Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    This kid is going to be legendary. I've been watching Mavs games this year and aside from the numbers which are already astounding, Doncic is fearless. He doesn't give a **** who he's going against. He can already beat defenders any way he wants. Just by looking at him you can see how confident he is already as a 20 year old. I was baffled when he didn't go 1st overall after winning MVP in the 2nd best professional basketball league.

Obviously he's not as good defensively as Giannis or Kawhi but it's not like he's a bad defender. Offensively though I can't remember seeing this complete of a player at 20 years old.
    Who was the last Euro player to go #1? We often don't see or pay attention to Euro players, I was surprised years ago when the lakers too D'Lo over Porz but that's because people don't pay attention to the Euro players.

do you want to know how insane doncic is? 99.9 percent of basketball followers would take him over giannis and it wouldnt be close... really think about that

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    do you want to know how insane doncic is? 99.9 percent of basketball followers would take him over giannis and it wouldnt be close... really think about that
    Part of that might just be years of control though.

I'd still take Giannis at this point.

You wanna to know the really insane thing about Doncic?

The Hawks got, budding super star tre young, and a future top 10 pick (turned out to be Cam Reddish) and they still lost that trade.

That's how great Doncic is.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Who was the last Euro player to go #1? We often don't see or pay attention to Euro players, I was surprised years ago when the lakers too D'Lo over Porz but that's because people don't pay attention to the Euro players.
    I don’t wanna talk about the last euro player to go 1st overall......

I don’t think it’s lack of attention to Euro players but more so an excess amount of hype in the NCAA. Luka was a special case though. He won MVP on the championship team who plays in the 2nd best professional basketball league in the world. The majority of NCAA players would probably never find themselves playing in Euro Basket.

Lol you've lost it. 99.9% of NBA fans would take Greg oden over Embiid because unlike Embiid, Oden can get out of the second round and actually win in the postseason.
    MTM is my puppet and I am his puppet master.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Lol you've lost it. 99.9% of NBA fans would take Greg oden over Embiid because unlike Embiid, Oden can get out of the second round and actually win in the postseason.
    Both of these statements are absurd. You both need to get over yourselves—you're equally awful.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I don’t wanna talk about the last euro player to go 1st overall......

I don’t think it’s lack of attention to Euro players but more so an excess amount of hype in the NCAA. Luka was a special case though. He won MVP on the championship team who plays in the 2nd best professional basketball league in the world. The majority of NCAA players would probably never find themselves playing in Euro Basket.
    LOL
    Andrea Bargnani

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Part of that might just be years of control though.

I'd still take Giannis at this point.

You wanna to know the really insane thing about Doncic?

The Hawks got, budding super star tre young, and a future top 10 pick (turned out to be Cam Reddish) and they still lost that trade.

That's how great Doncic is.
    This.

Just for context lets say Clevland after drafting LBJ traded him to Toronto for Chris Bosh and a future first in the following draft that would have ended up being Andre Igudala.

Bosh is probably a HoF and Iggy is a Hall of REALLY REALLY good, the two together don't equal the production LBJ has put up.

That's what this Luka for Tre Young trade looks like.

Or may be Anthony Davis ? He is kind of outplaying lebron right now.

Luka isn't even one of the top 2 foreigners tonight. No reason we sohuld be talking about him or giannis.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Both of these statements are absurd. You both need to get over yourselves—you're equally awful.
    its not absurd at all... Giannis is about to get a supermax contract and he still has a major flaw... his shooting... if it were anybody else id take giannis no doubt... i was on the i dont believe in doncic train but there is no holes in his game and he is a bargain for years to come. Giannis would be a distant 2nd if i could choose any player in the league to start my team with.

It’s Tyler Herro.

its not absurd at all... Giannis is about to get a supermax contract and he still has a major flaw... his shooting... if it were anybody else id take giannis no doubt... i was on the i dont believe in doncic train but there is no holes in his game and he is a bargain for years to come. Giannis would be a distant 2nd if i could choose any player in the league to start my team with.
    You're acting like Giannis is ben simmons shooting. He's light years better; it's like going from the previous president to current president. giannis is knocking down 3's left and right this year and actually has a 3 pt shot that is better than Jojo O. If you watched giannis this year you wouldn't have said that. You saying Giannis cant shoot is like saying: Embiid is a lesser version of oden because oden won a title and embiid can;t get out the second round". Completely ill informed and based on past narratives.

IDK, Freek is a beast and a work horse. I think that last part matters. His shot is getting better and I don't think he is going to stop working.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast