Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    The pro Mitch arguments are deflating with each and every reported stat. First Leno and now this lol.

I mean, I get some of the complaints about Nagy, but at the same time I think some of them are overblown. He's still a very inexperienced playcaller, but his scheme is designed to get players open in space and it does that. He isn't great at gameflow, the run game has sucked for almost 2 full seasons, and the OL has regressed, but you can overcome some of these things if you're not trotting out the worst starting QB in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I mean, I get some of the complaints about Nagy, but at the same time I think some of them are overblown. He's still a very inexperienced playcaller, but his scheme is designed to get players open in space and it does that. He isn't great at gameflow, the run game has sucked for almost 2 full seasons, and the OL has regressed, but you can overcome some of these things if you're not trotting out the worst starting QB in the league.
    The OL needs to be fixed and it started to regress once Nagy came aboard. My problem with Nagy is heís just not adaptable. Show me a successful HC that doesnít adapt year after year. Yet alone game to game or mid game. Thatís a problem.

Admittedly, itís hard to completely judge Nagy with Mitch at QB, but you could still find a lot of faults with him. Like you said, game flow and play calling. Crucial late game situations. I still think more competent coaches could scheme to Mitchís strengths. Not saying Mitch would be great, but I think thereís a lot of guys who could have been more productive. Iím also not a fan of his laid back, hyper optimistic spin on everything. Itís nice to find silver linings, but itís even better to find a mirror every now and then. The team is super undisciplined, and generally have not shown up to play starting from the very first game of the season. Well, the offense wasnít ready...and thatís Nagys domain.

Heíll be back next year, no doubt. If I had to make a prediction, I donít think Nagys the guy and even with a better QB, I donít feel his offense is going to ever be anything special. I just think heís too set in his ways, and doesnít maximize the talent he has. Not that he has a ton, but he has enough. Weíll see what happens but it seriously wouldnít surprise me to see Mitch starting again next year. Hiestand and Helfrich will be fired, theyíll add an OG and maybe OT, and say Mitch wasnít the only problem. I hope Iím wrong, but #Bears.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    The OL needs to be fixed and it started to regress once Nagy came aboard. My problem with Nagy is heís just not adaptable. Show me a successful HC that doesnít adapt year after year. Yet alone game to game or mid game. Thatís a problem.

Admittedly, itís hard to completely judge Nagy with Mitch at QB, but you could still find a lot of faults with him. Like you said, game flow and play calling. Crucial late game situations. I still think more competent coaches could scheme to Mitchís strengths. Not saying Mitch would be great, but I think thereís a lot of guys who could have been more productive. Iím also not a fan of his laid back, hyper optimistic spin on everything. Itís nice to find silver linings, but itís even better to find a mirror every now and then. The team is super undisciplined, and generally have not shown up to play starting from the very first game of the season. Well, the offense wasnít ready...and thatís Nagys domain.

Heíll be back next year, no doubt. If I had to make a prediction, I donít think Nagys the guy and even with a better QB, I donít feel his offense is going to ever be anything special. I just think heís too set in his ways, and doesnít maximize the talent he has. Not that he has a ton, but he has enough. Weíll see what happens but it seriously wouldnít surprise me to see Mitch starting again next year. Hiestand and Helfrich will be fired, theyíll add an OG and maybe OT, and say Mitch wasnít the only problem. I hope Iím wrong, but #Bears.
    God this would be so depressing, but I can see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    The pro Mitch arguments are deflating with each and every reported stat. First Leno and now this lol.
    I'll reiterate; this is intriguing.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617