Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Must adapt. Things change quickly in North American sports these days.

Look at basketball, baseball and The NFL.
    They’re hardly recognizable. I was about to say “the only thing that hasn’t changed is the ball” .... but baseball lol.

Babs needs a GM with the same vision as to what the end result will look like.
    Babs can be stubborn in his ways but this team's limitations existed last year as well and the game hasn't changed from the last three years. The only difference this year is the losing.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Babs can be stubborn in his ways but this team's limitations existed last year as well and the game hasn't changed from the last three years. The only difference this year is the losing.

I agree but it is obvious that babs wasn’t doing anything to adapt to his rosters limitations, and it was obvious that dubas had no interest in building the type of team that babs needs to execute his system.

I agree but it is obvious that babs wasn’t doing anything to adapt to his rosters limitations, and it was obvious that dubas had no interest in building the type of team that babs needs to execute his system.
    I don't see it as an adaptation issue, not because it doesn't exist (I agree he could do certain things differently), but that it isn't enough to justify letting him go. This a roster construction issue for me. Babs was the scapegoat imo.

The players do look happy so maybe there is something behind the scenes we are not privy to. I just didn't see them letting him go because this team is far from a finished product.

Last edited by aman_13; 11-24-2019 at 08:15 PM.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

I don't see it as an adaptation issue, not because it doesn't exist (I agree he could do certain things differently), but that it isn't enough to justify letting him go. This a roster construction issue for me. Babs was the scapegoat imo.

The players do look happy so maybe there is something behind the scenes we are not privy to. I just didn't see them letting him go because this team is far from a finished product.

I don’t know dude... I think this is pretty close to a finished product.

I don’t see this team having more talent next season. We will likely lose one of muzzin/Barrie. Ceci will be gone for sure (meh), and I don’t expect lilj and sandin to outplay them in their rookie years.

I could be wrong, but this is about as good as I think we can expect as far as pure talent goes.

The only way this team can max out further is by packaging ceci with the injury reserve money and a bunch of 1st rounders for a true #1 D.
    I’m not holding my breath on that because it will make the offseason a nightmare where we are unable to sign any of our expiring guys.

I don’t know dude... I think this is pretty close to a finished product.

I don’t see this team having more talent next season. We will likely lose one of muzzin/Barrie. Ceci will be gone for sure (meh), and I don’t expect lilj and sandin to outplay them in their rookie years.

I could be wrong, but this is about as good as I think we can expect as far as pure talent goes.

The only way this team can max out further is by packaging ceci with the injury reserve money and a bunch of 1st rounders for a true #1 D.
    I’m not holding my breath on that because it will make the offseason a nightmare where we are unable to sign any of our expiring guys.
    Dubas himself said this team is not a finished product, I just don't think they are close. The defense is not good enough and they are too soft up front. Still a talented team but not championship caliber.

I think you feel they are close because the cap kind of forces you to think that way. They have too much money tied up on the big 4. I was never a fan of this before but I feel they should consider moving Willy for a defensemen.

Dubas himself said this team is not a finished product, I just don't think they are close. The defense is not good enough and they are too soft up front. Still a talented team but not championship caliber.

I think you feel they are close because the cap kind of forces you to think that way. They have too much money tied up on the big 4. I was never a fan of this before but I feel they should consider moving Willy for a defensemen.

I like the top 6 they have locked up, but would be open to moving Kerfoot in a deal for a shut down d.

Confirmation from Marner after Leafs practice today..

In his rookie season Babcock asked him to write a list of every teammate in order of hardest working to least hardest working. After Marner reluctantly did it Babcock took the list to the players on the least hardest working side and told them about it and that it was Marner who wrote the list. Luckily the players weren't upset with Marner but pissed at the coach for intimidating a rookie into doing that. Marner was incredibly shaken up after learning that the guys found out about it.

Mike Babcock is an egocentric, narcissistic, ignorant *******.

Mike Babcock's quote last year.. "I like controversy." Moron.
    Last edited by KingerSox; 11-25-2019 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    Confirmation from Marner after Leafs practice today..

In his rookie season Babcock asked him to write a list of every teammate in order of hardest working to least hardest working. After Marner reluctantly did it Babcock took the list to the players on the least hardest working side and told them about it and that it was Marner who wrote the list. Luckily the players weren't upset with Marner but pissed at the coach for intimidating a rookie into doing that. Marner was incredibly shaken up after learning that the guys found out about it.

Mike Babcock is an egocentric, narcissistic, ignorant *******.

Mike Babcock's quote last year.. "I like controversy." Moron.
    Sheesh.

Maybe now they can all relax.
    Last edited by strek55; 11-26-2019 at 05:12 PM.

Now reports are out about Bill Peters using the N word directed at a black player (Akim Aliu) in the AHL some years back. Also former player for Peters, Michal Jordan, claims Peters kicked him on the bench and punched another player in the head.

The racial slurs were confirmed by two of Aliu's former teammates.

So we have a mental health advocate in Babcock screwing with a 19 year old's mental/emotional state and now a former Babcock disciple accused of racism and physical abuse. These ARE NOT circumstances where "suck it up" applies. I also did not accuse Babcock of racism in this post.
    Last edited by KingerSox; 11-26-2019 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    Now reports are out about Bill Peters using the N word directed at a black player (Akim Aliu) in the AHL some years back. Also former player for Peters, Michal Jordan, claims Peters kicked him on the bench and punched another player in the head.

The racial slurs were confirmed by two of Aliu's former teammates.

So we have a mental health advocate in Babcock screwing with a 19 year old's mental/emotional state and now a former Babcock disciple accused of racism and physical abuse. These ARE NOT circumstances where "suck it up" applies. I also did not accuse Babcock of racism in this post.
    The racism is alarming. The marner thing is just stupidity.

The racism is alarming. The marner thing is just stupidity.
    The Marner thing has me asking a question about Babcock. He's big into mental health awareness and specifically when Bell Let's Talk happens annually. Then he goes out and screws with a kid mentally and emotionally like that. So here's my question..

I don't doubt Babcock at heart is a mental health advocate. But if he does that to a kid.. How much is his involvement in mental health awareness genuine? And how much of it is self serving? Like look at me I'm a good guy I'm trying to help. Sounds ĺike those celebrities that start a charity but after the monies raised they take a percentage of the proceeds. Yeah you look good for helping but your still serving yourself. I just hate people like that. It really winds me up because of some of the situations I've been in and seen those close to me in.

Billy Peters resigns. Released a statement a couple of days ago and now this going to end without him apologizing to Aliu. That's real character right there.

Thinking about it more, he could possibly faced a civil suit. So probably best not to name names. Possible fines from the league too.

Crazy to think that if the Marner news didnt get leaked, he would still be coaching.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast