Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    verlander will finally be showing his age next year he won't come close to the previous seasons..

We've all been expecting that for the last 3yrs. He might not begiven, i mean win the CY . I would bet he's still a top 5 pitcher in the AL

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    We've all been expecting that for the last 3yrs. He might not begiven, i mean win the CY . I would bet he's still a top 5 pitcher in the AL
    I don't think he will be.
    I think younger guys like Berrios, Golito and Bieber will start to surpass him. There are also surprise guys every year that jump into the picture.

Verlander will still be a great pitcher but I think Cole helped him a great deal. Now it's on him. Top 10? Probably but I don't think he stays top 5.

We can revisit at season's end!

The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

Anyone think dusty baker will cost them some games ?

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Anyone think dusty baker will cost them some games ?
    Losing Cole will cost them more. Baker is a PR move. Short term deal to get the house in order, a new sheriffs in town.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Houston is a mess right now but they lost alot this winter and did absolutely nothing to upgrade anything

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Losing Cole will cost them more. Baker is a PR move. Short term deal to get the house in order, a new sheriffs in town.
    I agree Baker is a PR move, but he's not the long term manager that they want given their analytics staff.

He's a good calming influence, who tends to get a lot out of his players, but can be prone to the Boone headed decision at times.

The Yankees are easily the AL favorites. The Astros will be motivated though and I'm sure they would love nothing more than to shut up everyone by winning a WS. Vegas still likes them a lot too. Their over/under is 97 wins.

. Oh I agree . I just don’t get how Vegas still thinks Houston gets 97 wins . I peg them at 95 wins

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Yep. So they can return to the old days of cheating, once they have paid the perceived penance

The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345