Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    wow POP should have retired even with DeRozan getting 36 and 4 they lose to Dallas and KP didn't have a strong game but Doncic went off, damn he's a beast on offense.
    SA is a very old school team, they post up as much as we do...

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Blue seats and Boogie if you guys want Randle part of the core then knicks rim will always be open lane for every team just remember that offense wins you some games in season but defense wins you championship.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk
    I think what I said is that Randle had a great game.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Seats View Post
    I think what I said is that Randle had a great game.
    I like Randle, for not being a blackhole - unlike Morris and Portis. Itís not his fault that fiz tries to make him a player he just isnít. He seems to care and wants to do better, glad he finally had a good offensive game.

If our starting 5-8 (minus Gibson and mitchell) keeps all shooting 40 % without trying a lot of threes, itís a legit question if Fizdale should be rather a defensive assistant.
    `

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Also where is this Nets great bench hiding? yes Levert and Kyrie are out, but damn losing to Indy badly without the great Brogs and Oladipo, how can that be?

I also guess we should have gone after Aaron Holiday, same team on Indy 24 points and 13 assists I place of Brogs........hmmmm they seem to be playing pretty well without Brogs last two games.
    Whatever helps your narrative that Knicks are being ran by ppl with brains correct

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Really they are not bad habits... I've been watching Julius since his Lakers days and the way Fiz is using him is not his game. He is a career 52% fg scorer... that is a ridiculously efficient scorer but that's because he has always played with real point guards who don't allow him to handle the ball at the 3 point line or bring the ball up to initiate the offensive set. Fiz thinks that Julius is Draymond but he is not!

I think Fiz is forcing this role on Julius because of his lack of confidence in Frank as a point guard. If DSJ had his sh it together and was starting like most of us envisioned I think you would see Julius getting buckets in transition and in the post more which is why he is a career efficient player.

People keep talking about, "well if Julius was so good, why did the Lakers and Pels let him walk." Simple... Lebron James and Zion Williamson!

Knicks got lucky to get a 24 year old player with Julius skill set at 18 million per. Nets are 1 game better with Kyrie and KD and DJ (whatever the circumstances maybe) would have been the same thing here with all our cap sitting on the bench collecting a check. But the media would have been happy huh? Hey look the Knicks got Kyrie and KD to look forward to maybe(if KD does something hardly no other player with his injury has done). No thanks... I'm taking my chances with Julius who is very durable at least. If the Knicks finish better than the Nets, I wonder what the excuse will be then?

For real Knicks fans, we know that we have literally given away at least 3 wins (Hornets, Bulls, Nets) that would have had our record at 7-7 right now and nobody would be nitpicking the Knicks this early on.
    I get it but as others have said heís also a major liability on D, either from laziness or lack of awareness. But bottom line is he consistently hurts you on that end of the floor, so he pretty much needs to perform close to last nightís level just to be a net positive.

Iím just assessing whatís realistically there. Heís a highly skilled player, I donít know that heís a ďwinningĒ player overall. I donít think Iím off on that.

A Mitch/Randle frontcourt is never going to work on EITHER end... this was always the concern and Randle's D, IQ and shooting are even worse than anyone thought.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    A Mitch/Randle frontcourt is never going to work on EITHER end... this was always the concern and Randle's D, IQ and shooting are even worse than anyone thought.
    I think with shooting at the 1-2-3 the pairing could work to a certain extent. That said I would prefer to just dump Randle, he's not really worth building around.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I think with shooting at the 1-2-3 the pairing could work to a certain extent. That said I would prefer to just dump Randle, he's not really worth building around.
    You think we could get a late first for him or no way?

Elfrid Payton (hamstring) was re-evaluated Tuesday, and tests revealed that his strained right hamstring is not fully healed. He will remain out and be re-evaluated in 10 days.

RJ Barrett (sprained left thumb) is probable for Wednesday's game at Philadelphia.
    Rotoworld

Just another view...

People were talking about Randle putting up 23/9/4 the last 2 months. If he were doing that here, then you would try harder to make it work. But the Randle we have seen on both ends is not someone worth adjusting a team for. We already have moved Mitch to the bench, which isn't a big deal b/c he's still playing as much as foul trouble permits. But long term, Mitch should be starting. and RJ is certainly starting, so Randle is far from ideal at PF.

Randle off the bench going to work against opposing second units for 8 million a year. I like it.

Randle starting and being built around as a core piece for 20 million a year. Get me a barf bag.

Taj Gibson will draw another start at center vs. the Sixers on Wednesday.
    Bondy Twitter

People were talking about Randle putting up 23/9/4 the last 2 months. If he were doing that here, then you would try harder to make it work. But the Randle we have seen on both ends is not someone worth adjusting a team for. We already have moved Mitch to the bench, which isn't a big deal b/c he's still playing as much as foul trouble permits. But long term, Mitch should be starting. and RJ is certainly starting, so Randle is far from ideal at PF.
    To be fair, the 9 and 4 parts are there. And we are talking about a roster that has had zero stability or defined roles, and terrible PG play. I get the doubts, but can we at least see what heís looking like at mid season before we start killing the guy.

Iím more concerned with Frank not developing on offense, DSJ seemingly either forgetting how to play, or stay in any kind of shape besides round, or Paytonís mysterious hamstring injury, than Randle. Heís a useable piece

Thereís no way you can be consistently destroyed in the PG matchup, and be even somewhat of a good team. We knew this going into the year, and we are still learning it now

He clearly benefitted from a reduced role with the Pelicans. It's the story of most players that end up joining the Knicks. I don't think he's a bad piece to have if things start coming together and players are put into the proper roles.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast