Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Does Houston fall back a bit

If Houston can't cheat anymore do they become more beatable?

Astros become more beatable once Cole signs in NY.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Astros become more beatable once Cole signs in NY.
    And now that the Astros can't cheat against him, he might sign here.

**** off. Where's my title

I would hope with the penalties they receive and the players certainly aren't innocent in this either they would fall back next year.

I also think it depends on who heads role in their management. If their manager and GM get in trouble as they should it won't be easy for them to adjust

Even though they are still an incredibly talented team with a nice farm if the MLB does the right thing it would be pretty difficult for them not to fall back some.

If the MLB disciplines the whole ORG like they should it could be a franchise changer imo

Fines, suspensions, loss of draft picks, seem in order

if cole was not on the astros the astros would still beat this yankee team.. who cant prove they could beat houston in the playoffs.

It depends on the severity of the penalties, whether Cole signs elsewhere and whether it's a competitor, whether they trade their minor league assets for another top pitcher, etc. However, it should do some damage.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I would hope with the penalties they receive and the players certainly aren't innocent in this either they would fall back next year.

I also think it depends on who heads role in their management. If their manager and GM get in trouble as they should it won't be easy for them to adjust

Even though they are still an incredibly talented team with a nice farm if the MLB does the right thing it would be pretty difficult for them not to fall back some.

If the MLB disciplines the whole ORG like they should it could be a franchise changer imo
    I just posted this in the Off season thread, the story now coming out that they intentionally move the cameras for that reason?
    That means the entire organization had knowledge and if that's the case, it's by far the biggest cheating scandal since the Chicago Blacksox

Yeah Kinko I agree if they were moving cameras and most of or all the organization knew about this this is absolutely the worst thing since the black socks

I'm just really hoping the MLB actually treats this with the severity they should

If this thing goes all the way to the owners, I don't think its unrealistic to think the MLB will take over the team like they did with I believe the brewers yrs ago

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Yeah Kinko I agree if they were moving cameras and most of or all the organization knew about this this is absolutely the worst thing since the black socks

I'm just really hoping the MLB actually treats this with the severity they should

If this thing goes all the way to the owners, I don't think its unrealistic to think the MLB will take over the team like they did with I believe the brewers yrs ago
    That would be awesome and it should happen but i doubt Manfred has the sack to do it.

I will be really shocked if the Astros win more than 95 games . I mean they lost Cole , hill and another player and now don’t have a gm or manager . Then factor in that they will be less inclined to cheat and I would say they may even win less than 95 games . And that isn’t even taking into consideration that Verlander and Grienkie are well on the wrong side of 35.

There is a huge Houston discussion going on in the PSD mlb forum.

FYI.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Losing Cole is the only blow to their team. Hinch and the GM being gone doesn't matter. They're still easily a top 2 team in the AL and should be a world series threat.
    Last edited by goingfor28; 01-16-2020 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Osimg Cole is the only blow to their team. Hinch and the GM being gone doesn't matter. They're still easily a top 2 team in the AL and should be a world series threat.
    One of two things is going to happen.

1: They're either going to rally together and show everyone that they're still a good team without the cheating.

2: They're going to crumble from the pressure of the baggage they currently have.

I think they're not going to be as good of a team as they have been. How much drop off, I don't know. I do see some regression from the team overall.

Also, who is Osimg Cole? She sounds hideous.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

They will miss Cole. I also think Bregman and Altuve benefited from the cheating, especially Bregman, and will have worse years. The Angels will be better and might win more games against them with the return of Otani and the acquisition of Rendon to put more pressure on that Cole depleted pitching staff. They also lost Will Harris from their bullpen. They will also be leaderless, though Joe Espada, if they make him their manager, is a good man and a somewhat stabilizing personality, but has no major league managing experience. Their GM mastermind is gone and that's got to hurt their ability to promote and evaluate talent. However, all that being said, they have some great personnel and will probably win 98 games, but not 107. They also might lose to the Twins in the Divisional Series, when the Yankees have best record, setting up a Yankees Twins LCS.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast