Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    No they couldn’t have I’m so tired of that discussion man Jesus . We couldn’t have gotten him because we weren’t in position to get Trae Young who the hawks also wanted . Hindsight is 20/20 but at the time with the unknown I’ll be shocked if the bulls or anyone else would have offered a bigger package than the mavs did for Luka . Mavs sent 5 with a 2019 protected 1st for Luka . They were just perfect trading partners because the Hawks were high on Luka and Trae so they got their guy and an extra first for 2019 tho they wasted Number 10 on Cam [emoji23]. Even if the bulls won the toss between the kings we weren’t guaranteed to win that pick. Who knows what would have happened we very well could have been picking 7 still .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I am extremely tired of people saying Bulls couldn’t do anything. You are telling me you wouldn’t have traded Lauri, #7 and 2019 1st for him or even?

Yes it’s hindsight and we don’t know for sure. What we do know is this team can’t draft elite talent, can’t trade for elite talent and can’t trade for or lure elite free agents. This Bulls team always has an excuse for why something couldn’t get done.

Quote Originally Posted by dyst View Post
    I am extremely tired of people saying Bulls couldn’t do anything. You are telling me you wouldn’t have traded Lauri, #7 and 2019 1st for him or even?

Yes it’s hindsight and we don’t know for sure. What we do know is this team can’t draft elite talent, can’t trade for elite talent and can’t trade for or lure elite free agents. This Bulls team always has an excuse for why something couldn’t get done.
    They’re good at picking safe, low ceiling, high floor, “good guys.” Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    They’re good at picking safe, low ceiling, high floor, “good guys.” Yay!
    Basically yes. Lauri is a good piece, Wendell is a good piece and Coby is a good piece.

Sure its very early to judge regarding Coby but Lauri and Wendell seem like they do not have that “it” factor.

Lauri looks like a guy who can net you 20 some points on occasion and Carter is a nice double/double around that 10-15 point threshold. Neither seem like a guy who can lead a team or take over when need be.

Lavine, this guy is disappointing. Has ability, has talent and has potential but has no affect on the game. Granted the coach SUCKS so its hard to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by dyst View Post
    Basically yes. Lauri is a good piece, Wendell is a good piece and Coby is a good piece.

Sure its very early to judge regarding Coby but Lauri and Wendell seem like they do not have that “it” factor.

Lauri looks like a guy who can net you 20 some points on occasion and Carter is a nice double/double around that 10-15 point threshold. Neither seem like a guy who can lead a team or take over when need be.

Lavine, this guy is disappointing. Has ability, has talent and has potential but has no affect on the game. Granted the coach SUCKS so its hard to tell.
    Bulls just have decent pieces. No star or really guys with potential to be stars. Coby will never be a #1. LaVine...the guy just can’t function playing team basketball. His shot and finishing have also regressed. He’s always out of control and never seems to be thinking out there. Some guys think too much, some not enough. He’s the latter.

Surely better coaching would help these guys, but not enough for any of them to be a cornerstone. Best case scenario for the Bulls is they end up with a top 3 pick and land a star. Then trade one of, if not both of Lauri/LaVine. Forget about free agency.

Bulls just have decent pieces. No star or really guys with potential to be stars. Coby will never be a #1. LaVine...the guy just can’t function playing team basketball. His shot and finishing have also regressed. He’s always out of control and never seems to be thinking out there. Some guys think too much, some not enough. He’s the latter.

Surely better coaching would help these guys, but not enough for any of them to be a cornerstone. Best case scenario for the Bulls is they end up with a top 3 pick and land a star. Then trade one of, if not both of Lauri/LaVine. Forget about free agency.
    Haha. Yeah. Do we need a flashback of last year where someone said the same thing about what the team had talent-wise or should we flash-forward next year to when we can say the same thing again? I think it’s fair to state the Bulls had a low chance of making a better offer for Luka and the Hawks were the team in position and Dallas made it happen. However it is also fair to state that there are one of two reasons the Bulls haven’t gotten it done in trading for an elite talent one of which is when they’ve been busy “accumulating assets” as we’ve heard before they either have not had the balls/foresight to make something happen or they’ve not accumulated the talent that would get something major done that put the team in position to be title-contenders. And the F.O. should be judged and held accountable there. Has it looked like they’ve ever had a vision or blueprint to win a championship? Fans have argued they could have drafted Beasley instead of Rose, but even if you believe that it was reasonable to consider the tweener Beasley as being the better prospect, do you really deserve credit for making the hometown choice in Rose? Maybe. I’d certainly have given them a pass if Rose had been a bust considering his Chicago roots. And with how GarPax operates I wouldn’t put it passed them if they considered having that to fall back on in the event Rose was not as good as Beasley. It often does take a bit of profound luck (even getting the number 1 pick doesn’t guarantee a title) as we saw when we won the lottery the Rose was drafted. The Cavs couldn’t win it all with LeBron his first stint there. The Thunder drafted 3 of the top 10-15 players in the era, but never won a title with Durant, Westbrook, and Harden. But the teams that do win titles were run by front offices that had a plan and were able to execute it. Not everything bounces the right way even for the front offices that win it all, but they consistently make the right moves that continue to put the team in contention or remain in contention. Our F.O. has a long enough track record by now to say it doesn’t appear to know what the hell its doing most of the time.

Admittedly I am biased. I dislike GarPax. I honestly have never liked Paxson since he’s been up there with the Bulls and he’s given more reasons to dislike him over time. However the only defense people have anymore is referencing any other of the more woeful front offices around the league for comparison.

And because I have little confidence that we will soon fire GarPax, I hope that at least when Jerry West passes someone holds a seance and channels his ghost into Gar Forman’s body. I’d have confidence in the Bulls’ F.O. then.

Garpax will never be fired. If it hasn’t happened now, it will never happen.

It’s gonna take a riot outside the UC with hoards of Bulls fans chanting “Fire GarPax!”, but even then I doubt Jerry would know/care about what’s going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://twitter.com/nbcsbulls/status...725711361?s=21

True. How insane is that? Lol it’s offensive quite honestly.

https://twitter.com/chisportupdates/...102596608?s=21

https://twitter.com/chisportupdates/...537419266?s=21

https://twitter.com/chisportupdates/...330138627?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    https://twitter.com/nbcsbulls/status...725711361?s=21

Noche! Man I loved watching him

Great start. God this team blows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What the hell do these guys do in practice. As a collective whole, the entire group can’t shoot, cannot play defense and their body language portrays one of dejection.

Our two bigs, Lauri and Wendell get 2 tries each directly under the rim and neither can put it in for the score. Just pathetic.

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast