Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 361
  1. #106
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,689
    I don't think Okudah is the pick, only because of all the major draft investments they've made at DB recently. I also think there's a lot of DB talent to be developed in DeAndre Baker, Julian Love, Corey Ballentine, Antonio Hamilton, and Sam Beal. I'm not sure how many more 1st or 2nd year guys they want to add to that group. They can certainly continue to clear cap space, so bringing in a good veteran like Chris Harris, Logan Ryan, or Bradley Roby might be the best benefit to those other young guys' development. Also, obviously improving the pass rush will do wonders. DBs cannot cover forever, and the biggest problem our defense had was allowing opposing QBs 7 seconds to throw the ball. Speeding up the other offense's timing helps limit coverage mistakes for young guys.

    I wouldn't hate Isaiah Simmons being the 4th overall pick. Think he has a very Ed Oliver feel to him, and a defensive game changer is desperately needed. I think slowly but surely, you're going to start hearing rumblings that Washington is considering him over Chase Young, though ultimately I think Young is the pick at 2. If the Giants can sign Yannick Ngakoue (don't think JAX lets him walk), retain Markus Golden, and pair them with Isaiah Simmons, that's a heck of a defense coming together.

    All that said, I'm still on board with Andrew Thomas. LT of the future. You have a 2nd year good young QB in Daniel Jones, a 3rd year generational RB in Saquon Barkley, 4th and 2nd year TEs in Engram & Kaden Smith, 2nd year WR in Slayton, and good slightly older guys in Shepard & Tate (Golden clearly being much older). On the line, Kevin Zeitler is only going to be 30 and Will Hernandez 25. Go get the LT that can anchor the line for a decade. You can save $6.5 million by designating Nate Solder a post-June 1 cut. Use some of that cash towards a solid RT or C. Guys like Barkley and Jones won't be cheap for long. We saw how a bad line can decimate a season multiple times over. Let's just fix this problem once and for all.

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    101,582
    Get the big LT.

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    5,454
    Quote Originally Posted by Yanks All Day View Post
    I don't think Okudah is the pick, only because of all the major draft investments they've made at DB recently. I also think there's a lot of DB talent to be developed in DeAndre Baker, Julian Love, Corey Ballentine, Antonio Hamilton, and Sam Beal. I'm not sure how many more 1st or 2nd year guys they want to add to that group. They can certainly continue to clear cap space, so bringing in a good veteran like Chris Harris, Logan Ryan, or Bradley Roby might be the best benefit to those other young guys' development. Also, obviously improving the pass rush will do wonders. DBs cannot cover forever, and the biggest problem our defense had was allowing opposing QBs 7 seconds to throw the ball. Speeding up the other offense's timing helps limit coverage mistakes for young guys.

    I wouldn't hate Isaiah Simmons being the 4th overall pick. Think he has a very Ed Oliver feel to him, and a defensive game changer is desperately needed. I think slowly but surely, you're going to start hearing rumblings that Washington is considering him over Chase Young, though ultimately I think Young is the pick at 2. If the Giants can sign Yannick Ngakoue (don't think JAX lets him walk), retain Markus Golden, and pair them with Isaiah Simmons, that's a heck of a defense coming together.

    All that said, I'm still on board with Andrew Thomas. LT of the future. You have a 2nd year good young QB in Daniel Jones, a 3rd year generational RB in Saquon Barkley, 4th and 2nd year TEs in Engram & Kaden Smith, 2nd year WR in Slayton, and good slightly older guys in Shepard & Tate (Golden clearly being much older). On the line, Kevin Zeitler is only going to be 30 and Will Hernandez 25. Go get the LT that can anchor the line for a decade. You can save $6.5 million by designating Nate Solder a post-June 1 cut. Use some of that cash towards a solid RT or C. Guys like Barkley and Jones won't be cheap for long. We saw how a bad line can decimate a season multiple times over. Let's just fix this problem once and for all.
    Love can fit in at FS. None of those guys other than maybe Baker would warrant not picking up a talent like Okudah. It would also make it easier for them to figure out who can play at nickel and who can provide quality depth, if we were to have a good #2 corner on roster in Baker and a shutdown in Okudah.

    But yeah, I think LT is probably the best bet and likely the smartest choice. I'm just not sure I'd go with Thomas over Wirfs or Wills.

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    29,494
    Iím not ready to give up on Beal. I thought he showed flashes of being good.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toms River, NJ
    Posts
    9,259
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Iím not ready to give up on Beal. I thought he showed flashes of being good.
    I wouldnít give up on any of them yet but some veteran corner help might serve better than adding another young guy back there. But if okudah is that legit having half the field locked down helps the young guys too.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    35,020

    2020 Draft Discussion

    I think itís really hard to gauge the secondary because they are super young, very talented and IMO were poorly coached and handled.

    For example, DG traded picks to move up to get Baker, who was considered a top DB because he played a physical press style at Georgia. And then Betcher had him playing 7 yards off the ball the first quarter of the season without any adjustments. Once he finally started playing press, Bethea would routinely get burned behind him.

    Love excelled playing a hybrid Nickel and FS in preseason and was inexplicably buried on the bench most of the season while Bethea got burned week after week. Beal and Ballentine only got real playing time after their cut Jack Rabbit.

    From what I understand Grahamís D relies on 1 on 1 matchups from fast and athletic corners (which we could have with Baker and Beal) and uses 1 high safety for coverage (Love would fit well) with the SS often in the box to take away the run and short pass game (Peppers fits well). Because the scheme seems to be DB heavy, Okudah would not shock me as a pick but I think you can get a DB in FA and use the pick for a 10 year tackle or game breaking defensive playmaker like Simmons.

    Don't worry. He's got this.

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    34,647
    I'm not sure what this team has planned for in free agency.

    But, IMO. They gotta go best pick available. They need help on both sides of the ball.

    They've used their first.. First round pick on offense the last two seasons. Also, one trade back into first round for a defensive player.

    I think there are some really good OLman that will be available in the second round. Same with the defensive side of the ball.

    So I guess I could see it going either way.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Yanks All Day View Post
    I don't think Okudah is the pick, only because of all the major draft investments they've made at DB recently. I also think there's a lot of DB talent to be developed in DeAndre Baker, Julian Love, Corey Ballentine, Antonio Hamilton, and Sam Beal. I'm not sure how many more 1st or 2nd year guys they want to add to that group. They can certainly continue to clear cap space, so bringing in a good veteran like Chris Harris, Logan Ryan, or Bradley Roby might be the best benefit to those other young guys' development. Also, obviously improving the pass rush will do wonders. DBs cannot cover forever, and the biggest problem our defense had was allowing opposing QBs 7 seconds to throw the ball. Speeding up the other offense's timing helps limit coverage mistakes for young guys.

    I wouldn't hate Isaiah Simmons being the 4th overall pick. Think he has a very Ed Oliver feel to him, and a defensive game changer is desperately needed. I think slowly but surely, you're going to start hearing rumblings that Washington is considering him over Chase Young, though ultimately I think Young is the pick at 2. If the Giants can sign Yannick Ngakoue (don't think JAX lets him walk), retain Markus Golden, and pair them with Isaiah Simmons, that's a heck of a defense coming together.

    All that said, I'm still on board with Andrew Thomas. LT of the future. You have a 2nd year good young QB in Daniel Jones, a 3rd year generational RB in Saquon Barkley, 4th and 2nd year TEs in Engram & Kaden Smith, 2nd year WR in Slayton, and good slightly older guys in Shepard & Tate (Golden clearly being much older). On the line, Kevin Zeitler is only going to be 30 and Will Hernandez 25. Go get the LT that can anchor the line for a decade. You can save $6.5 million by designating Nate Solder a post-June 1 cut. Use some of that cash towards a solid RT or C. Guys like Barkley and Jones won't be cheap for long. We saw how a bad line can decimate a season multiple times over. Let's just fix this problem once and for all.
    I was pushing for Coklin in FA to play RT . He did not have a good game for the Titans today.

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,689
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    I was pushing for Coklin in FA to play RT . He did not have a good game for the Titans today.
    The Titans appear to be a well-run organization. Good, young offensive linemen don't hit the open market often. I don't trust a player who didn't get even his 5th year rookie option picked up. Unless they're completely missing something with him, it just feels like he's getting hype he doesn't necessarily deserve yet.

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    35,020
    Quote Originally Posted by Yanks All Day View Post
    The Titans appear to be a well-run organization. Good, young offensive linemen don't hit the open market often. I don't trust a player who didn't get even his 5th year rookie option picked up. Unless they're completely missing something with him, it just feels like he's getting hype he doesn't necessarily deserve yet.
    They were smart enough to leapfrog us to take him in the draft.

    Don't worry. He's got this.

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    101,582
    I was for Chase Young, but now they need to fix that ****ing line which has been a problem for years.

    Get the LT and sign defensive players on FA.

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    29,494
    If they get the Denver C and coklin that alone would be huge. Iíve said what I find to be an ideal offseason but if they did that and grabbed Simmons at 4 that wouldnít be bad either
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Yanks All Day View Post
    The Titans appear to be a well-run organization. Good, young offensive linemen don't hit the open market often. I don't trust a player who didn't get even his 5th year rookie option picked up. Unless they're completely missing something with him, it just feels like he's getting hype he doesn't necessarily deserve yet.
    I just posted the exact same thing on another post on this forum

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,478
    Mocks are just mocks, but I see more and more of them with Okudah as our pick. Apart from whether youíll think it happens, what would you think of it?

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cool Ranch, NM
    Posts
    31,449
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants-NL-3 View Post
    Mocks are just mocks, but I see more and more of them with Okudah as our pick. Apart from whether youíll think it happens, what would you think of it?
    I'm ok with it. We need a corner, but more importantly than that, all the mock drafts I've seen consistently have Okudah being taken in the top 4. It's always nice to see a consensus.

    When it comes to OT prospects, it does make me a bit nervious that there isn't a strong consensus there. Some have Andrew Thomas as the best OT, some have Tristan Whirfs, and others have Jedrick Willis. I've even seen some have Mekhi Becton up there. And in many cases, a good amount of these mock drafts don't have any of them being drafted until around the 8th pick. That's not a major reach for us, but not ideal. It just makes it hard to identify who the best OT is when there is very little consensus. This wouldn't be a bad thing if we had a later pick, but considering we have such an early pick, there is increased pressure to get this right and pick the best player.

    In Okudah's case, there seems to be no question that he is the best corner in this draft.

    The other options seem to be Isiah Simmons and Jerry Jeudy. A guy like Simmons is interesting because of his versatility, but I'm not sure he represents the biggest need (I would rank corner, edge rusher, and OT as the biggest needs). And then you have Jeudy who is really good, but we don't really need a WR. That being said, when it comes to the #4 overall pick, going best player available is more important that picking based on short term need so if one of those guys is clearly the best prospect on our board, you take him and fill those short term needs via free agency.
    Last edited by Wrigheyes4MVP; 01-21-2020 at 07:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •