Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Are injuries to Golden states a Blessing in disguise?

Depending on how you look at it, could the unfortunate injuries to GSW be an actual blessing and a way to retool?

1. The kids are getting huge minutes that they would have otherwise never gotten if Klay, Curry weren’t injured. It’s giving them on court time to develop and showcase their potential specifically Paschall and Poole. This will either showcase them to the rest of the league for potential future trades for a bigger fish or simply develop them for their bench when their 2 stars return.

2. Their bad record might land them a potential top pick in next year’s draft to go with their healthy, rested superstars. If they draft wisely they will continue their dominance for years to come.

3. Exposed Draymond for who he really is? Looks like he is either regressing or just can’t function without Curry and Klay carrying him. They might now see him as replaceable and can be traded for a better player?

Whatever happens in the future, points 1&2 will be supper important for the team moving forward.

Thoughts?

^^ have you been watching recent games? Draymond has been playing very well. Balling actually without proven guys around him.

He’s an elite defensive role player, no one ever said he was a superstar

Now to answer the question. No, the injuries aren’t a blessing because the season was over week 2.

However, we’ve really been able to see how good Deangelo Russel is and I think he can be a significant trade asset or run the half court offense when their fast beak transition O breaks down. His defense is really bad which makes it very important for the Warriors to select a dominant big man defender in the draft (or Deni Avidija)

yes, they are. Curry/Klay/Green now get rest, which they haven't had in 5 years, the team will suck and get to reload with a cheap, high draft pick, and they can feature Russell and then trade him for some needed depth/defense/salary relief at the deadline.

Reminds of the Spurs with DRob, only this team is clearly miles ahead of that as far as competitive when healthy. The Warriors could easily be league favorites by next year again if all goes well.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Next year will be Steph’s age 32 season. It seems unlikely that him and D-Lo would be maximized playing next to each other. They’d be best served moving one of them.

D-Lo + what you get for Curry
    Curry + what you get for D-Lo

Are we sure option #1 isn’t better long-term?

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Next year will be Steph’s age 32 season. It seems unlikely that him and D-Lo would be maximized playing next to each other. They’d be best served moving one of them.

It may be but I personally don’t think so. But Curry is our Larry Bird. The Celtics would never trade Bird at the tail end of his prime. Curry’s got 5 more great years left and 2 good ones barring injury.

Warriors would lose fans if they traded Curry. The only way he leaves is if he chooses to do so

I am pretty sure, yes. Curry will age like fine wine dude, and while I want D-Lo with the Wolves, I would fully admit he has massive holes in his game. Dude can't guard anyone, and I mean anyone. He also turns into a black hole at times. I don't think he has championship pedigree at all, but that is as a lead dog.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

If I am the Warriors there is no way I trade Curry in favor of Dlo. Dlo is a great offensive player but that’s where it starts and ends....well except that he can pass the ball. If they traded Curry that would be the end of it. They aren’t winning with DLo
    If they went that route they would have to get lucky and draft a very good defensive center to cover up for his defensive deficiencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    yes, they are. Curry/Klay/Green now get rest, which they haven't had in 5 years, the team will suck and get to reload with a cheap, high draft pick, and they can feature Russell and then trade him for some needed depth/defense/salary relief at the deadline.

Reminds of the Spurs with DRob, only this team is clearly miles ahead of that as far as competitive when healthy. The Warriors could easily be league favorites by next year again if all goes well.
    Circle gets the square.

And yeah, they won’t trade Curry until they’ve run out of championship hopes and send him off to a contender (if that happens during his career).

If you’re a star, you’d rather not have a torn ACL in your career like Klay, much less a torn Achilles like KD

This season has been compared to when the Spurs lost David Robinson and ended up sucking enough to get Tim Duncan. There's nobody of his caliber in this year's draft, but they could definitely add another young asset to buoy Curry, Klay and Draymond.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Circle gets the square.

And yeah, they won’t trade Curry until they’ve run out of championship hopes and send him off to a contender (if that happens during his career).
    Curry will retire a warrior. We’d never trade him unless he asked to go and I just don’t see him ever asking for that. Same for Klay and likely even Green.

Next year will be Steph’s age 32 season.
    That's basically the point I came in here to make. Will this season of tanking and rest potentially make them a little better next year? Sure, it's quite possible, but the season is also wasting a big year of Curry's prime. Given his injury history and the fact that he'll turn 33 in the middle of next year, Curry may only have 2-3 more years of his prime left after this year. So even if they end up getting a top draft pick, will it help them that much? Maybe they turn that pick and/or Russell into someone who helps them more in the short-term? Who knows.

I think time will ultimately tell, but with this team looking so different next year from the Curry/Klay/Green squad that ruled the league pre-Durant, I have no clue how good they'll actually be next season. And Curry's window as a top 5 player is going to close soon, if it hasn't already.

You guys have a point there, I was thinking his shooting ability and underrated size at 6"3 would lend itself to a prolonged prime, so I was looking up other PG's who primarily relied on shooting ability to contribute, guys like Bibby, Chauncey and outside of Steve Nash/Stockton (similar build, albeit superior vision), most tailed off dramatically entering that stage of their careers and the 2 that didn't had to have their minutes monitored by 35 or so. Dubs need Curry to remain transcendent to have any hope at winning again.

I was thinking about CP3 too, surely he should hold up better than a smaller player who has suffered significant injuries but even CP3 could only muster one final prime year, his first year in Houston.

I think Curry has 2 RS carry years left and maybe 3 playoff runs of elite play. Should be fun to watch how he ends his career

Quote Originally Posted by kobebabe View Post
    Depending on how you look at it, could the unfortunate injuries to GSW be an actual blessing and a way to retool?

1. The kids are getting huge minutes that they would have otherwise never gotten if Klay, Curry weren’t injured. It’s giving them on court time to develop and showcase their potential specifically Paschall and Poole. This will either showcase them to the rest of the league for potential future trades for a bigger fish or simply develop them for their bench when their 2 stars return.

2. Their bad record might land them a potential top pick in next year’s draft to go with their healthy, rested superstars. If they draft wisely they will continue their dominance for years to come.

3. Exposed Draymond for who he really is? Looks like he is either regressing or just can’t function without Curry and Klay carrying him. They might now see him as replaceable and can be traded for a better player?

Whatever happens in the future, points 1&2 will be supper important for the team moving forward.

Thoughts?
    Your point number two is exactly how the spurs who were a perennial playoff team were able to draft Tim Duncan. With Robinson and Wilkins being injured for much if the season they landed a top pick.

So imo yes, it is a blessing in disguise because they weren't going to compete for a ship this year after losing KD and much of their supporting cast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast