Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Raiders @ Jets

Raiders @ Jets

Keep the streak alive!

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Don't understand why anyone would want to win these games.

We need to lose and focus on the draft. With our luck we will win 3 more games and screw over our pick.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmagic387 View Post
    Don't understand why anyone would want to win these games.

We need to lose and focus on the draft. With our luck we will win 3 more games and screw over our pick.
    Go into the locker room and tell the guys on the team to lose so they get a good draft pick.

Then we will come to your office and say, this group isn't the best so let's tank our clients portfolios and when the new class graduates, we will get a good one.

What other profession is it ok to suggest losing on purpose?

You would rather lose than see Sam develop? What if learning how to win NFL games is part of that process?
    You want the D to let the other guys score? Or is learning to close out a team important?

We will win 3 more games. We may win 5 more. The only really good team we play is the Ravens.
    If the Jets win this week, there is a legit chance they end up 8-8

The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

I want to see Sam continue to play well.. If that means we win then so be it..

Lol @ the people wanting to lose for a higher pick.... NEWS FLASH our drafting is terrible, give me the wins baby!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

Iím certainly not upset if we lose, but Iíll take a win vs a competitive team...plus itíd be 3 wins in a row, when was the last time that happened

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Go into the locker room and tell the guys on the team to lose so they get a good draft pick.

Then we will come to your office and say, this group isn't the best so let's tank our clients portfolios and when the new class graduates, we will get a good one.

What other profession is it ok to suggest losing on purpose?

You would rather lose than see Sam develop? What if learning how to win NFL games is part of that process?
    You want the D to let the other guys score? Or is learning to close out a team important?

We will win 3 more games. We may win 5 more. The only really good team we play is the Ravens.
    If the Jets win this week, there is a legit chance they end up 8-8
    Learning how to beat horrible teams is helpful? Funny, the Colts can go from the worst team in the league, draft Luck and then instantly become a playoff team.

Talent and coaching wins, we have neither. Therefore its in our best interest to lose and get picks.

Please don't give me this notion about telling the guys in the locker room to quit or lose. What type of thinking is that? We are horrible with them trying. A couple of bad play calls here and there will ensure us the loss. Our defense sucks, if Williams is ultra aggressive or ultra safe our corners will get burned either way.

Please don't overrate the team and think we have to tell our players to stop trying. They are in it for money and pride, no one even said that was tanking.

Learning how to beat horrible teams is helpful? Funny, the Colts can go from the worst team in the league, draft Luck and then instantly become a playoff team.

Talent and coaching wins, we have neither. Therefore its in our best interest to lose and get picks.

Please don't give me this notion about telling the guys in the locker room to quit or lose. What type of thinking is that? We are horrible with them trying. A couple of bad play calls here and there will ensure us the loss. Our defense sucks, if Williams is ultra aggressive or ultra safe our corners will get burned either way.

Please don't overrate the team and think we have to tell our players to stop trying. They are in it for money and pride, no one even said that was tanking.
    Learning to beat the teams you should beat isn't important? Gotcha

Talent and coaching wins? I agree. We have neither? I disagree. If we had neither we wouldn't have won a game.

Our defense sucks? Right

Where exactly did I over rated the team?

Here. I will make this clear

Can we beat the

Raiders? Yes
    Bengals? Yes and should
    Dolphins? Yes and should
    Steelers? Yes
    Ravens? Not at this point so unless this team suddenly grows volumes, nope
    Bills? Yes

What are your answers to those games?

Raiders-
    Bengals-
    Phins-
    Steelers-
    Ravens-
    Bills-

We most likely win at least 2 and possibly 3-5. So by saying there is a chance we end up 8-8 is overestimating?

The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

What good does higher picks do if you don't have scouts and front office people who can draft well? We saw this with Mac and Idzik. The Jets from 2012-2015 had 33 draft choices in that time frame; the only two left of those 33 are Brian Winters and Quincy Enunwa who quite honestly, could both be gone at season's end. The Jets haven't had legitimate drafts since 2006 and 2007 when we got among others, Mangold, Ferguson, Revis, Harris, Leon Washington, Brad Smith, and others.

Give me wins on the football field! If you have good people drafting and good coaching, you can draft anywhere and get quality talent that a good coach knows how to properly use!
    Eichel Tower

Boom

I like wins. I like development for Darnold, but I also love Andrew Thomas and feel like he's about the only can't miss prospect in this draft and a major need for us. I know we'll win too many to get him, just would have been nice to.... Hopefully Wirfs is still on the board.

We need protection for Sam or nothing else will matter.

Only games we should be the favorite for is Bengals and Dolphins. We SHOULD lose the others because the other teams are better. Doesn't mean we will lose them though. Same goes for the Bengals and Dolphins games. Just cuz we should win those certainly doesn't mean we will.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Learning to beat the teams you should beat isn't important? Gotcha

Talent and coaching wins? I agree. We have neither? I disagree. If we had neither we wouldn't have won a game.

Our defense sucks? Right

Where exactly did I over rated the team?

Here. I will make this clear

Can we beat the

Raiders? Yes
    Bengals? Yes and should
    Dolphins? Yes and should
    Steelers? Yes
    Ravens? Not at this point so unless this team suddenly grows volumes, nope
    Bills? Yes

What are your answers to those games?

Raiders- L
    Bengals- W
    Phins- W
    Steelers- L
    Ravens- L but they might rest guys
    Bills- L

We most likely win at least 2 and possibly 3-5. So by saying there is a chance we end up 8-8 is overestimating?
    Congrats, we will learn how to beat teams that can't win and miss the top tackle in college.

Don't know whether it matters, but even losing teams want to win at least one game, which makes the Bengals dangerous. LOL.

If nothing else, it's nice to see the Raiders at the Jets, instead of the other way around.

Congrats, we will learn how to beat teams that can't win and miss the top tackle in college.

If you think that's how it shakes out, we will still have a top 10 pick
    Why does it have to be the top tackle?

Why can't it be the second best tackle
    Or the best center
    or second best?
    Or the second best WR?
    Or the second best edge?

Or trade back?

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast