Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

November Game Thread

Been super busy but I figure better late than never with the game thread. What the hell is going on with this team.

Just on time.

Theyíre still a shut down dman away.
    The biggest issue I see is Barrie.
    I still have high hopes, ive always wanted him on this team. Should keep him affordable in the offseason which is a huge if you can lock him in. Iíd easily give him 6X30 no matter how the rest of his season goes.

Iím willing to wait on the young goalies, meaning Iím expecting to keep losing any game Andersen isnít playing.

Tuesday, November 19th
    Maple Leafs(9-9-4) vs Golden Knights(10-9-3)
    10:00 pm est
    TSN4

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Theyíre still a shut down dman away.
    The biggest issue I see is Barrie.
    I still have high hopes, ive always wanted him on this team. Should keep him affordable in the offseason which is a huge if you can lock him in. Iíd easily give him 6X30 no matter how the rest of his season goes.

Iím willing to wait on the young goalies, meaning Iím expecting to keep losing any game Andersen isnít playing.
    I don't think the players are going to use the escalator again so I can't see the cap moving much. I'd rather let Barrie walk or trade him and resign Muzzin. We need more Muzzin's. Then if you can swing it, maybe take a run at Sami Vatanen in the off-season since he'll likely be 2 million dollars cheaper than Barrie and much better defensively. That's if the Leafs even have the cap space. Dermott is an RFA at the end of the season too.

I'll tell ya one thing.. I expect this team to turn it around and make the playoffs. But if the wheels fall off thank god that 1st round pick sent to Carolina is lottery protected.

Travis Hamonic is a UFA this off-season too. All comes down to cap space. If the players don't use the escalator I can't see the cap going up much more than 2 million.

Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    I don't think the players are going to use the escalator again so I can't see the cap moving much. I'd rather let Barrie walk or trade him and resign Muzzin. We need more Muzzin's. Then if you can swing it, maybe take a run at Sami Vatanen in the off-season since he'll likely be 2 million dollars cheaper than Barrie and much better defensively. That's if the Leafs even have the cap space. Dermott is an RFA at the end of the season too.

I'll tell ya one thing.. I expect this team to turn it around and make the playoffs. But if the wheels fall off thank god that 1st round pick sent to Carolina is lottery protected.
    Hell yeah on the protection.

I think you lock up the skill. Give me Barrie over muezzin plz.

Thursday, November 21st
    Maple Leafs(9-10-4) vs Coyotes(13-7-2)
    9:00 pm est
    Sportsnet Ontario

Thursday, November 21st
    Maple Leafs(9-10-4) vs Coyotes(13-7-2)
    9:00 pm est
    Sportsnet Ontario
    Should be interesting.

Iím really hoping for a more creative offence.

Everyone wants the defence to lock things down, but imo that isnít how this team is built.

Weíre built to lead the league in scoring.

Angry

Everyone wants the defence to lock things down, but imo that isnít how this team is built.

Weíre built to lead the league in scoring.
    If the team doesn't have jump tonight that will be frightening. Hopefully Keefe let's the horses run as where Babcock kept them in the barn. Absolutely need to win tonight. I'd like to see Barrie on PP1 as well. I love Rielly but he doesn't have a slapshot or clapper. Barrie does and I wanna see that threat on the PP for more than 25-30 seconds a PP.

Leafs PP1 tonight..

Matthews-Tavares-Bill Nye
    Rielly-finally Barrie!

Mikheyev to play with JT and Hyman. Kerfoot on the wing with Spezza in the middle and Kapanen on the right. Only way to get Barrie going is to give him PP time. He rattles off a few points, maybe a goal and he could take off. He's also paired with Dermott. Holl with Muzzin and Rielly with Ceci the anchor. God trade Ceci and bring up Sandin. Could give a **** about right shot left shot. He sucks.
    Last edited by KingerSox; 11-21-2019 at 06:09 PM.

Barrie has been a lot worse than ceci.

Barrie has been a lot worse than ceci.
    Wait until he's used to his strengths. Ceci drags our best defenceman down. No idea why we signed him. He was an RFA. Could of walked away let him go to FA and kept 4.5 in cap space. How good would that look now? Ceci offers nothing but if you get Barrie going he's a game changer. Ceci sucks buffalo dick.

Wait until he's used to his strengths. Ceci drags our best defenceman down. No idea why we signed him. He was an RFA. Could of walked away let him go to FA and kept 4.5 in cap space. How good would that look now? Ceci offers nothing but if you get Barrie going he's a game changer. Ceci sucks buffalo dick.
    Meh, Barrie has still been worse.

That 4.5 will be key next offseason.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast