Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Appreciate the reply, but thats exactly how I feel about Tonyan, not only being TD dependent but Iím not sure even as the minimum $ amount, still not really a bargain. I also really like some of those TEs going at end of drafts like Irv Smith and Johnnu Smith (or at least until Henry returns)

12 team standard league, Iíve always been one to wait on TE, sometimes I tell myself I need to get 1 of the big 3 and stop playing weekly guys I pick up off waivers, but when itís draft day itís hard for me to make that move early. I feel I want to take either a QB or TE mid draft and wait on the other and always go QB.

Some of my keeper options (year 3 now max keeepers at 7) are Tonyan, for minimum amount at about -5% salary, D Swift maybe 12% or D Cook. Cook is obviously more expensive, maybe close to 1/4 of salary, but Iíd be guaranteed to have him at about what the cost would be what Iíd pay if I won an auction for him. Maybe a few dollars cheaper, but no great bargain.

Iím kind of locked in on Chase Edmonds, Damien Harris, AJ Dillon all for league minimum. I won J Taylor last year for a reasonable price, half what I paid for Cook. Also won K Allen bc maybe nobody thought much of Herbert, but heís an easy choice and also have B Aiyuk for league minimum.

Auctions are obviously different based on leagues/team owners but I guess my worry with Cook is killing my budget going into draft, with Cook as a choice I think I go into draft with $120 remaining out of $280 (Cook and Taylor make up $108)

With D Swift over Cook Iíd have about $170 remaining and with Tonyan about $190. I guess my fear is most top players are kept and everyone bids on Cook jacking up price on him and others. I know Iím not getting a great deal for him, but with league size and now everyone allowed to keep 7 players, maybe Iím putting the thoughts of my final team over how the draft plays out. And without knowing the players that are being kept makes it tougher, I kinda had the mindset if I were to keep Cook, and say guys like CMC and Kamara are available, Iíd bid those players up making others spend on them at about what I had to on Cook. If they stop bidding and let me take, Iíll be absolutely broke and have to finish the rest of my draft with minimum bids for most of my remaining players, but Iíd have 3 top 10 picks at RB, with Edmonds and Harris still paired with K Allen and B Aiyuk, Iíd be upset I got stuck with that player at 1st, but still confident in my team Iíve built.

My problem is Iím not confident in D Swift and/or the Lions offense. And I could honestly prob win Tonyan in an auction for the cost Iíd keep him for, but I also really donít think his numbers will be as good as last years, unless they find other ways to use him, but with Cobb returning and drafting Rodgers, I donít really see how it is target share going way up.

Anyways, thanks for the reply and backing up my thoughts on Bobby

I do mostly auctions as well so I'm glad to see others doing them too.

I guess without knowing the league, I'd probably end up keeping cook. I'm always leary of not getting a stud. So even if you're not getting a deal on your stud, I'd still keep the stud unless I'm super overpaying.

And I would also hate going into an auction without much cash. In my main league it's me and 21 of my buddies that really control the draft and bid guys up and all of that. So I too would hate going into the draft without the ability to do that. But that being said, you have a pretty solid squad. You're basically set at RB with Cook and Taylor and the depth you have. Allen is a borderline WR1 type, but you have some cash to push where you can get another borderline WR1 type. Then go cheaper at TE with some cash spent at QB and you should be relatively set. Obviously in a league with keeper limits, you want to consider who the next guy might be so you can get deals next year.

Swift scares me too. They paid Jamaal a bit of cash so he's going to get some work. Swift was decent in the pass game last year, so hell get chances. But williams is also a good blocker and the lions are going to be losing quite often. There's definitely a path to Williams stealing some passing game work and that's scary for a guy on a team that isn't going to be leading alot of games.

There's definitely a chance you put cook back into the market and still get a really good team. I just think Cook, Taylor, Allen and Aiyuk is a pretty good baseline and you already have good RB depth. Focus the remaining cash on WR and QB and barring a really bad draft or a bad rash of injuries, you should be fairly competitive.

Yeah I enjoy auction leagues much more. If you actually know your league members, know what team/players they like, it really is fun driving up the price on people, that is until you get stuck with that player you donít want at a cost you really canít afford. Iíve been playing a couple of years, most of how the draft plays out prob is common sense, but my 1st year or 2 I really struggled with bidding early. I guess what I didnít plan on happening was the top ranked players going early, chose not to spend money on, but then the price goes up on those lower tiered players because everyone has that money left over to spend, so youíre not really getting a bargain. You really have to go into draft with a list of guys youíre sold on and go after just that group. But I have been the sucker getting stuck with someone attempting to drive up the price, all in all itís much more enjoyable than a snake draft.

Not sure why I didnít think about until last night, another option I have is Tyler Lockett, it would be the 2nd year as a keeper so his price goes up $10 not $5, but he would only be a dollar more than Swift,

J Taylor, C Edmonds, AJ Dillon and D Harris at RB and K Allen, B Aiyuk

1) w Lockett $110 spent, remaining budget $170

2) w Swift $109 spent, remaining budget $171

3) w Cook $160 spent, remaining budget $120

I think Iím going to go w option 1, now knowing most of all top 10 RBs will be up for grabs in auction. I see why Cook would be a wise choice, and it really is a tough choice. But I kinda feel I can get that RB similar to Cook in production for $70 if I have to, still leaving me with 100. Iím not sure I get that same result keeping Cook going into draft with only $120, Iím not getting that WR option similar to Lockett (I think will have a big year with more attention on DK and he seems to always be on the same page with Wilson, especially in Redzone) for only $20

I don't know how many of you are from Wisconsin but, in some interesting news the packers have switched Radio broadcastors after almost 100 years. after the 2022 season the packers are leaving 620 WTMJ whom they have partnered with since 1929 for iHeartMedia's WRNW 97.3 FM

Hope you guys had a good and safe Thanksgiving!

guys, if you haven't yet, go watch Ghostbusters:Afterlife it was amazing

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123