Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 43
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    42,380

    How good are the Heat?

    They are off to a good start. How good are they, what is there ceiling/floor. What do you think of this team?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,010
    I didn't expect it but still had them pegged as a playoff team. They haven't played the toughest schedule thus far but being in the East, that's bound to happen.

    I think they could make the 2nd round of the playoffs, if healthy. Maybe ECF but I think that's pushing it. Depending on match up, I could see a first round exit but they should be facing the Bucks or 76ers in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

    7 game series is just a different animal.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    15,669
    Miami's defense is legit and their shooting is legit. Those 2 things aren't going away. They're also coached well. So it's a given they'll make the playoffs barring some crazy injuries.

    Where the question marks come into play is whether they can add another go-to scorer. Right now they're relying heavily on rookies and that may not be able to carry you to the 2nd round. Nonetheless I predict anywhere from 46-52 wins.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,926
    I think they have a high ceiling down the road. Herro is gonna be a player. But right now they aren't really going anywhere with Butler as their best player. He's a good player but he ain't that good. They have some great young talent though which is why I think their future is very bright.


    Rippin' lips son!!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    42,380
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    I think they have a high ceiling down the road. Herro is gonna be a player. But right now they aren't really going anywhere with Butler as their best player. He's a good player but he ain't that good. They have some great young talent though which is why I think their future is very bright.
    Is he better then Donovan Mitchell?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    33,598
    4 or 5 seed and could advance to the 2nd rd. That's their ceiling this year imo.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    42,380
    Butler is averaging 6.5 assists a game


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,857
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    They are off to a good start. How good are they, what is there ceiling/floor. What do you think of this team?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    3rd-4th seed team as of right now. If Pat can pull off a trade for an All Star level player, then as long as they don't have to play the Bucks they have a good shot at making it into the ECF.
    Last edited by Dade County; 11-17-2019 at 02:20 AM.







    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    15,669
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Is he better then Donovan Mitchell?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IMO, yes. On the defensive side of the ball it's a clear divide. Setting up teammates, again yes. Flat out scoring, he's clearly shown he's better thus far in the playoffs. Mitchell seems to have taken a nice step forward this season, but will it translate in the postseason?

    I feel Miami is like the Jazz/Nuggets of the East, so that's a good comparison to start with.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,926
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    IMO, yes. On the defensive side of the ball it's a clear divide. Setting up teammates, again yes. Flat out scoring, he's clearly shown he's better thus far in the playoffs. Mitchell seems to have taken a nice step forward this season, but will it translate in the postseason?

    I feel Miami is like the Jazz/Nuggets of the East, so that's a good comparison to start with.
    I think this is terribly misleading. Yes, anyone would admit that Butler is the better defender. But at similar stages in their career Mitchell is light years ahead of Butler offensively. I would certainly expect a guy almost 30 on a much better offensive team to be more efficient in the playoffs as a second/third option than a second year guy having to be the first and really only option offensively. But I think it could be a very good debate as to who's the better player. And I do agree that although constructed differently they are probably in a similar position team wise to the Jazz/Nuggets in their respective conferences.


    Rippin' lips son!!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    15,669
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    I think this is terribly misleading. Yes, anyone would admit that Butler is the better defender. But at similar stages in their career Mitchell is light years ahead of Butler offensively. I would certainly expect a guy almost 30 on a much better offensive team to be more efficient in the playoffs as a second/third option than a second year guy having to be the first and really only option offensively. But I think it could be a very good debate as to who's the better player. And I do agree that although constructed differently they are probably in a similar position team wise to the Jazz/Nuggets in their respective conferences.
    We all know we're comparing them now, and not their progress at a specific age. As of last season, whether Butler was actively functioning as a 1st option or 2nd option, most would give him the nod over Mitchell.

    Things may be trending differently so far. I haven't seen many high scoring outbursts from Jimmy consecutively. I think he's just playing for what the team needs and we're winning. But if he wanted to be could crank his scoring up to 22+, while still being a much greater defender.

    You're right that it's a good debate, but for now I'll just say based on history Butler is better. Butler is the only legit go-to scorer on Miami so we'll see what happens if the roster stays the same if Miami makes the playoffs.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,926
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    We all know we're comparing them now, and not their progress at a specific age. As of last season, whether Butler was actively functioning as a 1st option or 2nd option, most would give him the nod over Mitchell.

    Things may be trending differently so far. I haven't seen many high scoring outbursts from Jimmy consecutively. I think he's just playing for what the team needs and we're winning. But if he wanted to be could crank his scoring up to 22+, while still being a much greater defender.

    You're right that it's a good debate, but for now I'll just say based on history Butler is better. Butler is the only legit go-to scorer on Miami so we'll see what happens if the roster stays the same if Miami makes the playoffs.
    I was gonna come on here and give my pitch for Mitchell but he decided to go 5-23 last night in a loss...you win, Jimmy's better LMAO!


    Rippin' lips son!!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    15,430
    I'll reserve judgment until after we're roughly 35-40 games in. We haven't been fully healthy and our two Hawks wins were without Trae Young on the floor for most of it. We do have against HOU and @MIL under our belt and we've played more road games than home games.

    Time will tell and I know they have a lot room for growth, but for now I'm quite happy.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    15,430
    Few things off the bat I see as weaknesses though is....

    1) Lack of a rim protection when Bam goes to the bench and/or when the matchups force Bam to the perimeter defensively. Those are the stretches where opposing teams have gone too unimpeded to the rim.

    2) We're relying on an undrafted rookie to provide a lot of scoring in the starting lineup, and I just question how sustainable long term that is. It's allowed Goran to feast on second units fwiw, but still.

    3) We turn the ball over a ton.

    We're very perimeter oriented as a team, but in the modern NBA, it's not a bad thing. That said, I'm very interested in how we match up against PHI specifically....
    Last edited by SteBO; 11-20-2019 at 01:13 PM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    442
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I didn't expect it but still had them pegged as a playoff team. They haven't played the toughest schedule thus far but being in the East, that's bound to happen.

    I think they could make the 2nd round of the playoffs, if healthy. Maybe ECF but I think that's pushing it. Depending on match up, I could see a first round exit but they should be facing the Bucks or 76ers in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

    7 game series is just a different animal.
    Not sure about now but before last nights game against the Cavs they have had the 2nd hardest schedule in the league. Their tough games came at brutal times too either on the 2nd night of a back to back or a 3rd game in 4 nights just like the philly game will be Saturday. Wish we could watch those 2 player at full strength but a win there would be huge.

    As for the Heat in general:

    When Miami plays bad teams theyíre just absolutely destroying them, they let them creep back in a little towards the end but the game are basically over by halftime.

    Miamiís starting 5 right now is the best 5 man lineup in the league in terms of net rating, I donít think they can bring Winslow back to start and ruin that (although they played good with winslow too) but he would be a huge boost to an already very good bench.

    Weíre doing this right now without Winslow DJJ James Johnson and Dion. I think this team is 1 piece away and Iím wondering if Winslow DJJ either JJ or Dion for filler plus picks can get them that piece. Iím looking at the PF position.

    Griffin (doubtful), Love, Aldridge

    Also keeping PGs on my radar: Lowry, Jrue, CP3, DLO

    They could maybe pull of a CP3 and Love/Aldridge trade off they play their cards right. Cap relief and DJJ for CP3, Winslow and cap relief for Love or Aldridge. Throw picks in where needed and go all in, possibly keep flexibility for 2021 FA as well with Aldridge expiring and CP3s PO.

    Things are going to get interesting.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •