Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who would YOU vote for the Hall of Fame?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Barry Bonds

9 69.23%
  • Roger Clemens

8 61.54%
  • Curt Schilling

8 61.54%
  • Larry Walker

10 76.92%
  • Derek Jeter

12 92.31%
  • Scott Rolen

5 38.46%
  • Manny Ramirez

7 53.85%
  • Andruw Jones

4 30.77%
  • Todd Helton

2 15.38%
  • Gary Sheffield

1 7.69%
  • Andy Pettitte

2 15.38%
  • Bobby Abreu

2 15.38%
  • Sammy Sosa

1 7.69%
  • Jeff Kent

3 23.08%
  • Jason Giambi

0 0%
  • Omar Vizquel

2 15.38%
  • Cliff Lee

4 30.77%
  • Rafael Furcal

1 7.69%
  • Eric Chavez

1 7.69%
  • Josh Beckett

1 7.69%
  • Brian Roberts

0 0%
  • Alfonso Soriano

0 0%
  • Billy Wagner

3 23.08%
  • Paul Konerko

1 7.69%
  • Carlos Pena

0 0%
  • Chone Figgins

0 0%
  • Raul Ibanez

0 0%
  • Brady Penny

0 0%
  • Adam Dunn

0 0%
  • JJ Putz

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Time For The Hall of Fame Vote Thread Again!

Go ahead and gives us your ballot.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/a...#all_hof_BBWAA

If you need to reference any stats.

Reminder, you are limited to 10 selections.

My list

1. Bonds - arguably the greatest player of all time, PED's don't do enough to make a player this great
    2. Clemens - arguably the greatest pitcher of all-time, PED's don't do enough to make a player this great
    3. Schilling - 27th pitching in rWAR, 53rd in WAR7, 27th in JAWS. He's above the base line, and easily within the 75 greatest pitchers of all-time, also a good post-season seals it for me
    4. Derek Jeter - despite being criminally over-rated his entire career, he's still an easy Hall of Famer. One of the best offensive shortstops of all-time, great post-season career, plenty of length to his career too.
    5. Larry Walker - 141 OPS+? Yes please. I don't care if played in Coors for a lot of his career, when you park and league adjust, he was a beastly 5 tool player for a long time. He's probably the 10th best Right Fielder of all time, and the best not elected so far. Out of 25 already elected Right Fielders, he's an easy choice as well.
    6. Scott Rolen - 5th best defensive third basemen, while being a top 20 offensive third basemen making him one of the 10 best third basemen ever. Out of 16 elected Third basemen, and the best to not have been elected, he belongs in.

I remain on the fence about Manny, Sheffield and Pettite. For me, they are all already very borderline players, and the fact that each is a known PED user doesn't help push them over an edge. I can get over PED's for guys that are slam dunk cases, but for borderline guys, it matters to me about as much as a great or a horrible post-season career can matter to me.

I like Helton, Andruw Jones, and Bobby Abreu quite a bit, but for me, they are all just a little short and would only be elected if we were choosing to expand the Hall of Fame. But I won't cry if any get elected.

Billy Wagner deserves consideration only for the fact that Trevor Hoffman went right in.

The rest are easy 'no's' for me.

I'm voting for...

Barry Bonds
    Roger Clemens
    Curt Schilling
    Larry Walker
    Derek Jeter
    Scott Rolen
    Manny Ramirez
    Andruw Jones

Bonds
    Clemens
    Jeter
    Kent
    Ramirez
    Schilling
    Walker

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

lol i wanna take part but going through this list to find out who are known ped users would take forever. As long as rolen gets in i am happy

Bonds
    Clemens
    Schilling
    Walker
    Jeter
    Rolen
    Manny
    Pettitte

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    lol i wanna take part but going through this list to find out who are known ped users would take forever. As long as rolen gets in i am happy
    Scott Rolen was also eliminates by the Giants in the Postseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Scott Rolen was also eliminates by the Giants in the Postseason.
    bonds would never get in if the decision was up to me.... not even because he might have used peds.... giants/braves should not be allowed in the HOF : )

imagine if i voted with my heart only

Rolen
    Lee
    wagner
    abreu
    ibanez
    shilling

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    My list

1. Bonds - arguably the greatest player of all time, PED's don't do enough to make a player this great
    2. Clemens - arguably the greatest pitcher of all-time, PED's don't do enough to make a player this great
    3. Schilling - 27th pitching in rWAR, 53rd in WAR7, 27th in JAWS. He's above the base line, and easily within the 75 greatest pitchers of all-time, also a good post-season seals it for me
    4. Derek Jeter - despite being criminally over-rated his entire career, he's still an easy Hall of Famer. One of the best offensive shortstops of all-time, great post-season career, plenty of length to his career too.
    5. Larry Walker - 141 OPS+? Yes please. I don't care if played in Coors for a lot of his career, when you park and league adjust, he was a beastly 5 tool player for a long time. He's probably the 10th best Right Fielder of all time, and the best not elected so far. Out of 25 already elected Right Fielders, he's an easy choice as well.
    6. Scott Rolen - 5th best defensive third basemen, while being a top 20 offensive third basemen making him one of the 10 best third basemen ever. Out of 16 elected Third basemen, and the best to not have been elected, he belongs in.

I remain on the fence about Manny, Sheffield and Pettite. For me, they are all already very borderline players, and the fact that each is a known PED user doesn't help push them over an edge. I can get over PED's for guys that are slam dunk cases, but for borderline guys, it matters to me about as much as a great or a horrible post-season career can matter to me.

I like Helton, Andruw Jones, and Bobby Abreu quite a bit, but for me, they are all just a little short and would only be elected if we were choosing to expand the Hall of Fame. But I won't cry if any get elected.

Billy Wagner deserves consideration only for the fact that Trevor Hoffman went right in.

The rest are easy 'no's' for me.
    we treated abreu pretty badly here tbh.... he was always undervalued.

.303/.416/.513 career as a Philly with good speed and defense over 9 years.

dude would be so celebrated today if someone was like that now.
    Last edited by Jeffy25; 11-19-2019 at 01:15 AM.

Abreu and Jeter.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

the biggest contract he got from us was 5 years 64 million.... i think the mets paid him the most salary in one year of 16 million... what would he get in todays sport with those kind of numbers?

Whitaker
    Evans
    Simmons
    Jeter
    Schilling
    Rolen
    Walker

He was not a leader and you could feel the atmosphere changed the second he was gone. It was then Utley’s team. I can easily say it was all for the better.

A lot of people feel he didn’t hit in the clutch.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast