Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 69
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    21,529

    The Heir To The Throne Isn't Giannis or Kawhi. It's Doncic.

    This kid is going to be legendary. I've been watching Mavs games this year and aside from the numbers which are already astounding, Doncic is fearless. He doesn't give a **** who he's going against. He can already beat defenders any way he wants. Just by looking at him you can see how confident he is already as a 20 year old. I was baffled when he didn't go 1st overall after winning MVP in the 2nd best professional basketball league.

    Obviously he's not as good defensively as Giannis or Kawhi but it's not like he's a bad defender. Offensively though I can't remember seeing this complete of a player at 20 years old.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    44,790
    And KP hasn't been very good. He is a still a monster target who presence is felt but if he start finding some efficiency look out
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    20,642
    He is very impressive.
    Its about winning, Stoudemire said. You win, youre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you dont win, nobody really wants to see you.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    2,995
    You could be right.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,415
    With the way the game is played and how guys have watered down stats. Bird would be goat playing in this era with the way he handles, shoots and sees the floor. He's a better passer and shooter vs. Doncic, better iq and instincts.

    As big of a Luka fan as I am, I am tired of guys being over hyped with historical stats because the regular season style of game and reffing makes its so easy to put up ridic digits. Not to mention the lack of defense, resting guys, and tanking.

    Clyde IMO is a better baller vs. Harden, but Harden is hyped up and padded his stats to go down as a historically better player. At this point Luka will be better vs. Bird. I'd take Stockton over Nash, and Mark price would of benefited from the rule changes and be on par with Nash barring health if he played in the Modern game.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,960
    Naw, its Siakam.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Metroplex
    Posts
    2,433
    Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    With the way the game is played and how guys have watered down stats. Bird would be goat playing in this era with the way he handles, shoots and sees the floor. He's a better passer and shooter vs. Doncic, better iq and instincts.

    As big of a Luka fan as I am, I am tired of guys being over hyped with historical stats because the regular season style of game and reffing makes its so easy to put up ridic digits. Not to mention the lack of defense, resting guys, and tanking.

    Clyde IMO is a better baller vs. Harden, but Harden is hyped up and padded his stats to go down as a historically better player. At this point Luka will be better vs. Bird. I'd take Stockton over Nash, and Mark price would of benefited from the rule changes and be on par with Nash barring health if he played in the Modern game.
    Pace still isnt quite as high today as it was in the 70s through Lakers Showtime era. Slowed down dramatically in early to mid 90s during Jordan's run. The biggest change is hand check rules and the fact that we figured out a 3 point shot is worth more than a 2 point shot.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    111,218
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    And KP hasn't been very good. He is a still a monster target who presence is felt but if he start finding some efficiency look out
    his defense is pretty nasty... its mostly just his scoring inside the perimeter which is the problem which is nuts for a guy with his touch

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    8,497
    I can't disagree. Guy is a monster.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    15,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    With the way the game is played and how guys have watered down stats. Bird would be goat playing in this era with the way he handles, shoots and sees the floor. He's a better passer and shooter vs. Doncic, better iq and instincts.

    As big of a Luka fan as I am, I am tired of guys being over hyped with historical stats because the regular season style of game and reffing makes its so easy to put up ridic digits. Not to mention the lack of defense, resting guys, and tanking.

    Clyde IMO is a better baller vs. Harden, but Harden is hyped up and padded his stats to go down as a historically better player. At this point Luka will be better vs. Bird. I'd take Stockton over Nash, and Mark price would of benefited from the rule changes and be on par with Nash barring health if he played in the Modern game.
    Disagree with all of this

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    15,276
    This is the year of the white athlete. First Mccafrey now Luka. Both are arguably the best at there sport and easily top 5. Wow good for them. I got nothing but respect for these two beasts. I really like Luka. If I was making a team hed be my starting PG.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    2,995
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Disagree with all of this
    I do as well.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    46,110
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Disagree with all of this
    I disagree with all of this.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    111,218
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    I disagree with all of this.
    I disagree with all of this

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,415
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Disagree with all of this
    Bird would put up crazy digits in this era. Probably 30 plus if Luka can. Bird's shot, handles, passing, ability to grab boards and manipulate defenses will be just as effective if not more than Luka. He'd just have to learn the pick n roll game and it's over. Not saying he'd be goat, but he'll be hyped up hard because he'll put up crazy over-inflated digits like everyone is in this watered down era.

    Regular season offense basketball is basically over inflated stats due to a soft game and soft whistle. Even Doncic is getting almost Harden treatment with his trips to the line. The difference is he isn't intentionally flopping like James.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •