Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Boring day of games from an eastern conference fan perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    Boring day of games from an eastern conference fan perspective.
    You are in the East but you couldnt enjoy Luka dropping 41 6 and 10 on Houston?

Luka is a beast.

West Allstar starting 5 is gonna be tough

PG Luka/Lillard
    SG Harden/PG13/Booker
    SF Bron/KL/Wiggins
    PF AD/Harrell
    C Towns/Jokic

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Luka is a beast.

West Allstar starting 5 is gonna be tough

PG Luka/Lillard
    SG Harden/PG13/Booker
    SF Bron/KL/Wiggins
    PF AD/Harrell
    C Towns/Jokic
    Unless they say Luka is a forward again this year to try to get him votes.

But yeah, especially with Curry being inconsequential, Luka’s a lock no matter where they put him.
    Last edited by Saddletramp; 11-25-2019 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    I should have prefaced my comment with actual performance in age 20 season while playing in NBA. I think the short list is Lebron and Luka.
    Luka is a the **** but I feel we are getting carried away b/c we are in a "juiced ball" era. I would have to look at other players that were in the league at 20. Magic comes to mind

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Luka is a the **** but I feel we are getting carried away b/c we are in a "juiced ball" era. I would have to look at other players that were in the league at 20. Magic comes to mind
    Still doesnt match the pace of play of the late 70s and early 80s when Magic and Bird joined. Of course eFG% is at an all time high from a league wide perspective because using the concepts of advanced analytics brilliant minds across the country figured out that 3 points is worth more than 2. A novel concept indeed.

Still doesnt match the pace of play of the late 70s and early 80s when Magic and Bird joined. Of course eFG% is at an all time high from a league wide perspective because using the concepts of advanced analytics brilliant minds across the country figured out that 3 points is worth more than 2. A novel concept indeed.
    not being able to breath on ball handlers or contest jump shots with a spread floor helps a little too
    Last edited by ewing; 11-25-2019 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Its more than just pace but the way the game is legislated that have helped the barrage of 3's too. But yes, the Floor fis more spaced out for more players than ever before.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Its more than just pace but the way the game is legislated that have helped the barrage of 3's too. But yes, the Floor fis more spaced out for more players than ever before.
    No doubt the game is legislated different now but thats all the more reason if guys were smart back then (analytics) they would have proactively spread floor out and taken more 3's. The only reason they didnt was because it was a taboo to shoot long shots. They voluntarily agreed to get mugged taking it to the hole. Nobody literally was stopping guys in 80s and 90s from actually taking 3's right?

No doubt the game is legislated different now but thats all the more reason if guys were smart back then (analytics) they would have proactively spread floor out and taken more 3's. The only reason they didnt was because it was a taboo to shoot long shots. They voluntarily agreed to get mugged taking it to the hole. Nobody literally was stopping guys in 80s and 90s from actually taking 3's right?
    Right, but it was also harder to create those drive and kick 3's that we see today because you could actually leverage your strength against the ball handler to a higher degree. Today's playmakers go unfettered into the lane, which is why we've seen the death of true PG's, their specialization was no longer necessary. The league allowed zones a long time ago in part because they wanted to see more shooting and less iso, it took awhile and another rule change to make it happen but this is sort of what they envisioned.

And before we **** on the quants of that era, keep in mind the game is STILL evolving, the math was made clear awhile ago but we still havent figured out just how far we can push the envelope. Kids these days are also developing that shot more than ever based on watching the game. Imagine being a player in the 70's when they all of sudden introduced the shot in the 80's, you extended your range to a certain point for a reason, it took awhile for more players to grow up watching 3's become normalized.

gasol daddying joel per usual lolololol... we need to sign him in the off season as well... having the only 2 dudes that daddy joel on our team is beneficial man.

seriously though gasol is such a smart ****ing defender.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123