Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Early Season League MVP Candidates

1. Kawhi Leonard - LA Clippers

- The Reigning Finals MVP. You can see the potential if KL and PG are on the floor at the same time, and the fact that the Clippers are 2-3 without him. You can see last night's game where even a recently sizzling PG had trouble scoring. KL takes the CLippers to another level and gives them their identity. The best player in the world and best 2 way player when he gets back from injury.

2. James Harden - Houston Rockets

- With Russ out, Harden is putting on a show. 40-50-60 points, 10-15-20 assists, whatever is needed, he does. Most prolific scorer out there. Unstoppable, unguardable.

3. Giannis Antetokumpo - Milwaukee Bucks

- Reigning League MVP, you'll see his statline of 32 points, 18 rebounds, 7 assists, putting up godly numbers. Keeping the Bucks afloat with the departure of Brodgon to INDY and Middleton out for the next month or so

4. Kemba Walker - Boston Celtics

- The Anti-Kyrie Effect, scoring really well, leading by example, allowing the young guys to grow, Boston has faced so many injuries already with Jaylen Brown early and now Hayward. You thought they would struggle defensively with Horford gone but they are the best team in the East record wise.

5. LeBron James - LA Lakers

- Putting up solid numbers and playing D on a respectable Laker squad, trying to lead these guys and carry the load with a not so 100% AD. Playing solid for a guy 35 years old in his 17th season in the league.
    Last edited by LaVar Ball; 11-19-2019 at 11:56 AM.

Kawhi can’t be because he doesn’t ****ing play anymore..

Kawhi Leonard should not be at the top of anyone's MVP list right now. Frankly, he's not even in my top 5. Name one relevant statistical category he's top 5 in right now. That, plus the fact that he's missed five games and his team is in 4th place in the West, and what justification is there for him being 1st in this conversation right now?

Mods, can we please cut down on this dude's obvious troll threads? It's getting a little absurd. I'm fine with an MVP conversation, but this is like the third or fourth thread this guy has created just to obnoxiously prop up and/or criticize the Clippers (I honestly have no idea which he's trying to accomplish at this point).

Doncic?
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Harden is averaging 40 points a game. He keeps that up and it’s his MVP.

Greek averaging 30 points and 14 rebounds. Greek keeps taking his game to higher levels every year.

James averaging 25 points and 11 assists. He’s leading the Lakers to the top of the West.

Its the same 2 guys as last year thus far. after that I gotta think about it

As of November 19, 2019:

1) LeBron James - If the Lakers finish 1st or 2nd in the West, he averages 23 - 25 ppg, and leads the league in assists, there's no chance anyone else gets this award. Right or wrong, that's reality.

2) James Harden - His scoring is off the charts, and the Rockets are winning games.

3) Giannis Antetokounmpo - He might be the best overall player in basketball at this point and his team is currently one of the top 2 seeds in the East. If Harden wasn't scoring at this pace, he'd be #2.

4) Luka Doncic - He's taken his game to the next level and his team is currently the 5 seed in a conference where no one expects them to make the playoffs. He's the future of the NBA, and his development has his team winning games.

5) Kemba Walker - he's the best player on the current 1-seed Celtics. I don't think he'll finish in the top 5, but this is a list as the NBA stands today.

I guess I can see the narrative for Bron if the Lakers end up the 1 seed and hes the leading assist guy for the first time ever. Thats definitely a decent MVP candidate but I think the Lakers are in for a slide once their schedule gets harder and they suffer some injuries.

Giannis is currently the most productive player in the league but hes gotta cool down, hes gonna shatter all the apbr metrics ever posted at his current rate last I checked. But if hes still the league leader in advanced stats and his team is the best in the East, I think he wins.

Harden scoring 40ppg would be a huge narrative booster so if the other 2 dont reach those team/individual marks, he can win again

kemba on this list is a joke sorry.... embiid/doncic/Davis/ingram have all been better

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Doncic?
    Agree, he's in the conversation right now

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    kemba on this list is a joke sorry.... embiid/doncic/Davis/ingram have all been better
    In all reality, the MVP list doesn't matter beyond 1-3, and usually it's down to the top 2 by the time the All Star Break rolls around. Considering we're not even at Thanksgiving yet, 5 is more of a discussion topic than anything. Kemba's case is just being the best player on the East's best team record-wise.

Something to remember in the MVP talks is that it's a narrative award. If it was a best player award, LeBron and Jordan would have 10+ each. But it's more about the story of a player's season than anything. Giannis' story kind of peaked last year. He won the MVP and turned into maybe the best overall player in basketball. He'd have to do something amazing this year to dominate those talks again. Harden's argument is that he'll average 35+ per game and it might be good enough to get the Rockets a top 2 or 3 seed in the West. His production will be so great that it might give him the nod. But LeBron currently has the best story. 17th season, 35 years old, wasn't in the NBA Finals for the 1st time in 9 years, coming off 1st major injury of his career, and maybe going for the NBA lead in assists while his team has the best record in the NBA. That's the story through 14 games. There's 83% of the regular season still to go, but that's the story thus far. The Lakers are also really, really good. So that story might not be going away anytime soon.

Right now my top 5 in no particular order is...

Giannis
    Lebron
    Doncic
    Siakam
    Harden

shocked the OP didnt just list the Clippers starting 5

Harden, Giannis and LeBron.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

1.) Lonzo ball
    2.) Giannis
    3.) Lebron
    4.) harden
    MTM is my puppet and I am his puppet master.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast