Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Gore hits 3rd all time, admonishes media for ignoring Singletary

https://www.wkbw.com/sports/buffalo-...ills-backfield

"First 100 man," Gore said while Singletary answered questions. "I love that kid. He's very humble. He kind of reminds me of myself. He doesn't say much and he just plays ball."

"Hes like a little brother, man," Gore said of his 22-year-old counterpart. "Ever since he got drafted Ive had him in my hip pocket. He listens to everything I say. Hes a great kid, great natural. He has a chance to be big in this league. He has no other choice but to keep working. Im going to stay on the phone with him every day, even when Im done."

Gore can probably last long enough to beat Walter Payton too. Would like to see it as a Bill assuming they can keep splitting Singletary. Bad feeling he ends up with one last go with the Pats or something, though.
    Dak: 15,778 @ 65.8%, 7.6 per att, 97+21 TD, 36 INT+31 FMB, 97.0 Rate
    Wentz: 14,191 @ 63.8%, 6.9 per att, 97+3 TD, 35 INT+48 FMB, 92.7 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

It feels like I have been watching Frank Gore play football for at least 30 years.

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats
    .542AVG/.562OBP/.889SLG/1.451OPS/21RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)
    Selected to All-Conference Team
    Selected First Team All-District Team
    Selected First Team All-Region Team
    Verbal Commitment to State Fair Community College

He's had an unbelievable career, forgot he still plays

I remember someone on PSD had a Frank Gore 49ers sig when he first came into the league.

The Lost Boys of PSD

The fact he passed Barry on a 3 yard run is the most frank gore thing ever lol

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Only took him 221 games compared to 153 for Barry. 221 games as a RB is a hell of a lot the guy is tough as nails. Emmitt Smith only played 226 games, Gore is almost there..

I dont care if he is number 1 all time. I dont think you should get in for being above average for a very long time.

He was elite for one, maybe 2 years. Solid the rest of his career and never sniffed elite again.

Its impressive as hell but I dont care if he plays 10 more years and gets to 20k plus yards.

He'll get in, but its stupid imo.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I dont care if he is number 1 all time. I dont think you should get in for being above average for a very long time.

He was elite for one, maybe 2 years. Solid the rest of his career and never sniffed elite again.

Its impressive as hell but I dont care if he plays 10 more years and gets to 20k plus yards.

He'll get in, but its stupid imo.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Its not that big of a deal. The NFL lets everyone in their HOF, certainly guys with career resumes that aren't nearly as good.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Its not that big of a deal. The NFL lets everyone in their HOF, certainly guys with career resumes that aren't nearly as good.
    Only 326 people have played in the NFL?

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Figuratively speaking obviously. Compare the NFL HOF class year to year to MLB, the NHL, etc. There seems to be at least 4-5 players elected every year.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-26-2019 at 01:12 PM.

Im a fan of prioritizing peak level over how long someone played but theres a point where the longevity is too much to deny. Theres honestly never been a time where I felt Gore was a HOF caliber back for full disclosure, but playing as long as he has and being productive for it is exemplary and worth recognition. Id put him in, though not at the expense of some other guy. Id probably have a wait on it but eventually Id put him in.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Mad respect for Gore and props for staying healthy and out there playing ball. But I can't put him ahead of guys who done it in less years and carries. Dudes on his 100th season of course hes breaking records.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    is that how many is in HOF? geeez
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Figuratively speaking obviously. Compare the NFL HOF class year to year to MLB, the NHL, etc. There seems to be at least 4-5 players elected every year.
    Roster Size:
    NBA - 17
    NHL - 23
    MLB - 25 / 40
    NFL - 53

I'd expect the NFL to let in at least 2x as many players into the HOF every year compared to other sports.
    Dak: 15,778 @ 65.8%, 7.6 per att, 97+21 TD, 36 INT+31 FMB, 97.0 Rate
    Wentz: 14,191 @ 63.8%, 6.9 per att, 97+3 TD, 35 INT+48 FMB, 92.7 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Roster Size:
    NBA - 17
    NHL - 23
    MLB - 25 / 40
    NFL - 53

I'd expect the NFL to let in at least 2x as many players into the HOF every year compared to other sports.
    40 man rosters don't mean anything in MLB because only 26 (as of 2020) are active major leaguers.

I'm aware of that. It doesn't change how many players go in comparison to other sports hall of fames. There are years MLB elects no one. The criteria is certainly not as stringent in the NFL. Gore will make it. Fans underestimate how much longevity means in a sport where the average lifespan is 3 years. Gore has played 15 and has 8 one thousand yard seasons.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-26-2019 at 04:12 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast