Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post

Quit ****ing with the game. You keep out players like Mike Piazza who was a 62nd round pick.
    This is the attitude that makes it so we don't have replay till 10 years too late. This traditionalist attitude is what kills the game more than anything. Every sports league is constantly altering the way they do things. And baseball is the only one that has a bunch of old men that want nothing to change.

I agree there should only be A, AA, AAA. Everything else is just unnecessary.

Could someone post the entire list here? I see 3 teams in Iowa are on that list and I have been to all of their ballparks and have enjoyed myself every time I go there.

If this plan goes through, I expect to see indy leagues spring up in a few of the areas being vacated.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Could someone post the entire list here? I see 3 teams in Iowa are on that list and I have been to all of their ballparks and have enjoyed myself every time I go there.
    All the teams listed are included in the tweet. Two pics showing all 42 teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Included along in this proposal is for the MLB Draft to be reduced from 40 rounds to 20, allow a max of 150 players per organization, and implement a limit on affiliated teams.

I don't have a twitter account and can only see 28 of the 42 teams. Please list them, OK?

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I don't have a twitter account and can only see 28 of the 42 teams. Please list them, OK?

"He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    If this happens.. It will be terrible for the sport.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    How would it be terrible for the sport?

They will, apparently, be eliminating the Appy League and the Northwest League, both rookie leagues. Many players figure out how to play in the rookie leagues.
    By the way, thanks for posting the list. I will miss going to one of my favorite ballparks where the Quad City River Bandits play. They have a great little ballpark there with some carnival rides around the outfield. It is a fun place to go.

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    How would it be terrible for the sport?
    This sport is dropping fans like flies.

Closing down ballparks is just going to make it more difficult for families whom aren't in distance of a another ballpark to see a live game. They may possibly lose all interest in the sport.

Since it would all but be impossible to go see a game live. Not everyone can afford the expenses of going to the big league games, especially when they're really far away from a stadium.

To some, that aspect is important with being engaged in the game. Just my two cents.

He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

So if MLB walks away from the deal, what happens? Is it like the old NBA where you would have to carry your freshly drafted rookies on your big league club?

Maybe I'm being short sighted here, but I just don't see how MLB can even put out the option of just eliminating the MILB all together.

I'm sure the players are not happy with this decision. I sincerely hope it does not happen. Lots of fans will lose interest in the game is their teams are contracted.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    This sport is dropping fans like flies.

Closing down ballparks is just going to make it more difficult for families whom aren't in distance of a another ballpark to see a live game. They may possibly lose all interest in the sport.

Since it would all but be impossible to go see a game live. Not everyone can afford the expenses of going to the big league games, especially when they're really far away from a stadium.

To some, that aspect is important with being engaged in the game. Just my two cents.

We have one minor league team, which is about 40 miles from me. We also have 3 independent league fields which are closer. The level of play is irrelevant, and not very different. I don't agree that removing a team in which most of the players are not even going to sniff the big leagues, will make any difference on major league baseball. If the argument is that people won't have a place to watch minor leaguers, well that's a different story.

Most of the towns that have minor league teams, don't have a big league option near by anyway.

There's also no fan allegiance to minor league teams with connection to major league teams. For instance, the team near me has been a minor league team for, Balt, Fla, Oak, KC, ChiC, Ariz. There's no fan connection at all. It's just a bunch of young guys who want to become MLB players.

For the most part, low level minor league baseball is very low quality baseball. It's just a nice, cheap night out for the family. But I still don't see how it would be bad for the sport at the major league level.
    Last edited by thawv; 12-22-2019 at 09:54 AM.

I thought the argument was that some of the facilities werenít keeping up with maintenance and upgrading.

I also read an interesting article (donít remember where) that talked about how premier league teams manage prospects in Europe. They talked about how theyíve gotten away from tradition leagues that function like mini pro leagues and rather focus on getting the prospects the instructions and practice they need even if that meant taking them off a minor team and putting them into their instruction facilities that work on biomechanics and other more instructional goals. I could see this approach being especially beneficial for pitching prospects.

I donít think a rethink of how the minor leagues work is a bad idea but they definitely need to be mindful of the place that these minor league teams have on their communities.

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    We have one minor league team, which is about 40 miles from me. We also have 3 independent league fields which are closer. The level of play is irrelevant, and not very different. I don't agree that removing a team in which most of the players are not even going to sniff the big leagues, will make any difference on major league baseball. If the argument is that people won't have a place to watch minor leaguers, well that's a different story.

Most of the towns that have minor league teams, don't have a big league option near by anyway.

There's also no fan allegiance to minor league teams with connection to major league teams. For instance, the team near me has been a minor league team for, Balt, Fla, Oak, KC, ChiC, Ariz. There's no fan connection at all. It's just a bunch of young guys who want to become MLB players.

For the most part, low level minor league baseball is very low quality baseball. It's just a nice, cheap night out for the family. But I still don't see how it would be bad for the sport at the major league level.
    I donít see the Brooklyn Cyclones, Staten Island Yankees, Reading Phillies and Lakewood Blue Claws on there. All are within a 1.5 hour drive from a MLB stadium.

My brother who lives in Florida said at one point the fans alliance to a team down there was based on how close they lived to the teamís spring training facility.
    Last edited by thefeckcampaign; 12-22-2019 at 09:58 PM.

MLB is just being tightwads. They are probably assuming that Bernie Sanders will become president and will force minor leaguers to get paid a living wage. MLB is a multi-billion dollar industry and could easily afford to pay minor leaguers more.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast