Jokic
    PG
    AD
    Lillard
    Siakam
    Bradley Beal
    Karl-Anthony Towns
    Jimmy Butler

That 15 is completely and utterly unassailable. If you have Westbrook in his current incarnation above any of them, you are wrong. I would also take the following players over him without much hesitation, but you can argue this all you want:

Klay (assuming reasonable recovery prognosis)
    Kyrie
    Kemba
    Jrue
    McCollum
    Devin Booker
    Trae Young
    Jayson Tatum
    Rudy Gobert

So that's 24 that I feel very comfortable taking above Russ right now, 25 if you want to count Durant. I think we'll also probably have Zion above him by the end of the year. So no, Russ isn't a top 20 player anymore. More like top-25ish.

I'm aware he's not being used ideally, but go back and look at last year's Thunder where the whole team revolved around him even when he wasn't their best player. I'm not gonna sit here and say "we can't judge Russ until he has the perfect all shooters and defenders lineup around him." He is who he is, a fading supernova that has never really adjusted his game to reflect his decline.
    POOP

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    heavens no. not in any role. his best days are clearly behind him, hes been on the decline for like 3 or 4 years now. at this point hes a marginal upgrade on cp3 today much less the cp3 from even a year ago, which is why the rockets are not really impressive with the 2 stars on the floor. they blitz the opposition when harden is the sole guy, and yes, much like cp3 the 2 years before him, RWB crushes in the dantoni system as the sole playmaker but the team isnt nearly as good and nowhere near as good when cp3 was the sole guy, the year harden had his mvp season. another example of floor vs ceiling raisers. cp3 ***** on Rwb as a tertiary figure. I find both equal as leaders on their own

could he produce at a higher rate given the opportunity... sure, but Harden is unwilling to play off the ball, hes tearing up the league so it's kind of hard to convince him to but its definitely causing the worstbrook. it is early but I remember when bron and wade first came together, it was a struggle but they were playing nice with the ur turn my turn thing, maybe RWB is beyond that point in his career to justify the approach and everyone knows to survive around Hardens demanding style.

one things for sure, they ain't winning the chip. I'd bet my life savings on that
    Are you talking about the the same guy that won an mvp and averaged a triple double in the last few seasons?
    WB is adjusting to Hadrden and letting Harden be the guy. Something he was criticized for not doing when playing with Durant. He knows this is Hardens team. Hes never really played in a role. He was always the ball dominant guy so this is a huge adjustment. But at his age and explosive athleticism I dont buy that's hes declined that much.

I get the criticism but I like his age and contract better for the Rockets. Russ can grow to be a great 2nd option it he plays with that mind set.

Westbrook is just a classic case of not good enough to be a #1 on a title team but unable to amend his game to work as a #2. Amazing talent, fun to watch, seems to genuinely care about his teammates but it just doesn’t translate to his play.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Russ has always been the best PG athlete in the NBA, and he has undeniable skills, but he has very rarely shown the sort of team intellect to be great for his team. Top 20 value right now? Probably not. On a terrible team? Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Are you talking about the the same guy that won an mvp and averaged a triple double in the last few seasons?
    WB is adjusting to Hadrden and letting Harden be the guy. Something he was criticized for not doing when playing with Durant. He knows this is Hardens team. Hes never really played in a role. He was always the ball dominant guy so this is a huge adjustment. But at his age and explosive athleticism I dont buy that's hes declined that much.

I get the criticism but I like his age and contract better for the Rockets. Russ can grow to be a great 2nd option it he plays with that mind set.
    I know hes trying to adapt, Im saying hes not very good at adapting. CP3 didn't struggle to adapt to this degree. Paul George adapted to playing with RWB and now Kawhi and he fits in seamlessly, there are certain players who can adapt and certain guys who struggle adapting. RWB has been declining for years now, I dont see that same athlete. IDK about his contract, isn't it longer? I still think you make the trade cuz Harden likes him

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12