Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    Quote Originally Posted by ME86 View Post
    Why would we waste a pick on tua? Danny boy did good this year with no offensive line and ****** game plans that were obvious to opposing defenses. Better protection and better play calling and I think Daniel will succeed. Plus our top offensive players were hurt so often this year every game he had different offensive personnel.
    I think once Tua is healthy, he's going to be something special. I'd draft him, I'm not sold on Daniel Jones. I think his fumbling issues are a huge problem and not an easy fix. He can run but he's not athletically intelligent and does not have scrambling big play making ability.

Lets be realistic....DJ was a gamble pick at 6....Pat Shurmur and DG hunch. Not sold

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    Thats the ****ing problem with this organization....so damn conservative....the big play making QB is the new NFL.

I don't want another Eli with a fumbling issue.....Draft Tua get him healthy and watch him take DJ job.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing56&33 View Post
    I think once Tua is healthy, he's going to be something special. I'd draft him, I'm not sold on Daniel Jones. I think his fumbling issues are a huge problem and not an easy fix. He can run but he's not athletically intelligent and does not have scrambling big play making ability.

Lets be realistic....DJ was a gamble pick at 6....Pat Shurmur and DG hunch. Not sold
    Glad you arenít the gm haha. He had an excellent rookie year for a QB we got our franchise guy imo fill one of several needs with the first pick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    Glad you arenít the gm haha. He had an excellent rookie year for a QB we got our franchise guy imo fill one of several needs with the first pick

Guy always has asinine view points. I guess he's entitled to his beliefs. They're just wild, lol. He even comes on this forum to complain about the Yankees forum posters because he posts wild **** over there on very random occasions.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing56&33 View Post
    Thats the ****ing problem with this organization....so damn conservative....the big play making QB is the new NFL.

I don't want another Eli with a fumbling issue.....Draft Tua get him healthy and watch him take DJ job.
    Eli won 2 rings. Jones is way more advanced than Eli at his age. You donít draft a QB a year after you draft one at 6 esp off a good year. Jesus Christ.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

As of now Simmons and Thomas seem most enticing to me. Very happy we got Jones but was disappointed in missing on josh Allen (pass rusher). Simmons could be a huge impact player like that. The OSU corner is intriguing too but we already have a ton of youth back there Iíd like to bring in a couple vet DBs in FA ideally

As of now Simmons and Thomas seem most enticing to me. Very happy we got Jones but was disappointed in missing on josh Allen (pass rusher). Simmons could be a huge impact player like that. The OSU corner is intriguing too but we already have a ton of youth back there Iíd like to bring in a couple vet DBs in FA ideally

What you think about Simmons and Peppers together? Arenít they more or less same position?

Quote Originally Posted by Giants-NL-3 View Post
    What you think about Simmons and Peppers together? Arenít they more or less same position?
    Simmons is more of a linebacker in the NFL I think. He reminds me of Lee Woodall from the mid 90s 49ers. Dude was a good safety in college but was so versatile he became a Pro Bowl LBer in the NFL.

Don't worry. He's got this.

I understand that our defense was very poor last year and Simmons would be an excellent addition. That said, I have been watching football since the 1950s and THE most important part of a successful winning team has always been the offensive line. A good one gives your QB time to throw and your RB holes to run through as well as keeping your defense off the field.

Thomas will be an All Star in this league for years to come and if we could sign Conklin to play RT we would have an excellent OL for years to come , barring injuries of course,.

We should address Defense in the free agency market, as well as our second round pick and compensatory third. I would love for us to hire Rex Ryan as our DC and let him take control of the defense.
    Last edited by Brooklyndave; 01-03-2020 at 02:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Giants-NL-3 View Post
    I donít think he plays safety in the NFL more LB who can cover which we havenít had in I canít tell you how long.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    I understand that our defense was very poor last year and Simmons would be an excellent addition. That said, I have been watching football since the 1950s and THE most important part of a successful winning team has always been the offensive line. A good one gives your QB time to throw and your RB holes to run through as well as keeping your defense off the field.

Thomas will be an All Star in this league for years to come and if we could sign Conklin to play RT we would have an excellent OL for years to come , barring injuries of course,.

We should address Defense in the free agency market, as well as our second round pick and compensatory third. I would love for us to hire Rex Ryan as our DC and let him take control of the defense.
    I would have no qualms about solidifying the LT spot it is something that needs to be addressed so Soldier can be slid to the opposite side. Iíd like Conklin too but I have a hard time seeing us add two Ts with solider here breaking the bank. Itíll be interesting to see what is prioritized in the draft knowing we have quite a bit of cap to address needs in FA first

I donít think he plays safety in the NFL more LB who can cover which we havenít had in I canít tell you how long.

Like I said in other thread I completely agree that a coverage lb should be one of the priorities this offseason, be it in the draft or FA. I was just wondering what you think, since I read some
    Stuff of people saying he has a real problem getting off blocks in the run game and therefore heís better to be a safety near the line of scrimmage kind of guy.

Anyways, even if peppers and him are similar they could coexist probably, but itís something to keep in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post

I think if Thomas is there at 4, you take him. If he isn't, I'd prefer they either take Simmons to be a defensive team leader, or trade back.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Ohio State DE Chase Young has officially declared for the 2020 NFL draft.

Not that the giants have a chance.

He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Ohio State DE Chase Young has officially declared for the 2020 NFL draft.

Not that the giants have a chance.

DG knows heís on a short leash. Donít be surprised if he trades future picks to move up and get him....if he really wants him. Not having a first in the 2021 draft might be another GMs problem.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast