Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

FBI Official under investigation for altering document to obtain FISA warrant

https://twitter.com/robbystarbuck/st...397962752?s=21

Pretty big news. FBI official under investigation for allegedly altering document that helped obtain the original FISA document

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    https://twitter.com/robbystarbuck/st...397962752?s=21

Pretty big news. FBI official under investigation for allegedly altering document that helped obtain the original FISA document

That's pretty serious ****, and I'm pretty certain the world knew it was happening. I don't believe it though because those Dems are such nice people. They'd never!
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

One of my favorite things about trump is that he got GOPers to see the same corruption in the FBI that liberals have ranted about for decades. Wasn’t long ago that a liberal posting this same link would be called an unpatriotic terrorist supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    One of my favorite things about trump is that he got GOPers to see the same corruption in the FBI that liberals have ranted about for decades. Wasn’t long ago that a liberal posting this same link would be called an unpatriotic terrorist supporter.

The idea of any law enforcement agency needing probably cause has been shot to hell

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

So there really isn't much info. But what do they mean by "altering"? It would seem that would be there job to create the application and then alter it as needed.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    So there really isn't much info. But what do they mean by "altering"? It would seem that would be there job to create the application and then alter it as needed.
    I don't know what the gripe is but in the era where stop and frisk, NSA, random traffic checks, etc etc are accepted I would not be surprised at all these guys bend the rules to get warrants.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I don't know what the gripe is but in the era where stop and frisk, NSA, random traffic checks, etc etc are accepted I would not be surprised at all these guys bend the rules to get warrants.
    That doesn't seem to be the complaint though. It seems to be that they would alter it. Since the altering would have been done to get approval, that means it was done before it was reviewed by the FISA judge so I don't see the problem with the order of operations there.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

So ... is this going to lead to Snowden being invited back as a hero?

Throw the book at anyone who does this kind of stuff. There should be harsh penalties with abuses on a system that is supposed to be the last thread from the government having complete access to us.

I know they already do, but those are for specific 'narrowish' reasons and it should be hammered hard when they veer from that (if they should be even allowed that at all is another debate).

That said, it sounds like it didn't change materially change anything according to the IG.

I gotta ask tho Brewers, if it didnt impact whether they would get a FISA warrant or not, then there's no reason to hold this person accountable, correct?
    Yankees Farm System

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    Throw the book at anyone who does this kind of stuff. There should be harsh penalties with abuses on a system that is supposed to be the last thread from the government having complete access to us.

I know they already do, but those are for specific 'narrowish' reasons and it should be hammered hard when they veer from that (if they should be even allowed that at all is another debate).

That said, it sounds like it didn't change materially change anything according to the IG.

I gotta ask tho Brewers, if it didnt impact whether they would get a FISA warrant or not, then there's no reason to hold this person accountable, correct?
    And what if the sole reason why they got the warrant approved was because of how this guy altered it? We’ll have to wait to see the evidence on it though

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    That doesn't seem to be the complaint though. It seems to be that they would alter it. Since the altering would have been done to get approval, that means it was done before it was reviewed by the FISA judge so I don't see the problem with the order of operations there.
    Lol you would totally be okay with this. Anything for team left

People are saying that Obama ordered it, it's legal.

And what if the sole reason why they got the warrant approved was because of how this guy altered it? We’ll have to wait to see the evidence on it though

The IG apparently said that's not the case. It was an email for one of the renewals of it and IG has said it was not material.

He's been referred to for prosecution for it.
    Yankees Farm System

Here goes pot and kettle again....

So what is being alleged?