Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Giants Fifth Round Pick: G Shane Lemieux

Shane Lemieux, G, Oregon
    Height: 6-4. Weight: 310. Arm: 32.25. Hand: 9.5.
    40 Time: 5.11.
    Projected Round (2020): 3-5.

4/21/20:*Lemieux was a good starter at left guard for Oregon, and he impressed team evaluators in 2019. Lemieux is a decent technician with size and the potential to be a quick competitor in the NFL. At the point of attack, he is a real fighter, and as one source said, "he is as mean as a snake." Some team sources like Lemiuex and think he could get selected on Day 2, while others have him as a mid-rounder. He is a polarizing prospect.

8/17/19:*Lemieux has been a good left guard for Oregon over the past three seasons, making 38 straight starts over his collegiate career. He has been one of the top guards in the nation and Pac-12 during that time. In pass protection and run blocking, Lemieux is a well-balanced blocker who is productive in both phases. He redshirted as a freshman in 2015 prior to becoming a starter in 2016.
    https://walterfootball.com/draft2020OG.php

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RCSownsU; 04-25-2020 at 02:36 PM.
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Think is good value in the 5th round, saw him being projected to be taken even in the third round.

The theme has been fix the ****ing line and well as somebody mention earlier, we all have been hoping for that for years.

They need their young QB and RB to be able to perform and that’s the way to do it.

I mean he sounds like a solid OL player. It’s hard to not be happy with the OL players they are adding.

The problem remains we still have no clear idea how they will get to opposing teams QBs. Are they banking on Ximenes and Carter taking big leaps forward?

Is Graham satisfied with the personnel he has and thinks he can better utilize them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    I mean he sounds like a solid OL player. It’s hard to not be happy with the OL players they are adding.

The problem remains we still have no clear idea how they will get to opposing teams QBs. Are they banking on Ximenes and Carter taking big leaps forward?

Is Graham satisfied with the personnel he has and thinks he can better utilize them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Have to see what they do the rest of the draft as well as which UDFA they sign. There’s always other teams’ roster cuts which can get you an experienced vet with something left in the tank. I doubt that the team will be content going into the season with Fackrell, Ximines and Carter as their pass rushers. If they are, i’m afraid we’ll have to watch the defense give opposing QBs all day to throw while also struggling to get off the field.

Love it! Finally addressing the oline in the right way. Not finding overpriced stop gaps (no offense to solder love that guy) but building young.

And it sounds like this guy has been taking snaps and working at center.

Barkley gonna have some good young blockers.

Yeah. Really good value in the 5th round. Gettlemen is sending a message that he is prioritizing protecting his young offensive stars.

From the @PFF Draft Guide:

“Feet constantly driving in the run game. Line of scrimmage mover.”

Lemieux gave up only 1 sack and 16 total pressures in 2019 on 497 pass blocking snaps. On true pass-sets he earned a 65.7 pass-block grade.

Player comp? Senio Kelemete

Run blocking grades for Lemieux’s last two seasons and rank among the qualifying Guards in the 2020 Draft Class:

2019: 75.7 - 9th
    2018: 84.8 - 1st

Same thing as above for overall grades among the qualifying Guards in this draft class:

2019: 75.9 - 8th
    2018: 83.9 - 1st

- PFF Giants

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

He made SI All American team this year

https://www.nj.com/giants/2020/04/is...dividends.html

If this guy evolves as a long term center it could be the steal of the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    https://www.nj.com/giants/2020/04/is...dividends.html

If this guy evolves as a long term center it could be the steal of the draft.
    Is that a hard transition to make? As far as I know the biggest difference is doing protection calls as C, but perhaps there’s more to it than I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Giants-NL-3 View Post
    Is that a hard transition to make? As far as I know the biggest difference is doing protection calls as C, but perhaps there’s more to it than I know.
    And snapping the ball
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331