Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

where does the mitchell trubisky trade rank?

in terms of what the bears gave up and the player he now is along with the better QBs on the board... where all time does this rank in terms of bad trades?

I don't blame a team for drafting "their guy" even if it looks bad in hindsight and they should move on as soon as possible.

As for the trade though, who were they even negotiating against? It is kind of interesting that all QBs drafted in that first round went to teams that traded up for them, just as it was in 2016. So while we laugh at the Bears we can also laugh at the teams that traded away those picks. (Except Seattle who traded away their 2016 pick that became Paxton Lynch. But Buffalo who supplied the pick became that became Mahomes? Oof.)
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 11-18-2019 at 07:22 AM.

Better to find out now vs. the Rams who already paid Goff. BDawk was right about Goff, dude isn't good. I has a hunch too, but was giving some benefit of the doubt since he was young and growing and that was part of his rise in success. Gurley was tearing up the first half for him. Goff and Mitch are as good as their weapons, protection and play callers for the most part. Everyone is to some extent, but these are are really dependent on those aspects imo.

I am not big on goff either but we cant just call him bad after 2 great seasons because of a bad 10 games.... anyway you slice it he was damn good in 2017 and 2018...

3-1 TD/Int ratio
    8500 plus yards

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    Goff and Mitch are as good as their weapons, protection and play callers for the most part. Everyone is to some extent, but these are are really dependent on those aspects imo.
    Goff is better though.

Even just looking at recent history, what percentage of QBs, whereEVER they're drafted, develop into the type of QB they're expected to or better....while not getting to sit and absorb on the bench for at least their 1st season?

Just in the last few years, list those who've consistently shown they are the franchise QB they were expected to be....then list those who aren't. Obviously there'd also be a QB or two that we're not sure about either way.

The question with Trubisky is whether the Bears...or someone else....give him another shot to look like the trending upward 2018 Trubisky...or drop him and maybe that never happens.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I don't blame a team for drafting "their guy" even if it looks bad in hindsight and they should move on as soon as possible.

As for the trade though, who were they even negotiating against? It is kind of interesting that all QBs drafted in that first round went to teams that traded up for them, just as it was in 2016. So while we laugh at the Bears we can also laugh at the teams that traded away those picks. (Except Seattle who traded away their 2016 pick that became Paxton Lynch. But Buffalo who supplied the pick became that became Mahomes? Oof.)
    Agree. At the end of the day, the bears had a solid defense and plenty of cap room. They could afford to give up those later picks to get their guy. One of the picks did ultimately turn into Kamara, but typically you expect 3rd rounders to be good to okay starters or good backups. So it's not like it was an astronomical price.

If they took mahomes or Watson, or if trubisky was that good, we would never question the deal. We would praise them for making sure they got their guy. So to me, it's a fine trade, just a bad player eval. They gave up more than it should cost to move up one spot and they probably were bidding against themselves, but qb is just that important of position. Pay the premium to get your guy. Just make sure your guy is the right guy. That last part is where they failed.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I am not big on goff either but we cant just call him bad after 2 great seasons because of a bad 10 games.... anyway you slice it he was damn good in 2017 and 2018...

3-1 TD/Int ratio
    8500 plus yards
    so 2 nice seasons and 2 whack ones.

I don't think he's any better then a tannelhill. give him mcvay and the talent goff had and he'd put up similar digits too.

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    so 2 nice seasons and 2 whack ones.

I don't think he's any better then a tannelhill. give him mcvay and the talent goff had and he'd put up similar digits too.
    1 whack season... outside of his 2 great seasons so far he has only played 17 games.

Its bad.

That's all I know lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.