Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 148
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,750
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    If we don't get young im hoping to get one of the OT with a trade back. If we grab one and sign Conklin as a FA you gotta believe that will set up our Oline for years.
    If? Lol that shipped sailed when we beat Washington

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    543
    Quote Originally Posted by meloman1592 View Post
    If? Lol that shipped sailed when we beat Washington
    Unfortunately I 100% agree with you. Still think theres an outside chance some of these QBs like Tua and Huebert could go in the top 3. Not sure washingtons thought process but if the Miami came in with an offer for their pick they could trade back. To me I think the giants are going OL or one of the WRs in jeudy or lamb. They don't have a true #1 wr so I could see them going that way as well.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toms River, NJ
    Posts
    9,184
    The solder contract is horrible but I cant totally kill DG for that we needed one in the worst way hes still better than what we were running out there. Draft or sign his replacement on the blindside and put him at RT for next year. Iirc he can be cut after next season without too much cap hit.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    48,429


    Unless were getting that elite pass rusher or a franchise LT at 4, Im all for trading out of there.

    Which probably means DG will take a corner at 4, well all kill him for it for months and then that corner will be a top 3 rookie CB.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    29,096
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post


    Unless were getting that elite pass rusher or a franchise LT at 4, Im all for trading out of there.

    Which probably means DG will take a corner at 4, well all kill him for it for months and then that corner will be a top 3 rookie CB.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Id trade down for sure. We can still get one of the T or the guard at 6.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,433
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Id trade down for sure. We can still get one of the T or the guard at 6.
    Why do we want a guard ?

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    29,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    Why do we want a guard ?
    I meant LB I have 0 idea why I typed guard lol thomas or Simmons could be there at 6.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,433
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    I meant LB I have 0 idea why I typed guard lol thomas or Simmons could be there at 6.
    Both would be excellent chances. I am an old kind of guy who belives that the OL is the most important part of a team. If we could sign Conklin in FA and draft Thomas we would be set on the OL for years to come.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,428
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post


    Unless were getting that elite pass rusher or a franchise LT at 4, Im all for trading out of there.

    Which probably means DG will take a corner at 4, well all kill him for it for months and then that corner will be a top 3 rookie CB.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We can also get the LT and trade down. Do that!

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    29,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    Both would be excellent chances. I am an old kind of guy who belives that the OL is the most important part of a team. If we could sign Conklin in FA and draft Thomas we would be set on the OL for years to come.
    Yeah I agree. That would be big for jones
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,433
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Yeah I agree. That would be big for jones
    And Barkley

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    Posts
    11,063
    I want Tua, if he's there at 4. Why? He's a winner, a football player. I think we are getting Dave Brown II in DJ.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Missing56&33 View Post
    I want Tua, if he's there at 4. Why? He's a winner, a football player. I think we are getting Dave Brown II in DJ.
    Okay, Ill play along.

    1. Tua fractured his hip. Its not even certain he will ever be able to play football at a high level ever again

    2. DJ had a rookie season that was better, at least statistically, than Elis rookie season, while playing in a largely dysfunctional offense. Theres one big flaw he had too clean up, and that is pocket awareness.

    Its a common flaw for young players, and theres no reason to believe he wont be able to fix it. As a matter of fact, he already showed improvement in this regard throughout the season.

    So, to conclude, getting a QB, let alone a critically injured one, would be more than stupid.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    29,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Missing56&33 View Post
    I want Tua, if he's there at 4. Why? He's a winner, a football player. I think we are getting Dave Brown II in DJ.
    You can want tua all you want. Not going to happen. Nonsense about DJ.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,433
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    You can want tua all you want. Not going to happen. Nonsense about DJ.
    Totally agree.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •