Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Trade: Rangers Nomar Mazara to White Sox for Steele Walker

Mazara to the Sox for Steele Walker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I donít love trading Walker for Mazara, Iím glad we arenít gonna overpay a RF that probably wonít be worth the overpay. Also only 2 years of control so he wonít stop us from upgrading RF next year when a Mookie is out there

Yeah, I like the move overall. Adds that lefty bat weíve been looking for, and maybe a change of scenery does some good here.

This guy is a beast , 6 ft 4 in. tall and with a ton of raw power.....everything we wanted Micker Adolpho to be.
    He has hit around 20 HR per year in his mlb career as a 20-24 year old player
    More importantly, the Sox add power, a LH bat and do not give up a Draft pick or one of their top prospects. The trade to Texas made a lot of sense for a guy from Oklahoma named Steele Walker. They will love him down there. I heard him on a Sox podcast and he seemed like a very nice person and a hard working athlete. Sorry to see him go but maybe we got the better side of this trade.

Solid trade IMO. Worth the shot to see if Nomar can live up to his untapped potential.

I hope heís part of a platoon since heís been awful Vs leftyís.

This an absolute terrible trade!

I really don't see the need for this trade, with the FA's out there that could fill the hole in RF until Walker was ready! I don't dislike Mazara, but the Rangers were willing to trade him at 24 with 4 big league years under his belt for a guy who hasn't sniffed AAA............Something tells me the Rangers know something we don't!!!

I'd rather they gave up Basabe then Walker who I believe will have a really good career in the majors!

Seems to be a pretty fair trade for both teams. Bainsy, your argument can go both ways here, maybe the Sox know something about Walker that they traded him?

When itís all said and done, the Sox got a major upgrade here at RF from last year. We donít know what the market for Castellanos/Ozuna is right now, but some reports are that Castellanos is over 100 million. Iíd much rather have Mazara at probably 2/15 million then castellanos at 5/100+. Thereís still upside in Mazara to improve offensively, heís only 24 years old!!!

People on this forum are crazy sometimes, they want the Sox to be competitive, yet when they make moves to upgrade the current roster, they just arenít happy.

Like I said ...I like Mazara, would have rather given up somebody else....But we will see.

Lets see how they address the pitching............

Steele Walker was at least 2.5 years away from making our roster. Heís never hit for power at any level.

Mazara at least Vs righties is a solid addition and fills 2 needs. Heís a left handed bat which we lack, and heís gonna play RF.

Heís also cheap as hell, and if he doesnít perform, we can move on from him without losing any sleep.

The main thing is this will prevent us from spending just to spend on a Flawed RFíer in a weak FA OF class. We have the money to spend on an elite player. Only problem is, that elite player that we want and need isnít available til next year. Mookie Betts is the guy we should want, and not by trading our farm for a 1 year rental with potential for resigning. We should just go into next offseason with our pocket books open and our butt cheeks spread lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    Lets see how they address the pitching............
    Yeah, it looks like a tough market right now. Wheeler, Stras and Cole all got over payed big time. Iím not gonna be upset if we canít land a guy if thatís the case.

Itís an exciting time as a Sox fan, letís embrace it and see what these young guys can do. We are going to be adding Kopech, Robert, Madrigal, Grandal and Mazara as upgrades to our roster right now, thatís pretty significant. Thatís not even taking in the potential improvements of guys like Eloy, Lopez or Cease, as I realize guys like Giolitto, Moncada and Anderson can take steps back from last year. Itís just 5 new faces replacing the likes of Covey, Sanchez, Palka, Engel, Castillo...

Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    Yeah, it looks like a tough market right now. Wheeler, Stras and Cole all got over payed big time. Iím not gonna be upset if we canít land a guy if thatís the case.

Itís an exciting time as a Sox fan, letís embrace it and see what these young guys can do. We are going to be adding Kopech, Robert, Madrigal, Grandal and Mazara as upgrades to our roster right now, thatís pretty significant. Thatís not even taking in the potential improvements of guys like Eloy, Lopez or Cease, as I realize guys like Giolitto, Moncada and Anderson can take steps back from last year. Itís just 5 new faces replacing the likes of Covey, Sanchez, Palka, Engel, Castillo...
    Ok........In my world that means Robert and Mandigral are on the team and starting form opening day....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast