Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who would YOU vote for the Hall of Fame?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Barry Bonds

9 69.23%
  • Roger Clemens

8 61.54%
  • Curt Schilling

8 61.54%
  • Larry Walker

10 76.92%
  • Derek Jeter

12 92.31%
  • Scott Rolen

5 38.46%
  • Manny Ramirez

7 53.85%
  • Andruw Jones

4 30.77%
  • Todd Helton

2 15.38%
  • Gary Sheffield

1 7.69%
  • Andy Pettitte

2 15.38%
  • Bobby Abreu

2 15.38%
  • Sammy Sosa

1 7.69%
  • Jeff Kent

3 23.08%
  • Jason Giambi

0 0%
  • Omar Vizquel

2 15.38%
  • Cliff Lee

4 30.77%
  • Rafael Furcal

1 7.69%
  • Eric Chavez

1 7.69%
  • Josh Beckett

1 7.69%
  • Brian Roberts

0 0%
  • Alfonso Soriano

0 0%
  • Billy Wagner

3 23.08%
  • Paul Konerko

1 7.69%
  • Carlos Pena

0 0%
  • Chone Figgins

0 0%
  • Raul Ibanez

0 0%
  • Brady Penny

0 0%
  • Adam Dunn

0 0%
  • JJ Putz

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Eric Chavez, Josh Beckett, and Paul Konerko with votes. Yikes.
    Chavez is laughable. I can at least understand the other 2 getting a couple votes, they were very good players on World Series winning teams. Beckett has 2 rings and a WS MVP.

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    This place was dumber when there were more posters (10+ years ago).
    We drove them away a little too aggressively I think.

Quote Originally Posted by thefeckcampaign View Post
    I have no leads if he did. I think that’s where the difference lies. Could he have? Of course. You never know someone is committing a crime until they get caught. He could have just been someone who was really slick at it.

I think the skinny body as much as his smile is what gives Griffey a pass.
    But being skinny has nothing to do with PED's.

Neifi Perez, Ozzie Canseco, Ryan Franklin, Jason Grimsley, Everth Cabrera to name a few of skinny players who were busted taking PED's.

Hell, Jenrry Mejia how many times? Not a big guy at all.

I agree with you, I'm just pointing out the ridiculousness.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    But being skinny has nothing to do with PED's.

Neifi Perez, Ozzie Canseco, Ryan Franklin, Jason Grimsley, Everth Cabrera to name a few of skinny players who were busted taking PED's.

Hell, Jenrry Mejia how many times? Not a big guy at all.

I agree with you, I'm just pointing out the ridiculousness.
    Playing devil’s advocate here, all of those were also not successful. Are there any that got exceptionally bigger that failed or at least did not improve who were busted?

Quote Originally Posted by thefeckcampaign View Post
    Playing devil’s advocate here, all of those were also not successful. Are there any that got exceptionally bigger that failed or at least did not improve who were busted?
    I guess I'm not following the question. That list of guys never got bigger, that isn't what PED's were used for for them. Unless you are doing strength training, PED's won't magically make you bigger. For someone like Rickey or Junior to have used, they didn't have to use and do a ton of strength training (though, Rickey did get jacked in his career).

Junior easily could have used to help injury recovery, speed training, functional training, core, etc. None of those things would make him bigger.

It's ****ing Criminal that Edgar Martienez is in the hall of fame and Larry Walker isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    It's ****ing Criminal that Edgar Martienez is in the hall of fame and Larry Walker isn't.
    Why is it criminal?

Basically same career WAR. Martinez has a 147 wRC+ vs Walker's 140 and 600 more PA. Walker was the better base runner and fielder, but not by a ton. They are basically equal in terms of career impact and value.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Why is it criminal?

Basically same career WAR. Martinez has a 147 wRC+ vs Walker's 140 and 600 more PA. Walker was the better base runner and fielder, but not by a ton. They are basically equal in terms of career impact and value.
    What do you mean he was the better fielder...not by a ton? He was one of the best RF of the 90's while Colorado's huge OF did him no favors and he slowed down quite a bit towards the end, he's still miles ahead of Edgar. Edgar couldn't stay healthy at any position and spent his whole career DH-ing.

As far as base running goes, Larry Stole 230 bases and was worth +23 according to Fangraphs, Edgar was worth -21 and stole 49 bases.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    What do you mean he was the better fielder...not by a ton? He was one of the best RF of the 90's while Colorado's huge OF did him no favors and he slowed down quite a bit towards the end, he's still miles ahead of Edgar. Edgar couldn't stay healthy at any position and spent his whole career DH-ing.

As far as base running goes, Larry Stole 230 bases and was worth +23 according to Fangraphs, Edgar was worth -21 and stole 49 bases.
    Walker was a +86 Total Zone Right Fielder, Martinez was a +17 Total Zone Third basemen.

These are comparable positions, but yes Edgar did play a lot fewer innings.

But he also produced 74 fewer runs on offense.

I.e. comparable players. It's not criminal to have one in over the other. They are comparable.

The Coors effect should very much come in to play when voting. Walker is a product of Coors Field. He's a very good ballplayer of out Coors. At Coors, he puts up hall of fame numbers. But so do a lot of very good players. Mix in the likely juicing, and I don't want him in. His best years are right in the wheel house of the steroid era.

Very good players should not be in the HOF.

Only 6.3% of the ballots are in but as of right now Jeter, Walker, Bonds, and Clemens (with Schilling a **** hair away) are all in line to be inducted to the HOF in 2020.

http://www.bbhoftracker.com/

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    The Coors effect should very much come in to play when voting. Walker is a product of Coors Field. He's a very good ballplayer of out Coors. At Coors, he puts up hall of fame numbers. But so do a lot of very good players. Mix in the likely juicing, and I don't want him in. His best years are right in the wheel house of the steroid era.

I just noticed that Walker's career road splits are .278/.370/.495. Very good, but not jaw dropping.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post

Are you against any “juicer” in the Hall?

I have no problem with Bonds and Clemens getting in the hall, but their plaques should indicate their choices.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345