only half the game, while Giannis has the same impact on offense as Luka, he also has a DPOY impact on the other end. You're just being super lazy with your assessment and treating player analysis like its a 2 minute First Take segment. Use your brain more.
    when did i once say luka is better than giannis???????????????? luka hasnt even played 1 and a half seasons yet and he is so far ahead of where any current player not named james or durant were when they entered the league... The bucks are amazing as is giannis but this isnt about who is better nor is my assessment... giannis and lebron are the 2 best players in the sport but doncic currently is doing something we have not even seen lebron do this quickly when he entered the league or hell jordan himself.... the bucks are also loaded and giannis has been playing with most of his guys for a few years now where is doncic has come right in and picked up the game and got better faster than jordan/giannis/lebron....

what giannis is doing this year it took him 7 years to get this good... it took doncic less than 100 games to be damn close..... giannis is about to cost the bucks 250 million this off season which will limit what they can put around him going forward... its not just about the players but the overall situation and you cant go wrong with either but the doncic situation/player looks a hell of a lot more juicy going forward.

the bucks are playing at a 70 win pace with a super cool net rating wowowow... how did that turn out last year? the bucks right now have the better team/more time together and havent had that difficult of a schedule so far... they will be the best team in the east no doubt and giannis is the best player in the world but when you factor in everything id rather go with the kid who hasnt played 100 games and is doing things we have never seen before and will be cost controlled for the next several seasons while his game translates better to the playoffs
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 12-11-2019 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    He's [Giannis] the engine to the second best offense in the NBA, and the anchor to the best defense in the NBA.

There's a reason that the Bucks are currently playing at a 70 win pace with a higher Net Rtg than the 73 win Warriors, just like there's a reason why the Mavs are playing at a 45 win pace.

Just wanted to comment on these two points.

1.) If Giannis is the engine behind the second best offense, who is the engine behind the first best offense in the NBA so far?

2.) Unless my math sucks, I have the Mavericks on pace to win 57 games with their current winning percentage, not 45. One of their wins came against Giannis too.

Now, I'm not saying Luka is currently better than Giannis, but I can understand why someone would want to start a franchise with a younger Luka over Giannis right now. Your other points were fair though. Giannis doesn't quite have the same impact on offense as Luka but he does have a DPOY caliber impact on defense while Luka is merely above-average on that end.

What I want to see is how each performs in the playoffs. Giannis has a lot to prove...
    Last edited by Redrum187; 12-11-2019 at 04:29 PM.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    when did i once say luka is better than giannis???????????????? luka hasnt even played 1 and a half seasons yet and he is so far ahead of where any current player not named james or durant were when they entered the league... The bucks are amazing as is giannis but this isnt about who is better nor is my assessment... giannis and lebron are the 2 best players in the sport but doncic currently is doing something we have not even seen lebron do this quickly when he entered the league or hell jordan himself.... the bucks are also loaded and giannis has been playing with most of his guys for a few years now where is doncic has come right in and picked up the game and got better faster than jordan/giannis/lebron....

what giannis is doing this year it took him 7 years to get this good... it took doncic less than 100 games to be damn close..... giannis is about to cost the bucks 250 million this off season which will limit what they can put around him going forward... its not just about the players but the overall situation and you cant go wrong with either but the doncic situation/player looks a hell of a lot more juicy going forward.

the bucks are playing at a 70 win pace with a super cool net rating wowowow... how did that turn out last year? the bucks right now have the better team/more time together and havent had that difficult of a schedule so far... they will be the best team in the east no doubt and giannis is the best player in the world but when you factor in everything id rather go with the kid who hasnt played 100 games and is doing things we have never seen before and will be cost controlled for the next several seasons while his game translates better to the playoffs
    Fair points. Luka has managed to take a lottery team and improve them to a 3rd seed in the superior West in 1.25 seasons. He is outproducing LeBron/Jordan/Giannis thus far in his early career.

This could all change quickly though. The safe bet would be to pick Giannis for the future... I say this and I'm gay for Doncic... he's my favorite player... BUT, it's absolutely reasonable to gamble and say Doncic will continue to improve and be even better than Giannis is today when he reaches that age. I'm just a fan, so I can easily gamble and say Doncic will be better than Giannis in the future because I have nothing to lose... lol
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

Itís not Tyler Herro anymore, itís Bam Adebayo

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    You're acting like Giannis is ben simmons shooting. He's light years better; it's like going from the previous president to current president. giannis is knocking down 3's left and right this year and actually has a 3 pt shot that is better than Jojo O. If you watched giannis this year you wouldn't have said that. You saying Giannis cant shoot is like saying: Embiid is a lesser version of oden because oden won a title and embiid can;t get out the second round". Completely ill informed and based on past narratives.
    Our current President is light years better. Good point :P

Quote Originally Posted by basketfan4life View Post
    Or may be Anthony Davis ? He is kind of outplaying lebron right now.
    He is kind of not outplaying lebron. Lebron is leading the league in assists while averaging 26 pts a game.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

doncic with another insane performance tonight...

41-12-11 on 58 fg pct and 48 3pct

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Our current President is light years better. Good point :P
    that's his stance bro. relax

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345