Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Off Topic Thread: A New Beginning

They have kind of given the ok to do Off Topic Threads again. This can be used for any topic you guys want just try to keep it clean and within the PSD rules. Maybe this will help get some posting numbers back up in here.

Any of you guys getting Disney+? I have kind of went back and forth with it. there are a lot of nostalgia things that would be neat to see again and I do want to check out the Mandalorian but, not sure if its worth it at the moment.

I live in sort of a weird spot of Wisconsin where verizon is one of the onyl options for reliable phone coverage. Not out in the boonies by any means, but my drive to work goes through some back country where I need Verizon for coverage. So while they are typically more expensive, it is nice that I get a year of Disney+ free to see if we like it. I've got 2 really young kids in the house, so I'm sure we'll keep it. But I'm interested in the star wars stuff and I'll probably watch alot of the marvel movies eventually, so it seems worth it for that cheap even when it's not free.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I live in sort of a weird spot of Wisconsin where verizon is one of the onyl options for reliable phone coverage. Not out in the boonies by any means, but my drive to work goes through some back country where I need Verizon for coverage. So while they are typically more expensive, it is nice that I get a year of Disney+ free to see if we like it. I've got 2 really young kids in the house, so I'm sure we'll keep it. But I'm interested in the star wars stuff and I'll probably watch alot of the marvel movies eventually, so it seems worth it for that cheap even when it's not free.
    oh i'm sure I will eventually get it and keep it but, right now there isn't too much for me to want to have it at the moment. I mean the star wars stuff I have all the main movies on dvd/bluray. I haven't seen rebels so that would be a plus. The price point is great I just don't know if the current selection warrants me paying for it lol

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    oh i'm sure I will eventually get it and keep it but, right now there isn't too much for me to want to have it at the moment. I mean the star wars stuff I have all the main movies on dvd/bluray. I haven't seen rebels so that would be a plus. The price point is great I just don't know if the current selection warrants me paying for it lol
    Yea if I didn't get a year free with Verizon I probably would have tried to hold out a bit. I'll watch the Mandalorian soon. Rebels will be a nice half hour show for my to squeeze in episodes after my wife goes to bed and I'm up with the little one. But I have a backlog of other shows I'm still catching up on or will be released soon too.

anyone watching the XFL? I watched a little of it today and it wasn't horrible just a couple of things I wasn't a big fan of. The constant in game player interviews was dumb, I don't know if I like or don't like the kick off rule, its just weird and being able to hear the coach call in the plays and continue to talk throughout the play was weird.

I only watched a bit. I just don't see how it lasts. After seeing a guy like mahomes play a week earlier then seeing those guys is just tough.

I think there's some interesting things, but unless they can get subsidized by the nfl as a developmental league, they'll struggle to keep viewership. I'll watch it if there's nothing else on but I have no reason to root for a team. If say the packers were able to send EQ, Madison, Dexter Williams, hollman and summers and they all played on one team then I'd maybe have a little more reason to watch that team in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I only watched a bit. I just don't see how it lasts. After seeing a guy like mahomes play a week earlier then seeing those guys is just tough.

I think there's some interesting things, but unless they can get subsidized by the nfl as a developmental league, they'll struggle to keep viewership. I'll watch it if there's nothing else on but I have no reason to root for a team. If say the packers were able to send EQ, Madison, Dexter Williams, hollman and summers and they all played on one team then I'd maybe have a little more reason to watch that team in particular.
    That's one of the things though, I just can't see them even wanting to be the NFL DL. I went through the rosters and picked a team just kinda based off players. And I had some money for Draft Kings in it, AND I love UDFA types and upstart leagues, even I got kind of bored. That being said, after following it on Reddit/Discord, there's a pretty hardcore fan base, even if its small. But that's obviously not enough.

FWIW, every single game will have nearly 10 guys that were at least on GB TC rosters. But there's guys you barely remember about and really won't care about. Colby Pearson looked good, for example but who cares. GB fans aren't going to care about some TC guy they barely remember in the first place.

That being said, the presentation was fine, the rule changes are interesting. I'm not sure. I said this today, they really really needed a game to go into OT week one, or this week. Sell that OT rule, or just a crazy comeback. Games weren't slopfests but they weren't exciting either. Sounds like there's a chance with PJ Walker starting again and Quentin Flowers and maybe even Keenan Reynolds back at QB like he was in college, it could add SOMETHING. Aaron Murray style QBs just aren't going to get anyone interested, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Boobs. I was eating *** one time and she farted

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    That's one of the things though, I just can't see them even wanting to be the NFL DL. I went through the rosters and picked a team just kinda based off players. And I had some money for Draft Kings in it, AND I love UDFA types and upstart leagues, even I got kind of bored. That being said, after following it on Reddit/Discord, there's a pretty hardcore fan base, even if its small. But that's obviously not enough.

FWIW, every single game will have nearly 10 guys that were at least on GB TC rosters. But there's guys you barely remember about and really won't care about. Colby Pearson looked good, for example but who cares. GB fans aren't going to care about some TC guy they barely remember in the first place.

That being said, the presentation was fine, the rule changes are interesting. I'm not sure. I said this today, they really really needed a game to go into OT week one, or this week. Sell that OT rule, or just a crazy comeback. Games weren't slopfests but they weren't exciting either. Sounds like there's a chance with PJ Walker starting again and Quentin Flowers and maybe even Keenan Reynolds back at QB like he was in college, it could add SOMETHING. Aaron Murray style QBs just aren't going to get anyone interested, IMO.
    I care norm, I care.

Yeah I tried to watch yesterdays game before work and I just couldn't get into it. I think part of it for me is I don't have any kind of connection to a team. not just players wise but, any connection at all. For instance the reason I am a Packers fan is my mom's family lives near Green Bay so I grew up watching the packers and getting immersed in the culture. The reason I am a Hawkeyes fan is a similar reason. I grew up about an hour and 20 minutes south of Iowa City so I am in Hawkeyes territory, I've been to the University of Iowa for some doctoring reasons so I was immersed in that culture. there is nothing like that for the XFL for me.

Like I stated in my original post some of the things they are doing was pushing me a way. I know some people liked it but, I couldn't stand the constant cutting to the sidelines and player interviews. it made it feel, to me, more like a reality show than a sporting event. I also don't want to hear the play calling. They also have some insane rules. Like on punts if the ball goes out of bounds its treated as a touchback so the ball automatically goes to the 35 yard line so that takes away coffin corner kicks, with kick offs you have a major or minor touchback rule, tap penalties.

If this can continue for more than 1 season and I can actually sit down and watch games maybe I can get invested in it but, right now its one of those if nothing else is on I will turn it on type things

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post

Yea they've pretty much said they don't want to be the nfl D league and there's no reason for the nfl to want to pump money into a developmental league whem the ncaa basically already is that.

The thing is the league needs to make decent money that attract a few decent players. And if they can't do that, they might as well just fold because the marginal players get old after awhile. I just don't see them making decent money without the nfl pumping some money in.