Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Simmons. Thereís a reason you said 1 of the 4 OTs and not specific name. There isnít a consensus top tackle. While I agree protecting Danny is a priority what Simmons brings to the table (coverage over the middle ,pass rush) are also major needs. Go BPA and take Simmons. At least one of these tackles will bust and we canít afford to be the team that makes that mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    Simmons. Thereís a reason you said 1 of the 4 OTs and not specific name. There isnít a consensus top tackle. While I agree protecting Danny is a priority what Simmons brings to the table (coverage over the middle ,pass rush) are also major needs. Go BPA and take Simmons. At least one of these tackles will bust and we canít afford to be the team that makes that mistake.

The fact that there isnít a consensus top tackle, doesnít mean they arenít consensus top first round picks. All boards and mocks Iíve seen label them as first half of the first round picks. So I disagree with you there.

Also, Simmons his versatility is starting scare me a little for some reason. Sure he can do it all, but is he elite at any position? At linebacker I havenít seen enough of him, because he was moved al over the field, but I read some analyses here and there that question his instincts and play IQ, which is one of the most important traits of a ILB. And his pass rush Iím not so sure of either. The sacks Iíve seen are purely based on athletic ability, not on any kind of technique

Quote Originally Posted by Giants-NL-3 View Post
    The fact that there isnít a consensus top tackle, doesnít mean they arenít consensus top first round picks. All boards and mocks Iíve seen label them as first half of the first round picks. So I disagree with you there.

Also, Simmons his versatility is starting scare me a little for some reason. Sure he can do it all, but is he elite at any position? At linebacker I havenít seen enough of him, because he was moved al over the field, but I read some analyses here and there that question his instincts and play IQ, which is one of the most important traits of a ILB. And his pass rush Iím not so sure of either. The sacks Iíve seen are purely based on athletic ability, not on any kind of technique
    Heís a monster everywhere. He can cover TEs and RBs something we havenít had in years.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Simmons looks like a legit game changer on defense.

I hope against all reason that DG trades down a few picks, grabs Simmons and gets an additional 2nd or 3rd round pick that he can use to get back into the 1st for an OT - or simply use picks to stockpile quality OL and defensive players.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Heís a monster everywhere. He can cover TEs and RBs something we havenít had in years.
    What games did you watch? In which games did you see him consistently blanket TEís and RBís?

What games did you watch? In which games did you see him consistently blanket TEís and RBís?
    Man to man abilities are through the roof and has the ability to play press man or turn and run coverage on almost all TEs.
    - pretty much every scout thatís watched him. Just copied and pasted that from his draft profile. Watch the tape heís a great cover guy and has the potential to be a superstar in this league. Would be a huge mistake to pass unless we trade back and grab an extra 2nd++
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Man to man abilities are through the roof and has the ability to play press man or turn and run coverage on almost all TEs.
    - pretty much every scout thatís watched him. Just copied and pasted that from his draft profile. Watch the tape heís a great cover guy and has the potential to be a superstar in this league. Would be a huge mistake to pass unless we trade back and grab an extra 2nd++
    Heís a swiss army knife type player. Some experts still believe heís undersized to play LB and that that he would be better suited as a SS but I think heís the perfect sideline to sideline LB that our defense has been missing. His long range, speed and athleticism also allow him to blitz and go after the QB, which can only benefit the defense as a whole. My only question is can he tackle consistently and be physical enough in run defense? In the offseason, i really wanted us to sign Corey Littleton but Simmons is a somewhat similar player if not better, in the sense that he has the speed and agility to cover TE & RB. If he can tackle and is not avert to contact, then heíll be a key piece moving forward.

Now would I be mad if we draft him #4? Absolutely not. Iíve watched many Clemson games this past season and his style of play is a combination of Kam Chancellor and Lavonte David. In fact, if he is able to play the run more effectively in the NFL, then he could be a taller more faster version of Derrick Brooks. But i would prefer trading down and getting a 1st (or a 2nd rounder) from JAX or LV, and spending our first pick on the most technically sound OT out there who can play LT, and i think thatís Wills. And if we do get an extra pick in round 1 or/and round 2, then you could still draft a three-down speedy LB like Queen or Murray.

However, If iím staying put and drafting defense #4 overall while having other roster needs, then that selection better be a game-changing pass rusher. Unless Young falls to us, iíd rather listen to offers and trade down to get as many high end picks as possible.
    Last edited by Armo_NYG_fan; 04-06-2020 at 12:41 PM.

I canít find the option to make a poll question so Iíll just ask it here.

The Giants are on the clock, trading down is not an option. All 4 top tackles and Isaiah Simmons are available. Who do you take, Simmons or one of the OTís?

My opinion is btw to take one of the OTís. I love Simmons, but itís time to protect our investments in Jones and Barkley.
    I take OT and draft Wills especially if you donít have any additional 2nd or 3rd round picks. I select Wills because Becton to me has the highest boom or bust potential out of all and his technique and positioning needs coaching. Heís also raw and seems to be more of a developmental tackle. Wirfs is the best athlete but is being seen as a Guard by many although he could be a really good RT. I think heís Brandon Scherff 2.0 coming out of college. Finally, Thomas is streaky, has his upsides as a run blocker but his stiff hips, footwork issues and his reliance on power rather than finesse screams Ereck Flowers.

I agree that Jones needs protection and a clean pocket. I want to see how he develops and performs if he is given the right environment and resources to succeed. That starts with getting players who can anchor the Oline and a TE who can both block and become a safety net in the passing game for our young QB. Iím still kicking myself that our front office didnít draft Kittle a few years ago!

And an improved Oline will only help the running game and benefit Jonesí ability to manage the offense. If Saquon can rush for 1000 yards with an inconsistent and bad line play, then he should easily crack 1500+ yards every year (barring injury) with better tackles and a OC.

Virtual draft it is...

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/sta...994234880?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by Armo_NYG_fan View Post
    Heís a swiss army knife type player. Some experts still believe heís undersized to play LB and that that he would be better suited as a SS but I think heís the perfect sideline to sideline LB that our defense has been missing. His long range, speed and athleticism also allow him to blitz and go after the QB, which can only benefit the defense as a whole. My only question is can he tackle consistently and be physical enough in run defense? In the offseason, i really wanted us to sign Corey Littleton but Simmons is a somewhat similar player if not better, in the sense that he has the speed and agility to cover TE & RB. If he can tackle and is not avert to contact, then heíll be a key piece moving forward.

Now would I be mad if we draft him #4? Absolutely not. Iíve watched many Clemson games this past season and his style of play is a combination of Kam Chancellor and Lavonte David. In fact, if he is able to play the run more effectively in the NFL, then he could be a taller more faster version of Derrick Brooks. But i would prefer trading down and getting a 1st (or a 2nd rounder) from JAX or LV, and spending our first pick on the most technically sound OT out there who can play LT, and i think thatís Wills. And if we do get an extra pick in round 1 or/and round 2, then you could still draft a three-down speedy LB like Queen or Murray.

However, If iím staying put and drafting defense #4 overall while having other roster needs, then that selection better be a game-changing pass rusher. Unless Young falls to us, iíd rather listen to offers and trade down to get as many high end picks as possible.
    More and more I read I think Simmons is the best player in the draft. We will see what happens. Iíd much rather trade down to 6 with the chargers grab a second 2nd rounder and still probably get Simmons but at the end of the day Simmons is my #1 guy and Iíd be pretty upset if we stayed at 4 and passed on him.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Hopefully lions donít take any chances and take their CB put us in the drivers seat. We could end up with Simmons a T and a C in the first 2 rounds.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

This is really cool.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Hopefully lions donít take any chances and take their CB put us in the drivers seat. We could end up with Simmons a T and a C in the first 2 rounds.
    This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. The Lions could easly trade with the Dolphins, get another first round pick and then draft Okudah at #5. The Giants are not drafing Jeff Okudah at 4 nor is any team trading up with the Giants to draft Okudah. . The Lions are in a much better driver's seat than The Giants.
    Last edited by Brooklyndave; 04-09-2020 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. The Lions could easly trade with the Dolphins, get another first round pick and then draft Okudah at #5. The Giants are not drafing Jeff Okudah at 4 nor is any team trading up with the Giants to draft Okudah. . The Lions are in a much better driver's seat than The Giants.
    Whos to say the dolphins offer up anything? The latest rumor is that the dolphins like Herbert maybe even more than this. Didnít say they were in a better drivers seat. Weíre still in a good position to trade down. The giants could draft okudah with the bad press Baker has gotten. I doubt it but you never know especially with gettleman. I think itís more likely the chargers trade up to 3 than Miami and it probably wonít include a 1st rounder.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

If Washington does take Young at 2, I'd be shocked if the Lions didn't trade down to 5, 6, 7 or 12. Their GM should be fired if he doesn't.

Let's assume for a minute they actually sit tight at 3 and take Okudah. Then it's DG who should be fired if he doesn't trade back (then again, I thought he should have been fired 3 months ago). But it would be absurd to not play the Dolphins, Chargers and Panthers against each other to get some draft capital if you have Tua and Herbert to offer.

I don't ultimately have high hopes for DG making moves though. We shall see.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast